Notices

dart or golden eage...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dart or golden eage...

Dart Block or Golden Eagle sleeved block? im going for a good strong build but at the same time dont want to spend 2k on the dart block if the golden eagle block is gonna be almost as good. does anybody know hp numbers on both? like the hp limitations. i kno dart is the best money can buy but i have heard golden eagle is very good and have read good things. i found a golden eagle sleeved block for only 900 compared to the 2000 of the dart. im looking for anything that people have to say. i will prolly go with the dart block unless the golden eagle is gonna be almost just as good.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dart block hands down.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dart or golden eage... (foxkevin89)

What are your goals.Most people are using sleeved oem blocks.I have yet to see a real need for a Dart block.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dart = baller waster of money

oem = always work
Old 10-26-2008, 08:54 PM

Default Re: (tony413)

id sleeve the stocker if you have one, I like benson, seen alot of there work and i give it
Old 10-27-2008, 02:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the golden eagle is a new already sleeved block. so basically i should just go with that? what is the max hp that block can hold? does anyone know?
Old 10-27-2008, 02:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i was thinkin of gettin the already sleeved golden eagle block, it is $1100 cheaper than the dart block. do you kno what the max hp of golden eagle sleeves is?
Old 10-27-2008, 03:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (foxkevin89)

Do you have a turbo rice burner yet?? What are your goals?? People have made 800+ whp on oem blocks that were sleeved, but there is a LOT more to it than just having a sleeved block. Help us help you...... -_-
Old 10-27-2008, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (KeyserSoze)

Just go with Golden Eagle. I'm sure they will hold more power than what your goals are. Many people use them. Do some research.

You may not even have to sleeve. If you are only looking for like 400-450 (maybe more depending on your tuner), stock sleeves should be good with a piston and rod combo. As every knowledable preson will tell you, it's all in the tune. Good luck.

Modified by JAYSEM Society at 10:58 AM 10/27/2008
Old 10-27-2008, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JAYSEM Society)

When I first got into the game I went with a Dart block when they first came out. Looking back on it now I think that it was a major waste of money. I am not sure if it was just the time when I bought it or what but I thought that the block should have been made better.

The problems that I had was, none of the oil plugs nor the water plugs were tightened which I found out after I put the engine together and installed it in the car (should have checked but I thought that it would have been sealed from them).

Long story short if I had to do it all over again I would go with an OEM block that was sleeved. JMO
Old 10-27-2008, 09:59 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by foxkevin89 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was thinkin of gettin the already sleeved golden eagle block, it is $1100 cheaper than the dart block. do you kno what the max hp of golden eagle sleeves is?</TD></TR></TABLE> as much power as you can make our sleeves will hold we have already seen over 1500 hp on our sleeves in a b sires block so you will be fine
Old 10-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

both will probably handle your power desires, but here is the one final straw.

When your motor ***** the bed and your out of rebuilds because you can't bore it anymore, you can send your dart bock back to dart and have them toss in some fresh sleeves for about 300 bux! All ready to go fresh again!

Oh yea & closed deck is freakin awsome! I love mine.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:15 PM

Default Re: (Running925)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Running925 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">both will probably handle your power desires, but here is the one final straw.

When your motor ***** the bed and your out of rebuilds because you can't bore it anymore, you can send your dart bock back to dart and have them toss in some fresh sleeves for about 300 bux! All ready to go fresh again!

Oh yea & closed deck is freakin awsome! I love mine.</TD></TR></TABLE>dont know why thats the final straw we can resleeve a sleeved block here as well along with most sleeving shops and we also offer a much lower price for that as well
Old 10-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Running925 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">both will probably handle your power desires, but here is the one final straw.

