Notices

dump tube and flex tube

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: dump tube and flex tube

Looks awesome. I love fabbing my own stuff. Adds a bit more pride to a project since its not a bolt on procedure.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: dump tube and flex tube

Originally Posted by kbouchard1092
Looks much better for sure!. I doubt the paint will stay but it doesnt look too bad.

Most likely it will chip off. Usually only professionally coated products really stay (for the most Part) Or ceramic coatings

I am glad i told you about the Turbo flex bellow there..I re-did my dumptube 3 times now cause the flex kept failing (even the turbo flex) This one is made really specifically for dumptubes. Anyone looking to recircualte there Dumptube NEEDS to use this type of Flex. I had one fall apart, and the other one failed internally. The outside looked fine but it had collapsed somewhat internally and let me tell you was quite the PIA to diagnose since it looked perfectly fine from the outside.
Yeah glad you told me about that part too. Once I got it and looked inside I can see a huge difference in construction. Hopefully save me some troubles down the road.

Paint probably will peal off but if it slows down some rusting, even a little I suppose it's ok. I used the 500 degree paint which I know is not enough but all I could find. Next day at autoparts store I see over on a different shelf the 2000F paint. Woops, oh well that one probably would have come off eventually too.

Originally Posted by BigMike0147
Good job! a lot of welding on that piece with the flanges and what not. That's OK though because it will help a lot with install and breakdown.
Yeah makes for lost of work but the idea was for installation and removal. And also gives me the option of making a non recirculating dump in the future if I even want to play around without to much work.

Well here they are all wrapped up in header wrap. Installed on the car yesterday.