Notices

Could I install my G Blubox today even thought my kit won't install for 2 days?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could I install my G Blubox today even thought my kit won't install for 2 days?

I am working on a small time period this weekend when my kit arrives, and I am off today so I figured I could go ahead and install my blue box to save time this weekend by allready having this done, would the car be driveable, and would I need to go ahead and put in the 310 injectors as well?
Old 05-12-2005, 06:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Could I install my G Blubox today even thought my kit won't install for 2 days? (Bimmerman)

anyone?
Old 05-12-2005, 07:20 AM

Default Re: Could I install my G Blubox today even thought my kit won't install for 2 days? (Bimmerman)

ya you can install it it will only add fule when in boost so go ahead and do it.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:36 AM

Default Re: Could I install my G Blubox today even thought my kit won't install for 2 days? (clutch878)

wrong and yes.

You'll run way rich and lose power vs stock. It will add fule the WHOLE time, anytime you touch the gas buebox is adding fuel.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Could I install my G Blubox today even thought my kit won't install for 2 days? (Si Shane)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Si Shane &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wrong and yes.

You'll run way rich and lose power vs stock. It will add fule the WHOLE time, anytime you touch the gas buebox is adding fuel.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really? I don't know much about the blue box but I would think he would be okay installing it...

You could do it with any other fuel management setup, why couldn't you do it with the blue box?
Old 05-12-2005, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think I am going to go ahead and install but what about the injectors?
Old 05-12-2005, 07:55 AM

the blue box only increases fuel pressure when there is boost..
you wont be boosting so you wont have a problem
Old 05-12-2005, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Could I install my G Blubox today even thought my kit won't install for 2 days? (pv2dickman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pv2dickman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the blue box only increases fuel pressure when there is boost..
you wont be boosting so you wont have a problem
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wrong, it modifies the injector pulse, not bumps up fuel pressure...Anyway, YES, I know for a fact you can install it before the turbo kit...I have a blue box on my car now, and under approx. 20-30% throttle, my wideband stays around 14.-0-14.6, so if you drive it sensibly, it will not affect anything at all..
Old 05-12-2005, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Could I install my G Blubox today even thought my kit won't install for 2 days? (99lspwr)

installed and cars runs better?
Old 05-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Could I install my G Blubox today even thought my kit won't install for 2 days? (Si Shane)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Si Shane &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wrong and yes.

You'll run way rich and lose power vs stock. It will add fule the WHOLE time, anytime you touch the gas buebox is adding fuel.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it doesn't add fuel in vacuum, cuz that doesn't make sense
Old 05-12-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Could I install my G Blubox today even thought my kit won't install for 2 days? (99lspwr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99lspwr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Wrong, it modifies the injector pulse, not bumps up fuel pressure...Anyway, YES, I know for a fact you can install it before the turbo kit...I have a blue box on my car now, and under approx. 20-30% throttle, my wideband stays around 14.-0-14.6, so if you drive it sensibly, it will not affect anything at all.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes.. i was thinking something totally different..
Old 05-12-2005, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Could I install my G Blubox today even thought my kit won't install for 2 days? (pv2dickman)

well I drove the car for about an hour to go eat and some other stuff and car seem to run better. Seem to be a little smoother on power delievery. Could it be the injectors being bigger?
Old 05-12-2005, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bimmerman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well I drove the car for about an hour to go eat and some other stuff and car seem to run better. Seem to be a little smoother on power delievery. Could it be the injectors being bigger?</TD></TR></TABLE>
it could be due to the change from old dirty clogged injectors to brand new clean ones?
Old 05-12-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Could I install my G Blubox today even thought my kit won't install for 2 days? (igo4bmx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by igo4bmx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
it could be due to the change from old dirty clogged injectors to brand new clean ones?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Or a placebo effect is kick'n in haha

Anyways enjoy the MaD thrID GeAr Vt3c B0osT when you get it installed
Old 05-12-2005, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Could I install my G Blubox today even thought my kit won't install for 2 days? (HollywoodEG6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by igo4bmx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

it doesn't add fuel in vacuum, cuz that doesn't make sense</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, but no one like bad information. I drove a blue boxed car around for almost 6 months with zeitronix unit afr/boost lcd display. By 14in its on its way to 10.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll post after install