Notices

cell 1, 20 ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cell 1, 20 ?

I uploaded a new map on to my ecu and 2 codes came up after about 100 miles of driving. It was one fast blink and 2 slow blinks. Which is oxygen sensor and the electronic load detector. When i bought the ecu the seller told that the ecu has o2 sensor disabled. Is that possible when you create a map to disable the o2 sensor in it? I'm not too familiar with all the tuning aspects that's why i'm asking this. The present map is made in uberdata. And can someone tell me what that electronic load detector
code could mean?
Car is obd1 d16z6 t3 turbo
o2 sensor is unplugged.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Modified by Groove_D at 1:51 AM 7/11/2007
Old 07-10-2007, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cell 1, 20 ? (Groove_D)

UD has a record of throwing a CEL 1 even with the O2 disabled.

Some ECUs have phantom CEL 20s. If you clear the codes so you have no CEL, and then check the code it'll still throw a CEL 20. However, if you should somehow be getting an actual CEL and the only code being thrown is 20, I can advise how to troubleshoot the ELD. It's buried inside your underhood fuebox, and annoying to deal with, but not even remotely difficult.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Re: cell 1, 20 ? (Joseph Davis)

Shouldn't this cell 20 somehow being affected by cell 1?
I never had cell 20 code on the crome map i ran before.
I did some research and found out where is the eld located. Thanks.
Just trying to figure out why it is throwing these cells on this new map.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Groove_D &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Shouldn't this cell 20 somehow being affected by cell 1?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Groove_D &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I never had cell 20 code on the crome map i ran before. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Crome has nothing to do with UD.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Groove_D &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just trying to figure out why it is throwing these cells on this new map.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly the things I told you??

Bro, not to get snippy with you, but I was the sole beta tester for UD up until version 1.2 where Andy Shinn stepped in and set up the forums. I know more about UD and how it works than anyone who will ever read this thread, and anyone you will probably ever talk to in real life or on the internets. Re-read my original post, digest the goodness therein, and if you have any questions at that point I'm more than happy to help out.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Joseph Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Exactly the things I told you??

Bro, not to get snippy with you, but I was the sole beta tester for UD up until version 1.2 where Andy Shinn stepped in and set up the forums. I know more about UD and how it works than anyone who will ever read this thread, and anyone you will probably ever talk to in real life or on the internets. Re-read my original post, digest the goodness therein, and if you have any questions at that point I'm more than happy to help out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good info like always JD.

Like I said on TD16, download and use the new version of Crome. Disabling ELD and O2 actually works and the software is still being actively updated and used. If you're friend can use UD he can use Crome.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cell 1, 20 ? (SovXietday)

Yah, UD = abandonware.

It's a shame, too, Blake Warner was sharper than most of the pgmfi crayons.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Joseph Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yah, UD = abandonware.

It's a shame, too, Blake Warner was sharper than most of the pgmfi crayons. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I've never had the chance to really learn how to use UD, I've opened it a handful a times and closed it to punch inanimate objects in frustration. It upset me because from what I had been reading most of the features and compensations not only worked, but worked well. You just had to know how to use the software correctly.

I swear, the only reason Crome has 20,000 plugins is to guarantee that at least 5% of them will work with some degree of satisfaction. The rest are trash and clutter the hell out of my laptop.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:36 AM

Joseph Davis, you were right man. I reset the ecu and pulled the code, the cell 20 code was still there. Maybe it was there before the UD threw a 1 cell code. I just never knew about it cause it didn't throw a cell.

So does this mean, the ecu is defective and i can't get that eld problem solved but replacing the ecu? Or i can get my friend to use crome and disable the eld and o2 in it?

Thanks for the info guys.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You won't throw a CEL 1 if you feed the ECU some input... or you can just ignore it and live with the CEL.

You can swap out to a different ECU hardware platform to bypass the phantom CEL 20... or you can just ignore it since it doesn't set a CEL.