Duc's 712whp Dyno Plot...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 11:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Duc's 712whp Dyno Plot... (CheezeFrog)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CheezeFrog &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OMFG x's 1 million </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 10-11-2003, 11:27 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: Duc's 712whp Dyno Plot... (HXMan)

When are you going to run it at the track?
Old 10-11-2003, 11:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Duc's 712whp Dyno Plot... (Arturbo)

We're gonna head down to Pomona for the NHRA event on the 25-26th of this month... Hope to see everyone there!!!
Old 10-11-2003, 11:44 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: Duc's 712whp Dyno Plot... (Kataku2K3)

Nice!
Old 10-11-2003, 11:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Duc's 712whp Dyno Plot... (Kataku2K3)

Very NICE, can't wait for another 1 of those GZ vids- "stop video taping Bitch!!!!"
Old 10-12-2003, 12:30 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Duc's 712whp Dyno Plot... (RAWB)

Good job guys

a couple things.

why did u let off @ 9k? looks like if u rev it to 10k it will still be making 700hp.

also, check ur PM. I have a turbo question.

chris
Old 10-12-2003, 03:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Duc's 712whp Dyno Plot... (littlebluecrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by littlebluecrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
See I am not trying to be bad, but the horsepower is extremly high for anything we have seen before, especialy stock bore and stroke gsr. I mean mid 700's is all out race motor on gas, with somebody that has been doing this for years, 800 on methanol. Most high hp street cars are mid 600's, 819 is hard to believe, if it is true it is insane that a t74, would push that much more air than the t70's most people are running, considering that most t70's put out more or the same as t72's.
I have just seen too much over the last 6 years to bite so easy , dont get mad not trying to hate just a dyno is so easy to manipulate, and it seems the dyno's from GZ have read high before, the only real measure is e.t. and mph, good luck at the track.Jason

Modified by littlebluecrx at 8:20 AM 10/12/2003</TD></TR></TABLE>

i thought duke's car was 1.9L? and didn't the SFP civic make 708whp just the other day?
Old 10-12-2003, 07:08 AM
HT's Biggest Loser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Duc's 712whp Dyno Plot... (CivicRyda2k)

If you guys are runing 26's on that car, it better trap 150mph. Again, like jason said, not tryign to hate, but your et's and mph will say it all. Im still not budging
Old 10-12-2003, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Duc's 712whp Dyno Plot... (SIXTYdashONE)

Thats insane. Mad props.
Old 10-12-2003, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Duc's 712whp Dyno Plot... (SIXTYdashONE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIXTYdashONE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you guys are runing 26's on that car, it better trap 150mph. Again, like jason said, not tryign to hate, but your et's and mph will say it all. Im still not budging</TD></TR></TABLE>

712 at the wheels on mustang dyno, i'd hope the car would trap 160+. A bud of mine owns a car that put 770 down on a mustang dyno and @ 3350 pounds he's gone 8.90's @ 154, so I'm gonna say with a 700-800 pound weight advantage he should go over 160.
Old 10-12-2003, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Duc's 712whp Dyno Plot... (CivicRyda2k)

Franks car made 708 on a dynojet, if it was a mustang dyno add 15%, Franks 708 is beliveable, I have seen the car , a lot of cars are approaching mid 600's with bolt on biuild ups, now a days. Agressive head package , cams, and boost could push it to low 700, not 818. Jason
Old 10-12-2003, 09:05 AM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by littlebluecrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Franks car made 708 on a dynojet, if it was a mustang dyno add 15%, Franks 708 is beliveable, I have seen the car , a lot of cars are approaching mid 600's with bolt on biuild ups, now a days. Agressive head package , cams, and boost could push it to low 700, not 818. Jason</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dunno about this! Jason is right, this is JUST TOO HIGH for a daily driven car on GAS not METH! Mustang Dyno is about 15% less than a Dynojet. If it is true then mad props BUT DAYUM! Too far fetched.

edit:another thing is I checked the weather for Oregon and it says it is about 53 degrees on the days this car was dynoed, does the Mustang dyno have a correction factor at all? If so is this corrected?
Old 10-12-2003, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Duc's 712whp Dyno Plot... (Boostfed)

When we dynoed the car the air temp inside the garage was 69. But our intake air charge is always high with ducs car because of all the heat inside his enigne bay. We didnt monitor the air charge that day but on previse dynos his air charge is around 100-115 degrees.

