Notices

Car just recently started Shutting off while at idle(sometimes) what could it be???

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car just recently started Shutting off while at idle(sometimes) what could it be???

I have been boosted for like 6 months now. I am tuned by Hondata S200B and just the other day it started turning off out of the blue. For example, I am going to stop, so i push in the clutch and instead of sitting at 750 rpm it will shoot way down in the RPm's and my vacumm will go from 20 and decrease until it dies. Some times it will die sometimes it will just idle at say 200. The vacumm will be way down, at like 5 or 10. I havent changed anything recently. I have a MSD 6A and SS blaster Coil and the car runs same as always other than the fact that it will sometimes die.

Could it be the weather messing up my tune?
Maybe the Ignitor?
The Alternator?

I think the car is running rich when it starts to bog out b/c i can smell fuel sometimes when it does it...

Any help would be great

Thanks
Corey
Old 07-31-2003, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Car just recently started Shutting off while at idle(sometimes) what could it be??? (95c1v1cs1)

Check the idle control valve or possibly have you maybe bent some valves latley? Over revved at all?
Old 07-31-2003, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car just recently started Shutting off while at idle(sometimes) what could it be??? (95c1v1cs1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95c1v1cs1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have been boosted for like 6 months now. I am tuned by Hondata S200B and just the other day it started turning off out of the blue. For example, I am going to stop, so i push in the clutch and instead of sitting at 750 rpm it will shoot way down in the RPm's and my vacumm will go from 20 and decrease until it dies. Some times it will die sometimes it will just idle at say 200. The vacumm will be way down, at like 5 or 10. I havent changed anything recently. I have a MSD 6A and SS blaster Coil and the car runs same as always other than the fact that it will sometimes die.

Could it be the weather messing up my tune?
Maybe the Ignitor?
The Alternator?

I think the car is running rich when it starts to bog out b/c i can smell fuel sometimes when it does it...

Any help would be great

Thanks
Corey</TD></TR></TABLE>

go over the vacuum lines, maybe something came loose.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car just recently started Shutting off while at idle(sometimes) what could it be??? (1dumbassscr

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1dumbassscreenname &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

go over the vacuum lines, maybe something came loose. </TD></TR></TABLE>

wat he said!
Old 07-31-2003, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car just recently started Shutting off while at idle(sometimes) what could it be??? (1dumbassscr

check your ecu electical lines.. i had the same prob but i got a cel that wouldnt throw a code. i found out it was just some loose wires on my ecu. just check the connections. make sure all (if) your t taps are good.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Vaccum before was 20... Vacumm now is still 20 (when it is not doing this) After Driving it today, I realized it only happens when the car is first started up. Like the first 10 mins. After that it seems to be ok...

Anything else?

Someone mentioned bent valves... The car runs great. You would be able to tell if it had a bent valve correct?
Old 07-31-2003, 07:05 PM
Banned

fouled plugs????
Old 07-31-2003, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump...
Old 08-01-2003, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I checked all vacumm lines today and I didn't see any problems. I also took the positive cable on the battery to see if the Alternator was bad. No luck there. Has anyone got any ideas. It almost seems like the hot weather has affected my tune. My car used to do this everyonce in awhile on a hot start. Anyone with ideas, please throw them out.

Thanks
Corey
Old 08-05-2003, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I have been driving my car lightly b/c of this problem and the past few days i haven't had any problems. Tonight, i decided to get on it a bit and right after i did get on it... It started running funny(felt like it was running rich, A/F meter said it was running rich). So I checked to see if i put in the clutch it would die. Sure enough it did. Back to the same problem. I hit a light right after that and my vacumm just sat at 10(normal 20) and ran rich the whole time. I have had the worst gas milage that i have every had this week. I normally get 250 miles per tank, this week i only got 200. I haven't even been getting on it at all. I'm pretty sure it is somehow fuel related. Could it be my Fuel Pump or FPR? Maybe my main relay....

Thanks
Corey
Old 08-05-2003, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the same thing happens to me...but it only happens when my a/c is on and i'm running the afc hack...have you checked your plugs?
Old 08-05-2003, 10:04 PM

I'm thinkin check your ignition, Cap, rotor and coil or any Dist wiring. And your Fuel setup, My car was idling fine but sometimes the car would die. So I checked the A/F gauge and i was way to rich at idle, so i decreased some fuel using a S-AFR and sure enough thats was the problem. Hopefully this helps it helped me
Old 08-06-2003, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for the morning crew
Old 08-06-2003, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my del sol was in an accident, and messed up some radiator fan wiring. So, whenever the fan tries to kick on, the car does exactly what you are describing. Just another thing to check among the long list...
Old 08-06-2003, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well i did one more test today... My car was acting up this morning so i decided to pop the hood and look at the Fuel Pressure. It was tuned to be at 41psi(Static 50). Anyway, looking at it today.... While it was acting up it was at 48(static 55). It seems to level out at 41psi when idleing good. Like i posted above, it seemed to be running rich... A/F in Rich;bogging at idle, Poor Gas Milage... Do you think my AEM FPR took a crap on me??? My fuel pressure is suppoesed to be at 41 and it was all the way up at 48 at idle...

Thanks for the input-
Corey
Old 08-06-2003, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95c1v1cs1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well i did one more test today... My car was acting up this morning so i decided to pop the hood and look at the Fuel Pressure. It was tuned to be at 41psi(Static 50). Anyway, looking at it today.... While it was acting up it was at 48(static 55). It seems to level out at 41psi when idleing good. Like i posted above, it seemed to be running rich... A/F in Rich;bogging at idle, Poor Gas Milage... Do you think my AEM FPR took a crap on me??? My fuel pressure is suppoesed to be at 41 and it was all the way up at 48 at idle...

Thanks for the input-
Corey</TD></TR></TABLE>

Please... Thanks
Old 08-06-2003, 03:55 PM

what injectors are you running??? i have rc 440's and when i first start my car it does the same thing...its like they need to warm up or something weird. After it is running for like 10 min. it stops....i dont know why but i just deal with it.
Old 08-09-2003, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well it turned out to be a wiring Issue. The Map sensor was not getting the correct reading for some reason... I just wanted to let everyone know that I figured it out.

arsenaldragster

Thanks
Corey