Notices

cel under boost

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cel under boost

did a search cant find ****. well my question is honda motors dont read boost so when you boost your cel light will come on right? what do you use to get rid of the cel light or is it something i have to live with when i boost. comptech sells something like that called a E.S.M (electronic signal modifier) "This adjustable switch is commonly used to keep the ECU from seeing a boost signal from the MAP Sensor when you are adding a turbo or supercharger to a car that didn't come that way." so what does this do and mean. thanks for all your help
Old 09-04-2002, 12:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: cel under boost (JDMintegGSR)

well there is a few ways to do this, you can go the cheap but effective way of using checkvalves, this article explains how they work allong with pics http://www.cse.uconn.edu/~yelevich/turbo/turbo.html or you can go with a missing link that you can get from www.importparts.com or you can get hondata www.hondata.com i think there site is messing up though or since im not going woth a standalone right now i went with a J&S ultra safeguard. this is an awesome unit if your not going to go standalone, it retards timing under boost or knock detection so thats pretty cool, i cant wait to get mine installed, sorry o get OT on you! but yeah there are many ways to do it. Some wil argue about a RIGHT or "correct" way to do it, but really its what ever you are more comfortable with, feel free to IM me with any questions that you may have, i hope that this helped you a bit

Rob