Notices

Constructing -4AN Feed Line...Have one question **Urgent**

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 09:23 AM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Constructing -4AN Feed Line...Have one question **Urgent**

I'm making my -4AN feed line right now. I have the line cut like you would normally do any other braided line. My question is, does the line go over both barbs on the hose end? Is it supposed to be ridiculously hard to get the hose end in the hose? Any tips on making this size line would be greatly appreciated because it's not like -3AN or -6AN+
Old 06-17-2006, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Constructing -4AN Feed Line...Have one question **Urgent** (AF-P Dunc)

well first of all, make sure the hose ends are the right size. and this is what you do, or ill explain my technique. cut the hose so it has no jagged steel everywhere. i liek to put the bottom of the hose in the connector at an angle, take a flat head, and slowly push in the rest of the hose until its in the connector, then you push in in a push/twist motion. push until the bottom of the threads. then put in the male threaded part of the hose end, and just turn until its very snug. and u have yourself a nice peice of line. be careful though, the aluminum hose ends arent so strong, make sure u use the right wrench so you dont round off the corners.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:56 AM
BCICAN

Default Re: Constructing -4AN Feed Line...Have one question **Urgent** (playahwitgame)

So yea, I just made two -12AN lines with a 90* and straight hose end in like 5-10 mins Yea I am using the assembly lube and also the wrenches.

Here is how I do it:
- Wrap the line with masking tape and cut it straight (and remove any jagged pieces)
- Slide the female (red) part over the line and then remove the tape
- Lube up the male (blue) part and line then insert the fitting into the line <--This is the part I can't get done
- Then once the hose is to the bottom of the threads, I start screwing on the red part to the blue part.
-Done

Other Questions:
- I want the braids to be right to the end of the teflon inner part correct and not peal some away?
Old 06-17-2006, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Constructing -4AN Feed Line...Have one question **Urgent** (AF-P Dunc)

teflon??? you should havre gotten the rubber steel braided, and i really hope those 12an's are for the return, becuase thats wayyyyyyyyy to big for the feed. i dont think it matters where the braids are, dont peel away too much, becuase they also add thickness to the hose. mine are peel away probably 1/8 of an inch, but once those fittins are screwed in tightly, that hose its so compressed between the fitting, that it shouldnt matter
Old 06-17-2006, 10:52 AM
BCICAN

Default Re: Constructing -4AN Feed Line...Have one question **Urgent** (playahwitgame)

Yea I would have liked the rubber inner lining...oh well. I can get it over the first barb on the male fitting...but the second one is what it holding me up.

Those -12's are on the front of my valve cover for the 2nd catch can....the return is a -10. Thanks for you input thus far
Old 06-17-2006, 11:01 AM

dude, go to the nearest speed shop and get some rubber braided, its like 9 bucks a foot. your hose ends are reusable. do it once, do it right
Old 06-17-2006, 02:43 PM
BCICAN

Yea I ended up locating a friend who owns another performance shop in the area. Grabbed 4' of -4AN rubber hose for $16. Oh, and it worked like a dream......note to anyone ever buying -4AN lines: DO NOT BUY THE TEFLON LINE! Yea it's good stuff, but it's a royal pain in the *** to make.

Rubber:
Teflon:
Old 06-17-2006, 04:24 PM

cool dice, im glad you did the right thing. that teflon **** is what they use for toilet hose. you think that **** is gunna take those turbo underhood temps. good deal for going the right way. glad i can help
Old 06-18-2006, 08:34 PM
BCICAN

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by playahwitgame &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you think that **** is gunna take those turbo underhood temps. good deal for going the right way. glad i can help</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd sure hope so seeing as it was Earl's hosing.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:30 PM

well i was talking about the teflon stuff taking underhood temps