Notices

Does anyone use thier tilton twin disk for daily driving? 1st day of driving w/ it feed back.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone use thier tilton twin disk for daily driving? 1st day of driving w/ it feed back.

Does anyone use their Tilton Clutch for daily driving. Would it hurt anything driving it everyday?

I just got my tilton twin disk in and I love it very much. Got the OT-II kit with machined oem flywheel from Stan (Flamenco-T) at FASTTURBO.COM. I have to comment that Stan is an outstanding guy and has very excellent customer service, he went out of his way for me to get this clutch to me asap. to STAN.

The install was really easy just like any another clutch exept for cutting the plastic lip on the throw out bearing and flipping the bolts on the pressure plate around. Other than that it was not that difficult at all. I thought it was going to be really complicated. Thanks to Stan he did a thorough explaination on what to do.

Coming from a Clutch Masters Stage 5 I was use to the harsh grabbing of a race clutch. Although my clutch pedal for the tilton clutch was stiffer to push in, I manage to drive the car like normal. At the end of the night I was use to driving it already, didn't even feel bother me at all anymore. This clutch is awesome, and is way more sufficient for my power. The clutch masters slipped really bad between shifts. Over all I am really happy with my purchase and this clutch was really worth the money.
TILTON
STAN @ FAST TURBO

Old 10-10-2004, 02:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone use thier tilton twin disk for daily driving? 1st day of driving w/ it feed back. (S

good job on the stock flywheel, i got the regular tilton one and it requires a lot of work to drive on the street.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Does anyone use thier tilton twin disk for daily driving? 1st day of driving w/ it feed back. (S

That is good to hear.....I'm waiting for my twin disk clutch to arrive from Stan.
Did you use the Tilton hydro throw out bearing with your install or did you use the oem TOB?
Old 10-10-2004, 05:54 AM

Stan http://www.fasturbo.com
Old 10-10-2004, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

whats the retail on one of those??

1300??
Old 10-10-2004, 06:45 AM
New User

These are awesome clutches and Stan has awesome customer service! It is great that he explains the install process to you!!!!!! Tilton Stan@Fast-turbo.com

Edit:Also I think Stan is the only ditributor that offers the OEM machined flywheel also, Stan has some dealers too!
Old 10-10-2004, 07:30 AM

I used the stock throw out bearing. I don't think I'm going to get the tilton conversion because im ok with driving my car like that..
Old 10-10-2004, 08:33 AM

Nice!!! Does anyone have opinions about other twin-disc clutches? CM or Exedy?
Old 10-10-2004, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (USDM 4G VTEC)

i love my tilton, its a mean bitch
Old 10-10-2004, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Jordo)

you guys already used to the chatter also ?
Old 10-10-2004, 11:05 PM

Default Re: (chameleon)

the clutch barely chatters
Old 10-11-2004, 02:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SupraDai)

mine doesn't chatter at all. it just makes a clink sound, which is normal with the clutch depressed.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:11 AM

back from the dead...
How long does these clutch usually last for daily driving? I read in a few post that it last people about 10k and thats it. Havent seen anyone using it longer then that. I've been using the ACT Xtreme 4 puck and it lasted me 2 years with prob 30k and still going but its wearing down pretty bad.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:50 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tRaCeBuStAbUsTeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">back from the dead...
How long does these clutch usually last for daily driving? I read in a few post that it last people about 10k and thats it. Havent seen anyone using it longer then that. I've been using the ACT Xtreme 4 puck and it lasted me 2 years with prob 30k and still going but its wearing down pretty bad.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ive heard the same, i remember a few months ago some guy was on here bitching about how he spent 1300$ on a clutch and it lasted 3 months, then earl told him its race only what do you expect..

i wouldnt run that clutch in a daily car.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i think it was jordo that had that problem . im planning on buying one pretty soon , i hope it can last longer then that .
Old 04-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

had mines for 6 months now still no problem
Old 04-24-2005, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have the exedy twin and i love driving it everyday. 7lbs flywheel baby hehe. i had mine for 4 months the disc are staring to show a bit of wear. but i know the replacements for the exedy are only $175 fro both. does anyone have the tilton carbon twin? i was thinking about upgrading to that
Old 04-24-2005, 10:29 AM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Does anyone use thier tilton twin disk for daily driving? 1st day of driving w/ it feed back.

Jordo's great experience. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1116313

Tilton = race only.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Does anyone use thier tilton twin disk for daily driving? 1st day of driving w/ it feed back. (M

you guys care to share how you guys got the tilton clutch to work with stock throwout bearing?
Old 07-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Does anyone use thier tilton twin disk for daily driving? 1st day of driving w/ it feed back. (M

ill be using the os giken on my build
Old 07-13-2005, 09:46 PM

had my clutchmasters about a year with kevlar discs and it is holding up just fine. Just some slight chatter when peddle is pressed. Pressure plate a lil lighter than act extreme which makes it more gentle on the tranny.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TURBO4drTypeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Nice!!! Does anyone have opinions about other twin-disc clutches? CM or Exedy? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm running the clutch masters fx600 (twin disk). I have to say I'm not very happy with it. It makes some stupid clanking sound everytime the clutch is pressed in. When I release it, it's fine.

From what people are saying it sounds like that is normal for a twin disk.... . I don't think a $1,xxx clutch should make that noise in my opinion.

I almost feel like going back to a single disk setup.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:33 PM

franky, at least ur $1000+ clutch works. I cant even get mines to work yet. And i had to dyno with the old clutch that cost $400 and it still held up after 2 years daily driving and beating the crap out of it.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tRaCeBuStAbUsTeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you guys care to share how you guys got the tilton clutch to work with stock throwout bearing?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You have to machine down the stock throwout bearing...you can take it to a machine shop they can do the work - cost about $30. The tilton comes with a "howto" on how to make the modifications. However tilton highly recommends their throwout bearing kit - which makes the clutch much easier to use.

liam
Old 07-14-2005, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you dont need to take it to a machine shop.....

all you need to do it cut the plastic out of the center of the throwout, untill its further down than the "face" of the throwout, what this does, is allows the throwout to sit on the fingers of the pressure plate. (instead of the plastic sitting on the fingers)

i cut the plastic on mine with an angle grinder, but a dremel, or a die grinder should work too.

Quick Reply: Does anyone use thier tilton twin disk for daily driving? 1st day of driving w/ it feed back.