Notices

catch can setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 02:15 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default catch can setup

im getting some good blowby out of my valve cover , i have my catch can hooked up one end from the pcv gonig to the catch can , then from the catch can to the IM . can i unhook the IM side and put it to the valve cover?
Old 04-24-2004, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: catch can setup (Hella_JDM)

you still need a vacuum source going to the catch can, so no you can't just hook up the IM side to the valve cover. A better solution would be to T of the hose going to the IM and hook it up to the valve cover.
Old 04-24-2004, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: catch can setup (Chillinit)

Why would you hook a vacuum source up to the valve cover? IF anything just get a breather filter becuase i dont think that you should have a vacuum hooked up.
Old 04-24-2004, 07:20 PM

Default Re: catch can setup (Hella_JDM)

Are you still using the stock separator box?

Old 04-24-2004, 10:53 PM

Default Re: catch can setup (kleefton)

when you install the catch can (Endyn) with the pcv valve, is it necessary to run a vacume source???
or can i just route the pcv valve back to the intake manifold???

sorry guys, im a little lost... and everyone seems to have a different opinion of how to install the thing, especially when using the pcv valve!!
Old 04-25-2004, 05:05 AM

Default Re: catch can setup (R THIS)

Well if you are just hooking it up to the pcv, then connect the input side of the catch can to the pcv and the other hose to what it was connected to before becuase that is a vacuum source.
I thought that you were hooking this up to your valve cover breather hose, which i am not sure but i dont think it should have vacuum and if it should i would think it would only be during throttle.
Old 04-25-2004, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: catch can setup (scatuli)

god i hate these post, there are like 4 already out there with 20 to 50 posts, one from myself

you need a vacuum to aid in the SUCKING of the oil and vapors from engine, the engine and crank case pressure isnt always enuff to get it all the way out and into the ccatch can, thats why vacuums always helps! also, dont use the intake manifold for a vacuum source becuase under boost then the manifold becomes POSITIVE pressure, then the air flow would reverse and go back into the crank case and not let any pressure out=not good.

i personally dont ave a vac. source because some **** still does get through the catch and i dont like it getting into my comb. cycle and chamber, so it jus vents out from a hose below the tranny. I have the hose coming from the seperator box to the catch can with a T in it tying the valve cover into it and then the return hose from the catch can is vented to the ground below. Intake manifold is capped off.

what u can do, and it illegal, if u dont run an o2 sensor and u have the bung open, just tack weld in a 45 degree fitting in the bung with the fitting (ONCE IN THE EX> PIPE) flowing towards the back of the car, then add the return line and you got a new vac. source. The exhuast gas flowing past the fitting makes for a vacuum source and isnt re routed back into your engine and intake! HTH
Old 04-25-2004, 08:57 AM

Default Re: catch can setup (wade)

i know the intake manifold is positive pressure under boost,

can i run the pcv valve on top of the endyn catch can and just have it vent to atmosphere??? or wil the pcv valve never open??

i know if i run the breather filter on top i can have it venting to atmosphere, but if the cops see the filter its a big ticket