Crap i'm never gonna see boost now

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crap i'm never gonna see boost now

i order my greddy kit on june 10th.

the damn thing is still on backorder cuz greddy supposed to be having some "problems". now my summer vacation is almost over and i won't even be here to receive this thing so i have no idea what's gonna happen to it. there goes all that money i spent my time saving up. apparantly my card was charged before i was told it was on backorder, and now i'm told that there are no cancellations on turbo kits. even if this has been their policy, i should have been notified of it being on backorder the instant i ordered it, and with greddy having their problems and not answering calls, i shouldn't have to suffer for it. i doubt they even finished building my kit and i can't even be sure they started.

now i have to wait whatever time it takes them to finish plus the time it takes to get to the dealer, and then another week to ship from CA to NY. i kno for sure i won't be here by then. all i wanted to do was get my car boosted before my summer was over. this thing has been such a waste and its ridiculous how much money and time i saved and wasted to end up with nothing. i could have spent all this money on college payments or books and ended up happier than this. screw this, i'm not doing this performance thing anymore. oh well, it was fun dreaming. just needed to vent guys. thanks to all those who helped out and gave advise.

-alan
Old 07-30-2002, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Crap i'm never gonna see boost now (Pengo)

I know how you feel. I ordered my kit (FMAX) in Jan and I got in May. That would've been fine but I moved in between.
Old 07-30-2002, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Crap i'm never gonna see boost now (niedejb)

Just call your credit company and have them do a chargeback.
Old 07-30-2002, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Crap i'm never gonna see boost now (dustin)

Yep, easiest way to get out of a jam...or rip off somebody you bought something from with a credit card (as long as you did not sign an invoice, receipt of delivery, etc).

Happened to me countless times when I had an online business

[Modified by mplex2000, 11:26 PM 7/30/2002]
Old 07-30-2002, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Crap i'm never gonna see boost now (mplex2000)

dont think i can chargeback anymore. the bill already came in and i already paid it cuz back then i was told the ETA was "this week or next". a month later, nothing, and now they dont even know the ETA anymore.
Old 07-30-2002, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can still do a chargeback with the credit company if you never received the merchandise.... call your credit company and explain the situation (embellish if necessary).

Dustin
Old 07-30-2002, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Crap i'm never gonna see boost now (dustin)

Well i'm not looking to just lie and my money back. that's why i'm gathering all my info and stuff together first before i decide to call up the cc company. i'm not trying to rip off the company i ordered from, cuz i got it from importparts, and everyone says they have great service. unfortunately this first experience of mine with them is quite terrible and tiresome. initially i was told that i can either upgrade to the drag (which i dont have money for), wait for the greddy (which will take who knows how long), or get a refund. then i was told by the sales rep i was talking to that he had to ask his manager first when i said i wanted my refun. then he comes back to me to tell me i can't get my refund. i'm gonna be calling back tomorrow to see if i can get in touch with ben and hopefully work something out. otherwise i guess i'll have to call my cc company. i just dont wanna jump the gun and leave a bad impression of importparts with me. but i dont wanna drag this out any longer either..... 51 days so far and counting....
Old 07-30-2002, 04:15 PM
Trial User

patience I say.... if the greddy smog legal kit is what you want... wait for it... it will be here in time... it's on backorder for a reason.. and if it's tech related then you WANT a kit thats got the intended fix... if it's just popular then it happens..
Old 07-30-2002, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Crap i'm never gonna see boost now (GSRwBOOST)

i am pretty sure u can get your money back
coz if you haven't received your what you bought, u can get ur money back EVEN THOUGH you have paid your CC

just call them and tell them the whole situation, they will help u out
instead of saying "back order", just say the shop has been delaying my order for a LONG TIME, and everytime i called, they said next week, but nothing came in the next week
this is not a LIE, but it's the truth

good luck
Old 07-30-2002, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Crap i'm never gonna see boost now (xbird)

thanks for the advice.

as for patience, i think i've shown alot of it, considering i waited a month more than the ETA that i was told. if they had said "ok it wont be here for 2 months at least" then at least i'd know. but when u tell me "this week or next it should be in" and then it isn't for another month, then i get a tad impatient. plus i think i should at least get an exception to their policy considering that they cant even get in contact with their supplier and as a result they can't even give me an ETA. which means they don't know if greddy has started, or finished, or is even able to complete my order. i don't think anyone should pay for that kind of service.

i'm not trying to badmouth importparts, cuz i know they usually have great service, but all this unforeseen waiting has just gotten to me. plus the fact that even if i'm patient and wait, i won't be here anymore to receive the kit when it gets here cuz i'll be in school. so then if anything even goes wrong with that order, or somethings missing, i'm not even gonna be able to call them in time or get replacements. by the time i get back, i'll prob be told it's been too long since delivery or its not under warranty anymore. that's my main reason for cancelling the order. why pay all that money for something ur not even gonna be able to receive and enjoy it? i'd rather get my money back now and wait till later to order it again when the time is better.

- alan
Old 07-30-2002, 08:53 PM

well get on the phone and start talking to people, and i mean talking. Nobody gets anything by yelling at people or being impatient. We can't help you out here, we can only give you advise. I would advise you to call your CC company and talk to them about it. If they can't help you out for some reason (they should) or if you'd rather have your turbo instead of the money, then i would call importparts at least twice per day and bug them politely. Make sure they know exactly who you are, what your name is and exactly your problem, and make sure they know this at least once per day that you don't have your turbo kit. Just don't take no for an answer but don't lose your patience. and good luck.
Old 07-30-2002, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Crap i'm never gonna see boost now (PreIudeSI)

I don't know he wouldn't lose his patience... I feel for you, I'm a college kid too and trying to save quickly before fall to boost and for me, and I assume you, that is a shitload of money.. Talk to Ben and see whats up or cancel your order and try to get a local shop to price match if they have it in stock, then you can drive it home Good luck, Sounds like you and importparts are both getting shafted, I don't think its necessarily bad service on their part just something that couldn't have been prevented
Old 07-31-2002, 04:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You have 60 days AFTER you receive the bill from the credit card company to dispute the charge. Wheter you have already payed does not matter. Worst case scenario you end up with a credit on your credit card. I know this because someone got a hold of my receipts and was charging hotel rooms accross the country to my credit card.