Notices

did an obd0 to obd1 conversion...now my injectors wont pulse

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default did an obd0 to obd1 conversion...now my injectors wont pulse

to make the long story short my car wont start. we have spark and fuel. however, we have fuel before the injectors. we took off the fuel feed line to the rail to check for flow and its there so then we pulled the rail to see if the injectors worked and they didnt. so what is wrong?

once again we did an obd0 to obd1 conversion and everything seems to work. we dont have any codes but and ELD which we had before the conversion when it ran. we just need to get the injectors to work because we have fuel in th rail.
The following users liked this post:
Old 07-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Default Re: did an obd0 to obd1 conversion...now my injectors wont pulse (the.hamburglar)

running obd1 injectors?
is the resistor box there? is it jumped out if you are running saturated injectors?
Old 07-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: did an obd0 to obd1 conversion...now my injectors wont pulse (the.hamburglar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by the.hamburglar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">to make the long story short my car wont start. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Your story is too short to really help you. lol

which harness did you use? is the (ef?) originally an Si?, Injectors OBDI? you realize you're not supposed to use a resistor box, right?
The following users liked this post:
Old 07-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OBD1/2 injectors = no resistor box and solder the 5 wires together at the plug on the EF chassis.

Pre-OBd (OBD0) injectors = need resistor box
Old 07-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what distributor do you have? on OBDI there are a few extras in the dist... could this be your prob?
Old 07-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JaredKaragen)

Any codes ? Make sure all the wiring is fine, and hopefully you have a good conversion harness.

We just had to deal with a customer running a no name cheap conversion harness of off ebay, was throwing codes left and right. Put a rywire in there, solved all the issues.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: did an obd0 to obd1 conversion...now my injectors wont pulse (Blown90hatcH)

I'm running obd1 injectors with the resistor box. It runs but a code for load detected and inj code. Do I just solder the 5 wired together and it will work with my obd1 injectors and no resistor box? I've got everyhing else converted to obd1 from the obd0 it was originally. Thx for any help
Old 09-12-2008, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: did an obd0 to obd1 conversion...now my injectors wont pulse (dkboyny11)

Yes, you solder together all 5 wires going to the resistor box.

The cleanest way to do it is the use the plug from an OBD1 Civic/Integra.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: did an obd0 to obd1 conversion...now my injectors wont pulse (dkboyny11)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dkboyny11 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm running obd1 injectors with the resistor box. It runs but a code for load detected and inj code. Do I just solder the 5 wired together and it will work with my obd1 injectors and no resistor box? I've got everyhing else converted to obd1 from the obd0 it was originally. Thx for any help</TD></TR></TABLE>

Like this.

Peel back the wire loom, cut the yellow black wire so that you can strip a good deal of it back. Then wire up all 4 red wires to it and solder it up. In the end, should come out looking like this.

Just did this 2 days ago.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: did an obd0 to obd1 conversion...now my injectors wont pulse (SovXietday)

I can confirm that an ebay seller selling conversion harnesses sent out several HORRIBLY wired jumper harnesses. I did a recent dpfi-mpfi conversion, then used one of the jumpers. When incorporating my dpfi-mpfi wiring, I immediately recognized several mistakes in the harness (used to make these harnesses MANY years ago before they were widely available, and I know alot of the wiring off the top of my head still).

So, this could certainly be your issue. I didn't go through all the inconsistencies, i can just verify resistor power is in the wrong location, along with 3 injectors. At that point I tossed it aside and ordered new ones from a Honda-Tech sponsor.

I can't imagine how it's possible these jumpers were made SO HORRIBLY, but nevertheless that's the fact.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: did an obd0 to obd1 conversion...now my injectors wont pulse (RC000E)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC000E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can confirm that an ebay seller selling conversion harnesses sent out several HORRIBLY wired jumper harnesses. I did a recent dpfi-mpfi conversion, then used one of the jumpers. When incorporating my dpfi-mpfi wiring, I immediately recognized several mistakes in the harness (used to make these harnesses MANY years ago before they were widely available, and I know alot of the wiring off the top of my head still).

So, this could certainly be your issue. I didn't go through all the inconsistencies, i can just verify resistor power is in the wrong location, along with 3 injectors. At that point I tossed it aside and ordered new ones from a Honda-Tech sponsor.

I can't imagine how it's possible these jumpers were made SO HORRIBLY, but nevertheless that's the fact.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Made in Mexico. The good old Honduh way of buying thing because they are a few bucks cheaper on egay and end up spending countless hours fixing things later.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wasted over 2 hours on a swap chasing bent pins inside of a jumper harness a few months ago.

Nothing worse than doing a swap for someone who is penny pinching.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2point2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2point2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wasted over 2 hours on a swap chasing bent pins inside of a jumper harness a few months ago.

Nothing worse than doing a swap for someone who is penny pinching. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, I've been doing this a long time, and I learned quite some time ago that arguing about it with these people leads to nowhere.

I've had guys in a mad rush to get they're car done by cutting corners and buying junk, only to get the car done in twice the time. I've been paid to tune cars three times over as a result of wanting to save 200.00 by buying cheap stuff, so in the end it cost them 4 times as much.

This younger gen of Honda builder is driven by availability and by "kits". They see a diy on the internet, and they start spending money. It's the way it is, and I simply don't fight it. I get paid either way, so I don't lose sleep over it. I advised them to buy Xenocron's at the time and they saw over 100 bucks and almost passed out. Now they spent 65.00 on a junk one, and 75 shipped on the replacement. Lost a week in the process, and spent 40 extra bucks just in parts, not including my time I added.

Hey it pays my bills though, and eventually some of them learn. Those that don't move on to 240's, or DSM's, or something else thinking that a new car changes the core issue, which is their desire to buy cheap junk. I could go on and on, but I've probably lost a year off my life preachin this crap to people.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: did an obd0 to obd1 conversion...now my injectors wont pulse (SovXietday)

Thanks for the help, and a great DIY diagram...
I'll let u know how it works
Old 09-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RC000E)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC000E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
This younger gen of Honda builder is driven by availability and by "kits". They see a diy on the internet, and they start spending money. It's the way it is, and I simply don't fight it. I get paid either way, so I don't lose sleep over it. I advised them to buy Xenocron's at the time and they saw over 100 bucks and almost passed out. Now they spent 65.00 on a junk one, and 75 shipped on the replacement. Lost a week in the process, and spent 40 extra bucks just in parts, not including my time I added.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey now, don't lump all us youngins in there.