Notices

D Series JRSC questions...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D Series JRSC questions...

I'm picking up a Del Sol Friday that was built about 10 years ago and then sat for a long time. I drove it this week and it drives good.

Anyway, the car has a D16 with the full JRSC kit, upgraded injectors, intake, full exhaust with a chipped and dyno tuned ECU. It was tuned on the stock 5-6 psi stock kit boost.

Does anyone still offer a pulley to put it at the 10-11 PSI? I know back in the day you could get pulleys to put them at this PSI. Also, how would I go about getting it tuned? Anyone still messing with tuning the old chipped ECU's? I've tuned some other Honda's but they were on ODBII using Hondata.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts
Default Re: D Series JRSC questions...

Contact Motorvations Motorsports. They are big JRSC fans and still have some parts in stock to improve the performance of that kit. Also, they are located relatively close to you. They can help you with tuning as well.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Imo both the m62 and 45 eatons of that generation will not do anything remarkable without modification after ~8-9psi.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Old 01-31-2018, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
Contact Motorvations Motorsports. They are big JRSC fans and still have some parts in stock to improve the performance of that kit. Also, they are located relatively close to you. They can help you with tuning as well.

Thanks, I am going to give them a call next week.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

JRSC Y8 Crank pulley vs stock - D-series.org
Old 02-10-2018, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Pulley boys or pulleyBoyZ with a z to be cool. A 3" and the CRV crank pulley should make that. If there is a D equiv.
-
Last year I had my GSR's JRSC kit rebuilt by Magnuson. New bearings and all. They did a fine job. They were still able to get parts.
-
Contact your local Tuner with a dyno facility. Most large city's have a tuning garage with a dyno, that owner's of common makes go to and support. Most will help you do it yourself at an hourly rate. Then you go home and know what the hell you are doing making small changes. Knowing you can return a Safe high output tune. Keep backups, and a history.

Do not drive it there on a base map you or a tech didn't verify. I would not trust a download from a site, from someone, who does not know your vehicle. ILL Garage will send you a basemap, and Winners Circle.

In Chicagoland earth area 708, 630, and 312.
Winner's Circle has a dyno tuner operation and still has a NOS cascade last I heard.
ILL Garage is great with the Hondas.
-
Salvaged P28 ecu s , mod it with a chip kit they are very affordable -+$10. I use Crome with that, they have versions for free or had online.

Hondata is very nice. Expensive, but worth it.

Crome can do a nice job, the plugins need to be straight. Then the USB Moates device($85) is needed to burn2 the SST chips. You can burn them directly in Crome with the USB Burn2. Find the Comm port used in windows manager.

---It has come to my attention you do not need the Moates device . It is possible to burn the chip via a USB interface off the 4 pin on the ECU.---
--- For that matter you do not need the Chip kit . You'd just burn the SST that is hardwired on board, over and over. Not Ideal, but can be done on a pinch.---
-
Warning, the math that supports the engine managent is not the same from Hondata to Crome. Tuning, you cannot just fill in the columns from the one to other. The Math is all different. Presented similar, but different.
-
That supercharger kit does not require that much boost to perform well. The immediacy of the torque throws the car forward. It will charge super, using no more than 8-10 psi . Need more acceleration? Then use the smallest nitrous jet, a 35hp shot in boost equals 60hp +-. A 10 lb bottle fill, will last till your next oil change if properly cared for. I feel this is a better solution than excessive boost on an already higher compression engine in a daily driver situation. The nitrous is the chemical intercooler missing in the roots' package. The intake air gets hot too, very hot IAT going beyond the hi boost kit.

I use the aquamist water injection kit too, the JRSC one, when driving around as a chemical intercooler. That will squeeze out another 8-10hp or so. Both systems are in play in both my Hondas , either or, not same time. They have strengths and weaknesses . They are also safe , VERY SAFE, for mild use.

I never had a problem, And the 'tech interest' of it, can save a custom car project. Whoa NOS!

Last edited by 2001GSRSC; 02-11-2018 at 10:13 AM.