Notices

D series Turbo Ninjas Need Help What size piston/ stock sleeves.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D series Turbo Ninjas Need Help What size piston/ stock sleeves.

Just trying to a definite answer to this question, when building your stock sleeves sohc did you have to use a larger piston to maintain good piston to bore sealing...

Do you think the stock sleeves would be weakened much by going up to 75.5mm I am after 300whp with stock sleeves, but would like to get the 75.5mm piston just so I can rehone my block and know it still will seal properly.

Appreciate any feed back.
Old 02-21-2004, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: D series Turbo Ninjas Need Help What size piston/ stock sleeves. (turbozxi)

I had to bore my block .020 over since it was a little worn. It's best to do a bore and hone on a stock block that has seen quite a few miles. And when you think about it .020 isn't much.. that's about a quarter of a mm on each side of the wall..
Old 02-21-2004, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I went with a .010 (SRP 9.0) on a block with 50,000km on it. Stock sleeves, and aiming for 300whp as well. Either .010 or .020 is fine for those goals on stock sleeves.
Old 02-21-2004, 01:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: D series Turbo Ninjas Need Help What size piston/ stock sleeves. (5thgencivic)

I did cp 75.5s on mine because everyone on here told me I was asking for trouble if I went stock bore and several people said they had a bad stock bore experience. I could not justify paying 900 for sleeves and I plan on pushing mine pretty hard, at least 300+whp. I cant really recal seeing anyone who really pushed the limits of stock d's so I guess we will just have to try and see. I am not really worried about cracking a sleeve since I have spare blocks and will only be out the machine work, unless it ***** sumthin else up.
Old 02-21-2004, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: D series Turbo Ninjas Need Help What size piston/ stock sleeves. (omahaturbocivic)

So thats 3 yes's for .5mm over I think thats .020 in imperial speak CHeers for the input
Old 02-21-2004, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: D series Turbo Ninjas Need Help What size piston/ stock sleeves. (turbozxi)

My last setup was 75.5mm (.020) on stock sleeves at almost 300whp. My Benson block I'm building right now is stock bore (75mm). I chose to go 75mm for insurance.... if something happens, I can still bore and buy a shelf piston.
Old 02-21-2004, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: D series Turbo Ninjas Need Help What size piston/ stock sleeves. (GITWIDIT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GITWIDIT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My last setup was 75.5mm (.020) on stock sleeves at almost 300whp. My Benson block I'm building right now is stock bore (75mm). I chose to go 75mm for insurance.... if something happens, I can still bore and buy a shelf piston.</TD></TR></TABLE> What happened to your old setup&gt;? Didn't blow a sleeve I hope.
Old 02-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbozxi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> What happened to your old setup&gt;? Didn't blow a sleeve I hope.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, I tried to though....... that was the only way I could justify building a new bottom end. Messin with a bunch of nitrous, more than it was originally tuned for. Ended up detonating so hard that it jumped time and shut itself down.

Are your cylinder walls scarred or something? If they're clean I'd just hone and stay 75mm.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: D series Turbo Ninjas Need Help What size piston/ stock sleeves. (GITWIDIT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GITWIDIT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, I tried to though....... that was the only way I could justify building a new bottom end. Messin with a bunch of nitrous, more than it was originally tuned for. Ended up detonating so hard that it jumped time and shut itself down.

Are your cylinder walls scarred or something? If they're clean I'd just hone and stay 75mm. </TD></TR></TABLE>No I live in New Zealand so will be shipping the pistons over from the US at the moment our dollar is very strong against the US so its a great time to buy I haven't got a block at the moment I just want to be sure incase its needs a rehone.... Perhaps it would smarter to just get another engine and get a engineer to see what the story is beforehand?