Oh yea & closed deck is freakin awsome! I love mine.</TD></TR></TABLE>dart blocks are a joke were not legal with nhra rules and are not street legal in most states why spend 2k to buy a block when you can have one sleeved much cheaper and most sleeves are braced sleeves now days and can handle as much boost as you can throw at them so why would you want to buy a dart block? what is the advantage for the 2k to get one?
Old 10-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Golden Eagle)

i am prolly more than likely gonna get the golden eagle block when it comes time to build my motor. i have a question though, well 2. first what internals would you recomend to hold 500-600whp. i already have my turbo picked out. on the right tune i know i can push over this. i am more than likeling gonna be puttin a garrett gt35r up there to make some high numbers. i was thinking CP pistons, either eagle or soemthing just as good. i have the list i made up in my car of the parts i have been researching. i am gonna have about 10k to spend. i know i need low compression, i was thinking 8:1 more than likely to be able to boost alot. what kinda build would you do for 10k?
Old 10-27-2008, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (allmotorB18eg)

this is deff a stupid *** question and i kno the answer is no but i just wanna see what people have to say bout it. i am prollly gonna get the golden eagle block with their sleeves already in it, would a block guard be a good idea ontop of their sleeves or is that just a waste of money that i am thinkin it would be.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by foxkevin89 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is deff a stupid *** question and i kno the answer is no but i just wanna see what people have to say bout it. i am prollly gonna get the golden eagle block with their sleeves already in it, would a block guard be a good idea ontop of their sleeves or is that just a waste of money that i am thinkin it would be. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No block guard. Just ship Golden Eagle your block and let them take care of the rest. They also have a thread where they are selling blocks that are already sleeved (LS Blocks) for like 950 or something. PM Robert
Old 10-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Running925 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Oh yea & closed deck is freakin awsome! I love mine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

benson and earl have already concluded that a close deck verus open deck really doesnt matter to much. benson uses a open deck because it allows the top of the sleeves to cool better, this is important because most of the heat for detonation occurs at the top edges of the sleeve. with a closed deck you dont get that same cooling effect because of the holes that the coolant travel through. at what point this becomes priority idk but im all for open deck
Old 10-27-2008, 05:35 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony413 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

benson and earl have already concluded that a close deck verus open deck really doesnt matter to much. benson uses a open deck because it allows the top of the sleeves to cool better, this is important because most of the heat for detonation occurs at the top edges of the sleeve. with a closed deck you dont get that same cooling effect because of the holes that the coolant travel through. at what point this becomes priority idk but im all for open deck </TD></TR></TABLE>

I was gonna ask for the meaning about this and for some sample pictures as I got darton sleeves installed for mine. But had a theory that anything that allows the coolant to fly beyond the stop of the sleeve/combustion chamber then that would be an open deck. Am I right in saying this?

Darton open deck sleeved block

Darton closed deck darton sleeved block
Old 10-27-2008, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: dart or golden eage... (foxkevin89)

GOLDEN EAGLE FTW!!! but depends on who you talk to i think golden eagle are the bang for the buks! great customer service also.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yakuza)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yakuza &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Darton open deck sleeved block

</TD></TR></TABLE>

having a blockguard and a closed desk are two different things. a blockguard is also useless it doesnt prevent anything
Old 10-27-2008, 07:18 PM

I wasn't talking about block gaurds at all. Pictures featured are for illustration purpose only and are of darton sleeves to the best of my knowledge. I thought by know I know the differences between a block gaurd and sleeves or at least I thought so
Old 10-27-2008, 09:19 PM

NICE SLEEVES!!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rota92)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rota92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Open deck is proven to vibrate more than a closed deck block, it's not only common sense but also science.

GE is the best sleeve on the market hands down, it will be making that HP number Rob mentioned above in a B-series again very soon </TD></TR></TABLE>

well you go prove benson wrong and i will gladly jump on your bandwagon and praise you to high heaven. until then i dont believe you. sure it may seem like common sense but if thats the case everyone and there motor would run a CTR crank pulley instead of a ATI or Fluidapmr but we all know thats not the case
Old 10-27-2008, 11:13 PM

What do you think I have been saying in the past 2 posts!!! My sleeved block with darton sleeves. What I'm saying (yellow circled area) this is supposed to be an open deck sleeves from what I understood as the coolant can pass through these holes. There's no block gaurd or anything, the frame that containes the holes is part of the actual sleeves them selves.

Quick Reply: dart or golden eage...