Notices

crome or uberdata

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default crome or uberdata

iv been having alot of problems the last few days with uberdata and LS bins. does anyone know if crome will be more reliable? thanks
Old 03-20-2006, 10:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes...
Old 03-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (drumking15)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drumking15 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I double that response. Ever since we've gone with Crome, our consistency has risen dramatically over Uberdata. You WILL NOT regret the switch. We'll have differences in dyno numbers soon enough.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:39 AM

I'm a total newb at tuning but I've used Uberdata for a little while, then paid the cash to get Crome and haven't regretted it since.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sph33r)

My car actually ran better on Crome. Not to mention it is more user friendly and has more features that Uberdata doesn't.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:21 PM

Default Re: crome or uberdata (the.hamburglar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by the.hamburglar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">iv been having alot of problems the last few days with uberdata and LS bins. does anyone know if crome will be more reliable? thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your issues were with reading and user error, not Uberdata(the P75 map has been import only for about 1.5 years now). I promise you will have issues with Crome if you don't educate yourself more thoroughly. An example is Crome's basemaps idle DEAD lean for me. My PLX reads 20:1 max and after that it reads LEAN and the crome basemap just read LEAN. It was an easy solution though, add fuel to the idle region.

With that said, Crome is more and better developed than Uberdata.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: crome or uberdata (luterole)

so far crome is working awsome. now i just need to learn a little more abnout tuning. how much is crom pro?
Old 03-20-2006, 08:13 PM

$150
Old 03-20-2006, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I say crome, just because the cars ive seen around my way on uberdata are garbage.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:57 PM

i used uberdata to tune my sedan, and it ran great...but now that i've switched to crome (recently switched from uberdata to crome on the hatch) i will never go back. not only is it user friendly and has more options, but for some reason that car just runs better with crome. weird.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:16 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

yay for crome!

never used it myself, but my car is tuned on it, and it's smooooth.

i've always liked crome over uber.. cant say why, it used to be the underdog sorta.. yet it was a more professional underdog? If that makes any sense.

anyhoo, keep us apprised upon your progress
Old 03-20-2006, 11:59 PM

crome pro is sweeet. i use it on my turbo jdm gsr stock block and it rocks. i drive this car everyday and i havent had a single problem, runs like stock but with the power of boost. even my friends are amazed at how well my car runs and idles plus no check engine lights. currently runnin 260whp and 215wtq at about 8-10psi daily driven. even on my next setup of hopefully 400whp, im stickin with crome, easy on my tuner also and very user friendly plus on the fly tuning, a baby can do it. crome all the way
Old 03-21-2006, 12:14 AM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

btw wuts up with gettingcrome?

their site seems to be dead?
where do u d/l it?
Old 03-21-2006, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tad)

how many more option do i have after i pay the 150? thats kinda a lot
Old 03-21-2006, 05:17 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by the.hamburglar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">iv been having alot of problems the last few days with uberdata and LS bins. does anyone know if crome will be more reliable? thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

I run my boosted LS on Uberdata all day every day with zero issues. I personally find it simple and it gets the job done. Sounds like you have elaborated more on your issues on another site and don't care to share them here which is fine. I would be willing to help you with some more specific questions just hit me up on AIM. As previously mentioned it is probably user error and no matter what you use either AEM, Hondata, Crome, or Uberdata user error will always be there.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: crome or uberdata (King Tut33)

yeah its driving me crazy. i would like to use uberdata because i think its a little more simple. anyways ill pm
Old 03-21-2006, 06:34 AM

What do you get with Crome Pro? Datalogging?
Old 03-21-2006, 08:49 AM

Default Re: crome or uberdata (Kowalski)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kowalski &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What do you get with Crome Pro? Datalogging?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Pretty much and all the features that go with it.. like auto tune and stuff like that.

Uberdata's LS bins are corrupt on some of the versions. You just have to get the right one to start with.

The reason people have problems with uberdata is because they don't educate themselves on how to use it properly. It isn't as well organized as far as new versions like crome is. But uberdata free has all the options and more than crome free does ( datalogging).
Old 03-21-2006, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: crome or uberdata (93turbo16)

crome pro my car runs great on it
Old 03-21-2006, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: crome or uberdata (93turbo16)

I was forced to use Uberdata this past weekend on two cars when an issue arose on the laptop I was using and Crome. Both cars run perfect.

I prefer the use of Crome myself, but if you know how to use it, Uberdata can easily get the job done.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:12 AM

Default Re: crome or uberdata (VTC_CiViC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTC_CiViC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was forced to use Uberdata this past weekend on two cars when an issue arose on the laptop I was using and Crome. Both cars run perfect.

I prefer the use of Crome myself, but if you know how to use it, Uberdata can easily get the job done.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree..

But there are some major advantages with crome. For one bigger injector(800cc+) are easier to tune, because of the advanced tables features and the new FV fuel tools.. Plus the "ON GOING" developemant of these plugins..There is more then one person developing NEW features for crome. It may be behind the scenes but some MAJOR plugins will be coming in the next year or so.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:47 AM

Default Re: crome or uberdata (MindEracer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MindEracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I agree..

But there are some major advantages with crome. For one bigger injector(800cc+) are easier to tune, because of the advanced tables features and the new FV fuel tools.. Plus the "ON GOING" developemant of these plugins..There is more then one person developing NEW features for crome. It may be behind the scenes but some MAJOR plugins will be coming in the next year or so.</TD></TR></TABLE>

keep up the good work.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Year? *cough* try more like week or two... Most notable:

-Totally revised fuel tools with excellent support for large injectors P30 + P72
-Rev tools for P72 (finally)

Shortly following:
-PID based electronic boost controller
-Improved ITB tools with digital map smoothing and vastly improved help and tutorial

Working hard to bring you all the tools you'll ever need! (And if any Uberdata people wanna port the new-style fuel tools to Uber, PM me. I write code for ECUs not for editors. )
Old 03-21-2006, 12:05 PM

Default Re: (blundar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blundar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Year? *cough* try more like week or two... Most notable:

-Totally revised fuel tools with excellent support for large injectors P30 + P72
-Rev tools for P72 (finally)

Shortly following:
-PID based electronic boost controller
-Improved ITB tools with digital map smoothing and vastly improved help and tutorial

Working hard to bring you all the tools you'll ever need! (And if any Uberdata people wanna port the new-style fuel tools to Uber, PM me. I write code for ECUs not for editors. )</TD></TR></TABLE>

alli have to say dave is you are my idol...keep up the great work its very very very much appreciated!!!

you to minderacer...i wish i knew more about programing...id love to get into it w/ you guys and support a tool that helps me out...
Old 03-21-2006, 12:26 PM

Default Re: (blundar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blundar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Year? *cough* try more like week or two... Most notable:</TD></TR></TABLE>

Didn't want to add any pressure..

Quick Reply: crome or uberdata