Notices

coolant issues and coolant hose issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 01:01 PM
official honda whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coolant issues and coolant hose issues

well up untill about a week ago i was having great luck with my car then all of a sudden one day the idle was funky so i checked my coolant n it was low so i put some more in it... i drove home the next day and a coolant hose from the back of the head to the thermo housing blew out on me on the highway so i had to change that, i thought that the hose was my reason for bein low the day before

well 2 days later im low again so i keep puttin it in and went home and changed out another hose that i thought had a leak which it did have a slow leak

ive never let the car over heat as soon as it would go above halfway id shut the car down

well now today on the way home i do a 4th gear pull and puffff a huge white cloud and my cars smokin like a bitch.... i pull over and find a coolant hose from the iacv had popped off.... so im like wtf is up with all my coolant problems and problems with hoses

did compression check this past weekend to see if it was possible head gasket and got from 4-1 180-200-190-200 and when i blead the coolant from the bleader off the head it will be flowin smooth then spit some, so im wondering if i have a slightly blown headgasket or what could it be thats makin my hoses go to **** n still lose coolant i dont smell ne out of the exhaust

my person opinion is blown headgasket but only when in boost

btw built b18b with full race kit runnin 8 lbs on a street tune with uberdata
Old 11-28-2005, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: coolant issues and coolant hose issues (coptzer)

did you do a leakdown test yet ???
Old 11-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: coolant issues and coolant hose issues (B18C1CYA)

I used to blow coolant hoses off like crazy. Its a pain in the ***.
I found one time I was losing coolant. It was on the IM where the coolant port it. Just had a small leak, but it was enuff to lose coolant every day or two
Old 11-28-2005, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: coolant issues and coolant hose issues (itr206)

Your definately pressurizing the system somewhere. Let the car idle with the cap off for a while. Let the coolant overflow until it overflows solid without burps or bubbles. Then install the cap.

If that doesn't take care of it or if it never stops burping you have a blown headgasket.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by coptzer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well up untill about a week ago i was having great luck with my car then all of a sudden one day the idle was funky so i checked my coolant n it was low so i put some more in it... i drove home the next day and a coolant hose from the back of the head to the thermo housing blew out on me on the highway so i had to change that, i thought that the hose was my reason for bein low the day before

well 2 days later im low again so i keep puttin it in and went home and changed out another hose that i thought had a leak which it did have a slow leak

ive never let the car over heat as soon as it would go above halfway id shut the car down

well now today on the way home i do a 4th gear pull and puffff a huge white cloud and my cars smokin like a bitch.... i pull over and find a coolant hose from the iacv had popped off.... so im like wtf is up with all my coolant problems and problems with hoses

did compression check this past weekend to see if it was possible head gasket and got from 4-1 180-200-190-200 and when i blead the coolant from the bleader off the head it will be flowin smooth then spit some, so im wondering if i have a slightly blown headgasket or what could it be thats makin my hoses go to **** n still lose coolant i dont smell ne out of the exhaust

my person opinion is blown headgasket but only when in boost

btw built b18b with full race kit runnin 8 lbs on a street tune with uberdata</TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe you just had an air bubble? bleed it, and try that. PA bump too!
Old 11-28-2005, 02:56 PM
official honda whore

Default Re: coolant issues and coolant hose issues (thelate1)

ive bled the **** outta it and no ron i havent had a chance to do a leakdown test yet, thats my next option... to be honest im about to tear it apart and part it all out, i mean its winter time and i wouldnt mind starting another project.. this **** gets so frustrating

i think its a headgasket and when im not in boost the compression is fine but whenever im boosting is when the hoses start to pop and its just a pain in the *** nemore
Old 11-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

did you use head studs or the stock bolts ??
Old 12-01-2005, 04:30 PM
official honda whore

Default Re: coolant issues and coolant hose issues (B18C1CYA)

arp's and retorqued after a cpl hundred miles