Notices

car started......having issues!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car started......having issues!!!

Ok .. heres the deal... i just put my 14b on my 1.5L and started it up... I HAVE NO CHARGE PIPES ON YET...

the car seems to be running like **** ...its stumbling like its misfiring or something! ... Making lots of loud noise! .. lol ... Now i ask, could this have anything to do with the turbo??? Its really hard to tell where the noise was comming from cause i was running with just the O2 housing on, no exhaust..... so i couldnt really tell if the noises were in the turbo or coming out of the exhaust.

I figured the noise would be more high pitched if it was the fins of the turbo hitting or something. Hell i couldnt even see in to see if the turbo was spining. If the turbo wasnt spinning would it be enough to to choke the engine like that???

When it made the noise the motor would vibrate and shake with it .. like it was gonna stall or something .. the noise resembles a gurgling...

also, well ive never even been around turbos really before this .. but when i free reved the motor i expected to hear the turbine spinning and ****, and i didnt at all!.. Nothing .... i even laid a plastic bag on the compresor outlet and gave it a rev and it only really listed the bag like 2 inches ... i was expecting the turbo to be blowing like ******* crazy!, or is that not how it works?

the turbo and the manifold did look like it was smoking though ... but it looked as though they were just smoking on the outside, maybe from lots of handling with oily hands? I did not notice and smoke coming out of the exhaust or the compressor inlet or outlet, not did i see any oil ....

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH ME CAR/TURBO?

thanks guys!
Old 04-24-2005, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: car started......having issues!!! (92hatchattack)

why would you start your car with no charge pipes on and no exhaust on? I would think the car would make some noises
Old 04-24-2005, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: car started......having issues!!! (underpressure02)

checking for issues like oil leaks because i just put the oil lines in and wanted to make sure there were no problems before goin any further...
Old 04-25-2005, 03:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: car started......having issues!!! (92hatchattack)

up for the morning!