Notices

Drag or F-Max

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag or F-Max

In your opinions/experience: Which turbo kit should be more reliable on an F23 Accord (6th gen.), a DRAG or F-Max? Anyone have a turbocharged 6th gen Accord? What kit are you running? Setup? Etc.... Thanks

EDIT: Does Drag even make a kit that can fit on an F23A motor?
Old 06-10-2003, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Drag or F-Max (Sleeping4drLS)

DRAG 4 on an Accord... this is ash.zero's car... beautiful imo. The Drag 4 kit should be more reliable for the following reasons.

1. Exhaust manifold is cast iron (lifetime warranty btw)
2. Air filter pipe and intercooler end tanks are polished cast aluminum
3. Charge pipes are chrome- plated mandrel bent (not cut and welded together)
4. Downpipe is one piece mandrel bent
5. Fmu and pump fuel setup gives equal fuel enrichment to all cylinders vs. additional injectors

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=500962

There is a turbocharged Accord thread in the Accord forum... check it out, lots of good info.

Old 06-10-2003, 01:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Drag or F-Max (turbopimp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbopimp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DRAG 4 on an Accord... this is ash.zero's car... beautiful imo. The Drag 4 kit should be more reliable for the following reasons.

5. Fmu and pump fuel setup gives equal fuel enrichment to all cylinders vs. additional injectors

There is a turbocharged Accord thread in the Accord forum... check it out, lots of good info.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmmm...for the Accord, I'd recommend FMAX..
1. Manifold is high carbon steel with slotted flanges to resist cracking.
2.Mandrel bend IC and intake pipes with rolled end to reduce the chances of the couplers blowing off.
3. down pipe includes flange
4. TIAL 35mm wg is standard
5. less hacking and breaking of syock parts to attain proper fitment.

Downside
1. fuel solution sucks...I recommend skipping the extra injector setup and go stand alone with larger injectors.
2.Price...a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for...but having said that, if you shop around, you can get one (new) for less than what DRAG costs.
3. customer service SUCKS!
Old 06-12-2003, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Drag or F-Max (MiraiZ)

bump
I want to get more opinions.
Old 06-12-2003, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I own a F-max and if i had to do it again i would go drag .

Customer service does suck.......... I have unfortunatly had the worst side i think.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Drag or F-Max (turbopimp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbopimp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DRAG 4 on an Accord... this is ash.zero's car... beautiful imo. The Drag 4 kit should be more reliable for the following reasons.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

my drag downpipe is rusting to HELL same with my dump tube.. and one of my chrome pipes is rusting also... and they should have bead rolled the pipes...
Old 06-12-2003, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

FYI. I work at a shop and we mainly do custom kits for less than the drag or fmax kit. and one thing holds true everyone who buys a ket and has us installs it usually comes back and trades it out for a custom kit. the fmax kits does suck as far as the additional fuel setup with the secondary injectors but the drag kit is nice setup. fmax was bought by turbonetics so in all the confusion the customer service is damn near nonexistant. as far as cost a custom kit will always be better cause you can deal with any individual problems quite easily. definitely go with a drag kit its the lesser of the two evils.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Drag or F-Max (import palace)

yeah...I agree... if i had to do it over again.. i would have put together a kit....<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by import palace &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">FYI. I work at a shop and we mainly do custom kits for less than the drag or fmax kit. and one thing holds true everyone who buys a ket and has us installs it usually comes back and trades it out for a custom kit. the fmax kits does suck as far as the additional fuel setup with the secondary injectors but the drag kit is nice setup. fmax was bought by turbonetics so in all the confusion the customer service is damn near nonexistant. as far as cost a custom kit will always be better cause you can deal with any individual problems quite easily. definitely go with a drag kit its the lesser of the two evils.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-12-2003, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't understand why people automatically think "FMAX comes with extra injectors, so it sucks"...yeah i agree that the extra injector setup sucks ...BUT the DO offer an option to get the git without the injectors....without the injectors and with a standalone... FMAX rocks....I am pretty happy with my numbers, but the same time, it bothers be that I could be doing better with the same kit
Old 06-13-2003, 12:23 AM

Default Re: (MiraiZ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MiraiZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't understand why people automatically think "FMAX comes with extra injectors, so it sucks"...yeah i agree that the extra injector setup sucks ...BUT the DO offer an option to get the git without the injectors....without the injectors and with a standalone... FMAX rocks....I am pretty happy with my numbers, but the same time, it bothers be that I could be doing better with the same kit</TD></TR></TABLE>
You do have a great setup
What does FMAX offer instead of the Lucas injectors/ERL MF2?