Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D series torque?

oops

Modified by same ol Steve at 7:28 PM 10/11/2008
Old 10-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: D series torque? (same ol Steve)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by same ol Steve &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I already have a turbo d16a6 making 205 whp and 190 lbft of torque currently using a gt2860r @12psi.I am upgrading to a gt2871s and looking to make approx. 350whp on high boost what kind of torque numbers should I anticipate?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Questions like this upset me. Who knows, who cares? Go to the dyno and then you can tell us. The torque number is going to depend on where your peak hp is developed since hp is calculated from torque.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: D series torque? (Hybrid96EK)

Excuse me if you don't like questions then don't waste you precious time answering them in fact why even bother reading the posts at all if they cause you such upset.I didn't post it to raise my post count I was wondering if I might need to upgrade my current clutch set up.I won't upset you further by going into details
Old 10-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no one can tell you the answer to your question.

theres to many variables invovled to say one solid number
Old 10-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by same ol Steve &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Excuse me if you don't like questions then don't waste you precious time answering them in fact why even bother reading the posts at all if they cause you such upset.I didn't post it to raise my post count I was wondering if I might need to upgrade my current clutch set up.I won't upset you further by going into details</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then why not simply ask something along the lines of "I currently run xxx clutch, do you think an upgrade will be needed after changing to xxx turbo?".. That would make more sense. Thats all I am saying. We can't tell you how much power your car will make. Why ask?
Old 10-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: D series torque? (Hybrid96EK)

cuz some dickweed will have a problem with that as well
Old 10-11-2008, 09:52 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Unfortunately/fortunately this forum is not that forgiving when it comes to vague "fortune-teller" questions as the ones you are asking. It may be more prudent for you to be more precise in your questions before asking instead of being general and rather "lazy". Perhaps then you may get a more indicative response to your question without the sarcasm and "attitude".
Old 10-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: D series torque? (TheShodan)

wasn't asking for an exact number just a ball park figure,I know the next post will say between 1 and 1000lbft.not everbody knows everything you guys do and theres a reason the place is called hater-tech.My original post had no attitude or sarcasm the first response was that way.I guess the old adage that "the only stupid question is the one you don't ask" doesn't apply here.
I thought possibly someone here had a d series that made approx the hp I was asking about and could share the torque figure.As for the lazy part I could have listed my entire build specs but didn't think it was really needed for such a simple request guess I'll have to be more precise in the future
Old 10-12-2008, 05:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by same ol Steve &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">theres a reason the place is called hater-tech.</TD></TR></TABLE>

There's also a reason there are RULES threads in EVERY subforum, there's a reason every new person gets a n00b picture as their avatar, and a reason you shouldn't ask certain questions. There is ALSO a reason why the search button is RED, allowing for new people to notice it better, and find answers even faster. You are right that someone probably has the info, and its most likely posted in the form of a dyno graph in an old post. THAT is why there are infact stupid questions - they are the ones that have already been answered, or questions asked DAILY.

If being sensable and realistic make us haters, I'll take that label as a badge of honor.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by same ol Steve &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I guess the old adage that "the only stupid question is the one you don't ask" doesn't apply here.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

It most certainly is not. However, you have the means of finding the answer yourself with a little bit of fingerwork, there's only a 425+ page thread dedicated to SOHCs in this forum. Don't you think you might find a similar setup in there? There's an entire forum dedicated to turbo D16s, (turbod16.com). Don't you think that question could have quite possibly been covered before in either here or there or other places?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by same ol Steve &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I thought possibly someone here had a d series that made approx the hp I was asking about and could share the torque figure.As for the lazy part I could have listed my entire build specs but didn't think it was really needed for such a simple request guess I'll have to be more precise in the future</TD></TR></TABLE>

Like I said, you have pretty much all of that information right here in these first few pages of this forum. You know your setup, you know what turbo you have, you know all of that stuff. We don't, so either you need to tell us everything or you need to look around and compare your setup to other peoples, the latter being the less lazy and more prefferred method.

I'd never discourage anyone to ask a question. The thing is, you don't need to ask it on the forum. Just ask yourself, because most of the answers are here.

Orrrrr you could just put the car on the dyno, and make the 250ish wtq that the car is going to make.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: D series torque? (SovXietday)

didn't want to start all this drama just had a question sorry if it was stupid and I'll watch it in the future some of you guys have been very helpful to me in the past,SovXietday TheShodan in particular thanks for the help and I hope my noob question won't deter your help in the future Sorry guys
Old 10-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by same ol Steve &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">didn't want to start all this drama just had a question sorry if it was stupid and I'll watch it in the future some of you guys have been very helpful to me in the past,SovXietday TheShodan in particular thanks for the help and I hope my noob question won't deter your help in the future Sorry guys</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's cool, just for future reference, do a little leg work for your answers. If you can't find anything, or are still confused, by all means ask away. People just get mad when you want to be spoon fed that's all.