Also i dont think that this car would bust out 160 mph traps. A friend of our has a hot rod class car and makes i belive 747 whp and runs 9.00 @ 160. And thats a race chassis.

Im not saying no more untill we run the car cause i do belive that the et and trap speed will prove everything, but we have shown all that we could to get the non belivers to belive. I will post the et and trap as soon as we run the car.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Duc's 712whp Dyno Plot... (CrazyCompression)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CrazyCompression &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When we dynoed the car the air temp inside the garage was 69. But our intake air charge is always high with ducs car because of all the heat inside his enigne bay. We didnt monitor the air charge that day but on previse dynos his air charge is around 100-115 degrees.

Also i dont think that this car would bust out 160 mph traps. A friend of our has a hot rod class car and makes i belive 747 whp and runs 9.00 @ 160. And thats a race chassis. Good luck at the track, if cars can make 818 to the wheels now, a lot of people are gonna be in trouble. Once you figure out how to get it down should be a sick pass to see. Kepp us posted. Jason

Im not saying no more untill we run the car cause i do belive that the et and trap speed will prove everything, but we have shown all that we could to get the non belivers to belive. I will post the et and trap as soon as we run the car.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-12-2003, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't think it's stock bore. In one of Kataku's videos, it states that it's a 1.98L. Which would be 85mm bore, I think...
Old 10-12-2003, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Duc's 712whp Dyno Plot... (CheezeFrog)

No ducs motor is not stock bore.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:14 AM
HT's Biggest Loser

Default Re: Duc's 712whp Dyno Plot... (CrazyCompression)

If you guys run the car at the same settings as the dyno, the car should trap 150+, otherwise, i have no additional comments.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Duc's 712whp Dyno Plot... (boosted92)

I dynoed my car almost 2 weeks ago at GZ. I have personally seen Duc's car. I was there when they were messing with that damn boost controller. The car is a freaking monster, you would not even think that it could produce soo much power just by looking at it. The setup looks soo simple and straight forward. But hey, combination of good parts and the knowledge of Kenny, Ralph and the rest of GZ crew=power. I can't wait till they get Duc's car on the track, they are raising the bar for daily driven street hondas. This guy rolls this car everywhere he goes and the interior of the car looks basically stock other than the roll cage. His interior is basically still all in there unlike some of the other high hp street honda's I have seen compete in this class. Big props to them. Going back to GZ soon for some more dyno tuning, maybe I'll get a chance to see Duc do a dyno pull.

In all seriousness, if this was some other big name shop producing this amount of power I don't think anyone would question it. GZ has nothing to gain by making videos and posting dyno plots of bs numbers. Like I said, I've seen the car; don't be jealous lol. People come out of no where in this scene, and it just so happens a small shop in Portland is producing some crazy numbers at all levels "street, drag, whatever." You all don't know the history of GZ. There whole crew has been working on honda's for years. Not to forget, Ralph has been tuning high horsepower Supra's, and RX7's for quite some time and has produced a insane amount of hp with those cars. I believe that is why Ralph and the GZ crew teamed up because they knew together they could only go up. They have experimented with so much stuff it's crazy. I don't think Kenny can keep a car or motor longer than 3 months till he moves on to another project lol. They know there stuff, and they don't just talk the talk. Again Big props

Modified by BodyKits NW at 12:46 PM 10/12/2003
Old 10-12-2003, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Duc's 712whp Dyno Plot... (BodyKits NW)

Bodykits NW....

couldnt have said it better myself
Old 10-12-2003, 12:12 PM
New User

Default Re: Duc's 712whp Dyno Plot... (jdmDXrex)

the only 2 things i have to say is:

1. i was told the car made that power at 29 lbs of boost. that is not going to happen on that turbo. no matter what anyone says.

