Notices

Could my BOV be causing this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could my BOV be causing this?

My car hesitates as some of you may know from 1500-4000 RPM's. I'll have to give it "extra" gas to get it going like the way it should. This started happening like 3 weeks ago and I'm not sure why it's doing it. Anyways, my BOV adjustment bolt is fucked. Or actually, the threads to the actual BOV is fucked. I was thinking about Turbo XS H-RFL BOV.

But anyways, can a malfunctioning BOV cause the car to hesitate? Idle irregularly? My idle seems to rise and fall..up and down..continuously....Sometimes it just stays up..and sometimes it goes down. Anyways, I was wondering how I can fix it...I think it might be the BOV. Since the bolt is messed up, I can't adjust it and the only way to fix it is to go to a machine shop oR buy a new BOV. Any suggestions?

-ThankS
Old 12-02-2002, 08:58 AM

Default Re: Could my BOV be causing this? (Esone3)

if your idle is irratic it most likely is your iacv. also do you have a fmu if so i am sure the hesitation has always been there and is normal for an fmu.
Old 12-02-2002, 09:04 AM

It might be that you have a vacuum leak because of the bov and its causing the wierd idle. not really sure, but that could be a possibility
Old 12-02-2002, 09:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hesitation could be your MAP. You running a Missing Link? If so try cleaning the little hole with some frayed wire.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Could my BOV be causing this? (Doodoo)

UPDATE: Car is now fixed. It doesn't hesitate anymore

Finally, after 3 weeks of confusion, fusstration and lots of money down the drain, I found out that it was the smallest thing that was causing the hesitation, and that was the ******* BOV!

The top of the BOV thread was so so so stripped, so the adjustment bolt was out, opening the BOV. I just got a fat *** screw and shoved it in there in place of the old bolt and I used some rubber washers to keep the air from leaking out. It's still leaking some air which I'm really disapointed in but now it's time to focus on the next step. Either take it to a machine shop, oR buy a new BOV. Great...Time to spend more $$$ that I don't have. Anyways, does anyone else have a suggetion regarding my messed up BOV?

-THankS