Notices

CUSTOM MADE Hybrid Intercoolers!!!!! LOOK!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2002, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CUSTOM MADE Hybrid Intercoolers!!!!! LOOK!!!!!

A friend of mine owns a performance shop in Rhode Island. He has now told me that he now has a hybrid IC available that can be custom made for any application. By hybrid I mean a combination of fin and tube design that will cool efficiently whether the car is in motion or still.

18 fins per inch
100% Tig Welded
100% Aluminum
Tube and Fin Design

He's had pros with 8 second cars come up to him and say it was better than the 2000$ Racecore that they bought. It sounds like there may be a really big market for this. I need your opinion. I would tend to think that people would jump at it, if it was really all he said it was. I do have more pictures available,but nothing closer up.

Old 06-29-2002, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CUSTOM MADE Hybrid Intercoolers!!!!! LOOK!!!!! (WesleyEnterprises)

Well when youre not moving you dont really have to worry about cooling the air.
Old 06-29-2002, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many 8 sec cars do you see with air to air IC's? Not many.
Old 06-29-2002, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CUSTOM MADE Hybrid Intercoolers!!!!! LOOK!!!!! (93LSivic)

Maybe they run 8's in 1/8th mile and not in the quater mile? That intercooler likes like everyones run of the mill cooler. 18 fins per square inch. is not even that good when PWR can make that many in a radiator. Im sure he doesnt have the thousands of dollars to make his own custom cores at his shop...

PS: there is nothing custom in tube and fin. There are only 2 types of intercoolers. Tube and fin and bar and plate. Nothing hybrid about that. Also all intercoolers keep cooling even when not in motion. Basicly an intercooler is a heatsink. Thats what heat sinks do. They just have even better eficency when getting air to them.

[Modified by ninesecrx, 1:33 AM 6/30/2002]
Old 06-29-2002, 05:26 PM

Default Re: CUSTOM MADE Hybrid Intercoolers!!!!! LOOK!!!!! (ninesecrx)

Okay, you don't need to thrash me around. I don't know everything about intercoolers. I just want to find a good product to sell.

About this one: he told me that its a combination of the two designs. I don't personally know a whole lot about it. I wish someone could try it and give their own comment about it. Yes, both coolers cool when not in motion, but efficiency is what would be taken into consideration?(correct me if i'm wrong)

Feel free to post what you think. Just try to keep it non personal , alright?

Jonathan
Old 06-29-2002, 05:29 PM

Oh, what I meant by custom is that they can make the size that you request.
Thanks.

Old 06-29-2002, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Jon, anything I write on here is completely non-personal. I am totaly not trashing you. Its just the fact that I know a lot about turbos and stuff like this. I think what the guy is telling you is false and you in turn not knowing a lot about intercoolers beleives him. Like I said, they are 2 different styles and thats it. I can see by the picture he has not made anything new. There are ups and downs to both sides of each style. The bar and plate is heavier which in turn will keep air temps cooler when the car is at rest. Do you really need it then of when you mash the throttle and are driving? The advantages of tube and fin (PWR style) is the lightness, and they fact that when this type of intercooler gets air it is able to cool it quicker. Because it is not as heavy(less of a heat sink) it is able to cool air more efficiently when the car is moving at a quicker rate and it also has a proven less pressure loss from when the air goes in- and out the other side......Mike
Old 06-29-2002, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how much approximately are we looking at?
Old 06-30-2002, 09:37 PM

Default Re: CUSTOM MADE Hybrid Intercoolers!!!!! LOOK!!!!! (Soup ****)

1G Dark Side Racing Complete Front Mount Intercooler Kit $850.00

Finally after 2 months of waiting we are now offering the full 1G Intercooler kit. The kit comes complete with 24"x10"x3" Intercooler Core with 2.5" inlet/outlet pipes, Mandrel Bent 2.5" intercooler piping, all silicone coulpings, stainless steel t-bolt clamps, and upgraded throttle body elbow.The $850 price includes shipping to any of the lower 48 states.

Thats whats on the web site.
Our Intercoolers come polished to near-chrome shine. With 18 fins per inch and 100% TIG welded, our Intercoolers are strong and durable. Intercoolers are a unique extruded tube and fin design that minimizes pressure drop and a reduced spooling time. Core sizes are 24"x10"x3" *

The Dark Side Racing core feature top quality materials and construction for strength and durability against vibration. Every end header is TIG welded to the core for strength and zero leakage while each tube is individually brazed to the end header to provide a powerful seal. Furthermore, each and every core is pressure tested to ensure flawless performance.
----------
And he wants me to sell them. What can i say....
For those interested or that have more questions you can email me directly at jr1225@messiah.edu . I'm not sure what we're going to do for a wholesale price, but it will be obviously be less than 850$.

Jonathan
Old 06-30-2002, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1G Dark Side Racing Complete Front Mount Intercooler Kit $850.00

ouch

Rob<----whos pockets arent that deep
Old 06-30-2002, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CUSTOM MADE Hybrid Intercoolers!!!!! LOOK!!!!! (rjardy)

why are you trying to sell 1G DSM intercooler kits on a honda FI forum? THere's absolutely no interest here....what people want are universal cores
Old 06-30-2002, 11:25 PM

A friend of mine owns a performance shop in Rhode Island. He has now told me that he now has a hybrid IC available that can be custom made for any application. By hybrid I mean a combination of fin and tube design that will cool efficiently whether the car is in motion or still.

18 fins per inch
100% Tig Welded
100% Aluminum
Tube and Fin Design

He's had pros with 8 second cars come up to him and say it was better than the 2000$ Racecore that they bought. It sounds like there may be a really big market for this. I need your opinion. I would tend to think that people would jump at it, if it was really all he said it was. I do have more pictures available,but nothing closer up.

His endtanks are of very poor design, you are causing way more turbulance than nessecary..

I would like to refer you to Maximum Boost by Corky Bell..

He has written an excelent section covering intercooler design..

See ya,
-Jason

[Modified by TurboCivicSi, 8:27 AM 7/1/2002]
Old 07-01-2002, 03:11 PM

Default Wholesale buy

That would make sense .

Anyways, I'm going to doing a type of group buy. I believe i'll have ten slots open. The nice part is that there isn't just one item available. I'll leave a list of manufactures that my business acquaintence has access to, and find out who is interested in ordering. The prices will be well below retail and internet pricing. Spread the word if you can.

Jonathan