2. the majority of people doubting anything on this thread have TONS and TONS of experience building, tuning, and racing high horsepower hondas both on gas and methanol. the only people eating this **** up are people that have no idea about anything involving more than typical bolt ons and 300 hp turbo kits. there is a reason for that.

frank making 700 on a dynojet is not a fair or accurate comparisson of the claims being made to this car. i am not a hater or full of ****, i just think that there is alot more to this thread than is being shown...........
Old 10-12-2003, 12:14 PM
New User

Default Re: Duc's 712whp Dyno Plot... (BodyKits NW)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BodyKits NW &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">.........In all seriousness, if this was some other big name shop producing this amount of power I don't think anyone would question it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

anyone comes on here and says they made 800 hp on gas with no nitrous on a 2.0 honda block is getting questioned.....no doubt about it.
Old 10-12-2003, 12:28 PM
saso

Default Re: Duc's 712whp Dyno Plot... (jinxproof99)

Just wondering if you guys got the bog out by driving , tunning , gearing etc. I have that same problem with my t-70 but I plan to try a different driving tecnique. I made 596 future plans are add on type r intake cam and possibly try the 4.7 FD.
Old 10-12-2003, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

More like, there is more to this than what is being told. That is what competition is all about. This car exist, and this car makes this amount of power on GAS. How? That is the question, and maybe it's a question you all need to answer for yourself. Like you said you guys are experienced, if your experienced then just do it or keep trying. Period. It's obvious they found the right parts, and have the experience to do it. 1.5 years is a long time working on a car and with a inhouse dyno you can basically try any combination of parts any time. Maybe they know something you don't. That is what makes people set themselves apart from everyone else. That's why they have 712whp car and other people don't. But the funny thing out of all this is the fact that when you look at his car and you think about the power it makes, you still think how. But when the dyno is right behind you, and it print out that dynoplot, you still think how. Why? because it's simply amazing. Like what a lot of people say, keep it simple.

I would love to make that much power, I bet with the help of GZ, they can make my car a all out high horsepower street car. Some of you have seen my setup, it don't just look good. Only thing stopping me is the fact I can't stand the sound of Duc's fuel pump. I just need a bigger turbo and more fuel, but I am not willing to sacrifice that much, I'm a wimp. I got the motor, I got the components, but no fuel. If only someone sold a fuel pump that could not be heard 30ft away lol. You know what else....you can't forget about Brian's car. This will not be the only 600+whp car coming out of there. There is plenty of more to come. That's a understatement.

Oh by the way, I looked for Nitrous, no lines, no bottle, no nitrous.

Modified by BodyKits NW at 1:48 PM 10/12/2003
Old 10-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jinxproof99 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

.........In all seriousness, if this was some other big name shop producing this amount of power I don't think anyone would question it. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Hey, no other big shop has ever claimed such a hp#... it is not like you made 30 more horsepower than the norm, you guys made almost 200 more than the norm.....,eye brows raised accordingly...... posting has positive and negative affects. Let's here some specs on this "jack and the bean stalk" b -series
Jason
Old 10-12-2003, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

760hp to the wheels on a dynojet on c116 with a t72 ballbearing and a .81 or .82 a/r backhousing has happened.

No NOS, no meth, and not even a 2.0 motor. BUT this was at 35psi(Also used the innovative BC that didn't work so well at first either. Boost wasn't accurate with the gauges and datalog till it was fixed). So figure there graph was 712hp on a mustang dyno, at 6psi less. Yes, it is kinda hard to believe but its so close to the numbers I posted, why can't it happen?I wish I could be doubting somebody but I can just give props for making the power however it was made.

That was the dyno I posted from a Pro-Fwd car.

Modified by SOUNDEFFECTS at 4:48 PM 10/12/2003

Quick Reply: Duc's 712whp Dyno Plot...