Notices

building a turbo kit..what do i need to do

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default building a turbo kit..what do i need to do

ok this will be going on my 1990 accord with H22A swap, what do i need to do, and what extras do i need to get? basically all i know now is the turbo, intercooler, exhaust mainifold/header, downpipe, and what types of pipeing would i need and what fuel line setups? thanks for any help
Old 09-30-2002, 03:06 PM

Default Re: building a turbo kit..what do i need to do (Triumphant)

ok this will be going on my 1990 accord with H22A swap, what do i need to do, and what extras do i need to get? basically all i know now is the turbo, intercooler, exhaust mainifold/header, downpipe, and what types of pipeing would i need and what fuel line setups? thanks for any help
You are going to need:

Assuming you already have a high performance clutch Stage 3 or better If its a CM,

You will def need Blow Off Valve, Wastegate, Injectors, Fuel Pump, Oil Return and Feed lines, Intercooler piping, Charge pipe with BOV flange, Vaccum lines, Silicon Reducers, Boost Gauge, A/F guage and/or EGT gauge and likely a boost controller...and I probably forgot something I cant think of right now. If you dont go with a standalone (AEM EMS, SpeedPro, Hondata) then you will need to get an FMU and a VAFC or SAFC and likely check valves or a missing link.

I would also suggest you build your motor or get an Inline Pro thick headgasket

You just need to figure out if you are going to go standalone or AFC hack or AFC to mess with fuel or what? There are so many options. Standalone being the best.

Some may argue that some of this stuff isn't needed to make a turbo car run which is true, but you should do it right the first time and save money in the long run.

[Modified by Elite Hatch, 7:08 PM 9/30/2002]
Old 10-01-2002, 09:22 AM

Default Re: building a turbo kit..what do i need to do (Triumphant)

save $ and plan on having another car to get around in while ur working on yours. u will spend the $ on a bunch of little parts and the time on working out the bugs.