Notices

DSM 450's into D16Y8 problems.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DSM 450's into D16Y8 problems.

Has anyone installed DSM 450's into a D16Y8? I have a 98 EX and am having trouble. I followed the instructions at thedropshop/home made turbo and am still running into problems. First off, my injector does not seat as far into the manifold as the stock ones, even with my gasket trimmed. And two, even though I trimmed the keyway I cannot get it to plug into the wiring harness. Anyone have any tips/ideas?
Old 09-17-2003, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: DSM 450's into D16Y8 problems. (luti)

if your using your stock black gaskets, it should sit lower. what you want to get is the green ones from a integra and trim those. since the dsm injector sits lower, this will raise it up for best spray into the intake manifold. you said it's sitting higher though with the stock gaskets. do you have pics. something does not sound right.

are you using the injector clips that should have come with your reistor box. you are using a resistor box correct. ???

platinum.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DSM 450's into D16Y8 problems. (platinum00)

I'm not using a resistor box, I was just going to solder in resistors inline. I'll take some pics tomorow in the light, but the best I can explain it is that the stock black rings are to short, and the injector is hitting the intake manifold.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you got blue top , or black top injectors.

if you get the green gaskets, it wont hit the intake manifold. makes them sit a little higher.

Old 09-17-2003, 06:59 PM

yeah ge tthe green ones and u should be good..... as far as the clips.. if u got an obd2 car/wireing harness... the injectors wont fit into the stock plugs even if u cut that little key out.... trust me i have tried in my obd2 integra...although im not sure if the problem is similar with ur civic...

i would jsut get 3 of the following if u did not already get clips with yer injectors...
DSM injector clips
obd1 honda injector clips (example: 92-95 civic clips work for sure)
or GM injector clips i have heard work as well..
Old 09-17-2003, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by platinum00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you got blue top , or black top injectors.

if you get the green gaskets, it wont hit the intake manifold. makes them sit a little higher.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I got blue tops as of 2 hours ago, and black tops to go with as of 10 minutes ago. I'll be selling the blues if anyone needs a set.
Old 09-17-2003, 07:39 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by luti &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I got blue tops as of 2 hours ago, and black tops to go with as of 10 minutes ago. I'll be selling the blues if anyone needs a set.</TD></TR></TABLE>

how much do you want for the blues?
Old 09-17-2003, 07:44 PM

ok i don't know why but mine fitted without any new o-rings.. the blacks when fitting on the DSM vs my stockers = same height from BOTTOM of the seal to the tip of the penile cap...

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE for my 2000 d16y8 was that the injectors don't seat all the way into the FUEL RAIL... there was a gap between the rail and the cushion ring...

so what i did was grab the STOCK CUSHION RINGS and put them on the dsm (note, the STOCK civic C U S H I O N rings are taller than the dsm, thus making the injectors sit flush on the fuel RAIL)

see where i'm getting at??? i was so stupid and lazy, i should have taken pics and showed all of you that the d16y8's don't need much mod other than dremelling the o rings bigger... that's it though..
Old 09-17-2003, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DSM 450's into D16Y8 problems. (reignofchaos)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by reignofchaos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok i don't know why but mine fitted without any new o-rings.. the blacks when fitting on the DSM vs my stockers = same height from BOTTOM of the seal to the tip of the penile cap...

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE for my 2000 d16y8 was that the injectors don't seat all the way into the FUEL RAIL... there was a gap between the rail and the cushion ring...

so what i did was grab the STOCK CUSHION RINGS and put them on the dsm (note, the STOCK civic C U S H I O N rings are taller than the dsm, thus making the injectors sit flush on the fuel RAIL)

see where i'm getting at??? i was so stupid and lazy, i should have taken pics and showed all of you that the d16y8's don't need much mod other than dremelling the o rings bigger... that's it though..</TD></TR></TABLE>

How is that possible, I'm currently looking at blue tops and black tops and they both require the same plugs, different plugs than my OBD2 D16Y8 with stock harness and stock injectors. The seals I have figured out, the bottom of my stock seals needed a dremel and the tops are a direct swap though. I'll put some pics up tomorow.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:04 PM

oh yeah, clips are another thing

i got some off 89 teg, fits right on my black tops... no cutting any tab....

i don't understand why there is so much CUTTING involved... the obd0 clips just fit right in
Old 09-18-2003, 04:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DSM 450's into D16Y8 problems. (reignofchaos)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by reignofchaos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh yeah, clips are another thing

i got some off 89 teg, fits right on my black tops... no cutting any tab....

i don't understand why there is so much CUTTING involved... the obd0 clips just fit right in</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not all of us have OBD0 clips on hand
Old 09-18-2003, 04:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

first off you used the dropshop site for real info. they couldn't build a turbo car if there life depended on it. that ZC/CRX is slower than a stock Si crx. that shop is a joke.

you need to change the plugs to obd1 and use a resistor box.
where the injector goes into the intake. you need to use the rubber rings from a 92-95 civ,teg,accord, ect. its thinner and uses a hard ring under it to achieve the correct height.
Old 09-18-2003, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DSM 450's into D16Y8 problems. (trickeng)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trickeng &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you need to change the plugs to obd1 and use a resistor box.
where the injector goes into the intake. you need to use the rubber rings from a 92-95 civ,teg,accord, ect. its thinner and uses a hard ring under it to achieve the correct height.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you for definitive info, I will get the rings from a honda dealer today, but instead of obd1 plugs and a resistor box I am getting the plugs from the DSM these injectors came off of (the friend is parting out the entire car) and I already own the resistors to solder inline.