Notices

Compression test on the motor and my MSD Coil crapped out! MAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 09:47 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compression test on the motor and my MSD Coil crapped out! MAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I did a compression test on the motor tonight, operating temp, all plugs out, coil wire off, fuel injectors disconnected, 5 pumps=190psi across the board , 7 pumps 210psi across the board so I know the engine is healthy. Well after I put everything back together the car doesn't start , I check all plugs were in plug wires, didn't disconnect any wires. I talk to MAX_CFM on line and we disus it so go check spark, take #1 plug and wire out to ground crank it and nothing . I pull out my MSD Digital 6 instructions and read the troubleshooting, it says to take the white wire coming form the ignition box and touch ground, of course car off at first, take the ognition wire and put it half an inch from a ground, turb ignition to on and touch white wire to ground and when pulling away spark shoudl jump from teh ground and ignition wire, uhhhhh NOPE! To bypass I took my stock internal coil wire put the orange and black wires to positive and negative and coil wire form cap to the coil and VOILA the car starts. So the MSD Blaster SS coil took a **** on me. I have to work tomorrow and have dyno time set up for Wednesday to get ready for NOPI at VMP next week, I will call one of my local shops and they should have a coil for me hopefully, just gotta get the wife to go pick it up Or a good friend. Whew at least it wasn't something major. Well I am done ranting gotta get up at 6:30 AM and it's almost two. YAAAAAAAAWN!
Old 08-08-2003, 09:56 PM

Default Re: Compression test on the motor and my MSD Coil crapped out! MAD!!!!!!!!!!! (Boostfed)

glad u found teh problem. and good luck next week!
Old 08-08-2003, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Compression test on the motor and my MSD Coil crapped out! MAD!!!!!!!!!!! (javierb14)

Nice work... I heard those SS coils were a big improvement over the Blaster 2s, perhaps that's just hype...
Old 08-08-2003, 10:03 PM
New User

Default Re: Compression test on the motor and my MSD Coil crapped out! MAD!!!!!!!!!!! (mskibbz-T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mskibbz-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nice work... I heard those SS coils were a big improvement over the Blaster 2s, perhaps that's just hype...</TD></TR></TABLE>
It's been on for about 22,000 miles now without a problem. My buddie's shop should have at least a Blaster 2 coil in stock.