Notices

Dallas/FTW area...Lending a helping hand to an Oklahoman.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dallas/FTW area...Lending a helping hand to an Oklahoman.

Well..I don't know how to ask this any better, but I need help on my turbo install planned for July. Installing the turbo kit is a piece of cake, its the installation of my intank fuel pump, RC 750cc injectors, oil lines, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Turbo timer and Greddy guages (boost, oil pressure, water temp, & egt guages) that I need help on.

Since I live in Oklahoma, I really don't want to drive 3 hours to VSV motorsports in Carrolton with my turbo kit on untuned. Originally, I was going to be doing it in B18bek's(Conor) garage, but he will be busy with summer school. So I have an outrageous favor to ask from anybody who is very knowledgeable and willing to help with my turbo install. I anticipate on being in Dallas July 22nd and have a 3-4 day install(im sure it won't take that long), and was needing a garage to do it in. Yes, I know this is a very outrageous request, but this is my plea to Honda-tech members.

Thanks,
Khoi

Modified by Sohc Driver at 8:22 PM 6/9/2004
Old 06-05-2004, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dallas/FTW area...Lending a helping hand to an Oklahoman. (Sohc Driver)

Talk to this man. ci9v7ic . He might be able to help you out.
Old 06-05-2004, 06:30 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Dallas/FTW area...Lending a helping hand to an Oklahoman. (Sohc Driver)

Half the items on your list are very easy and could probably find "How-to's" if you looked in the right places:

Team-Integra.net
C-speedracing.com
Overboost.com
G2ic.com
and of course Honda-Tech.com have many how to's on common items like injectors, fuel pumps, gauges etc.

Also a Helms or shop manual would take you the distance when it comes to replacing parts such as injectors and fuel pumps. Thats something you should really have anyways.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dallas/FTW area...Lending a helping hand to an Oklahoman. (Muckman)

bumppity bump
Old 06-08-2004, 04:54 PM

khoi,

its pretty simple stuff......why are you driving to dallas to do it? you can bolt a turbo kit on in 3-4 hours and be ready to tune if you have all the stuff ready to go.

there are a lot of how to's on everything you need to know.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you should call chuck at alternative motorsports in ok he will install for you and tune also.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dallas/FTW area...Lending a helping hand to an Oklahoman. (turbo96wr)

installing the turbo kit is not the problem...its wanting to get tuned at VSV motorsports while not having to drive 3hours untuned. Also Alternative is not an authorized hondata tuner, even if they were, I still wouldn't take it to them unless he was proven and tested to be a great tuner.

Khoi

P.S..I already have everything planned..although Conor has summer school..he is still willing to lend a little help.

Old 06-09-2004, 03:39 PM

if I move back by then (praying to God) I've got a bunch of tools and could probably lend a hand.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sohc Driver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
P.S..I already have everything planned..although Conor has summer school..he is still willing to lend a little help.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'll prolly lend a hand too.

Brandon
Old 06-09-2004, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tony1 will be at chucks shop on saturday doing tuning for some racers that will be racing on sunday see if you could get your car tuned........
Old 06-09-2004, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Dallas/FTW area...Lending a helping hand to an Oklahoman. (turbo96wr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbo96wr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">tony1 will be at chucks shop on saturday doing tuning for some racers that will be racing on sunday see if you could get your car tuned........</TD></TR></TABLE>
i didn't hear tony1 mentioned in the entire thread ... unless he quit norwood and is now working at VSV .. but i don't think that happen'd
Old 06-09-2004, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dallas/FTW area...Lending a helping hand to an Oklahoman. (B18bEK)

**Update**

I have moved the date back to July 22nd...and Conor although will have a very busy schedule is willing to lend a helping hand. Also kKdARIAN--&gt;Kenny is also willing to lend a helping hand...So I pretty much have my problem solved, I really do appreciate everybody's concerns and willingness to help a fellow honda-tech brother out. Thanks to everybody!!

Khoi
Old 06-10-2004, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

read he will be in oklahoma doing some tuning and the gentleman requesting tuning is from okl............. tony1 works for norwood.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbo96wr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">read he will be in oklahoma doing some tuning and the gentleman requesting tuning is from okl............. tony1 works for norwood.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah..I recently heard that Tony1 is coming to Oklahoma to tune Chuck's car at Alternative Motorsports...regardless..my car won't be ready until July 22nd.

Khoi
Old 06-10-2004, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well Khoi, you know Conor and I are always down to mess up somebody else's car, uhhh, I mean help work on somebody else's car Just give Conor a call when you're ready and both of us will come help
Old 06-10-2004, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dallas/FTW area...Lending a helping hand to an Oklahoman. (JDMH22HATCH)

much appreciated!! I love Honda-tech!...well..actually..i love the people in the tech and classifieds forums..the guys in the general forums are a bunch of flamers..but thats a whole different story .

Khoi
Old 06-11-2004, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Right, cause it wouldn't be fast if i tuned it...
Old 06-22-2004, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dallas/FTW area...Lending a helping hand to an Oklahoman. (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Right, cause it wouldn't be fast if i tuned it... </TD></TR></TABLE>

hmmm