Notices

BOV Question? HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 BOV Question? HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

Ok i may have a stupid qusetion but i have a gsr teg boosted and i was wondering something. ok i want to be sitting still or at idle and hit my gas and then so you could here my blowoff valve. i don't want to have to go down the road just so you can here it. i have got a 50mm tial bov right now. but i want to know what i can do so i can mash on my gas in neutral or at idle and you here my blow off valve. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:28 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: BOV Question? HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

The reason you cant smash the gas pedal and ativate your BOV at idle is because the car isnt under any load. Well there is a load but not enough to engage BOV. The BOV only opens when it sees positive pressure. And if you have a boost gauge you would see that at the most you will hit a couple psi if you hit rev limiter but not enough to make your bov be loud enough to justify putting the stress on your motor.

My greddy type S has a second nipple for exhaust pressure to allow for more precise opening of the valve. I have found this makes my bov a lot more responsive but your still not going to witness enough load...
Old 03-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That type of thinking is why many Honda guys get little respect. Beyondstock is right though, most cars wont build enough boost not being under load.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by honda_fan06
ok i want to be sitting still or at idle and hit my gas and then so you could here my blowoff valve.
time to go buy a wrx

Originally Posted by ScorpionT
That type of thinking is why many Honda guys get little respect. Beyondstock is right though, most cars wont build enough boost not being under load.
x2
Old 03-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

technically thats not true and i didn't start this thread to get smart ellec responses but on you tube there is a turbo gsr teg ideling and hits his gas and has bov response. and there are other hondas that have that same sound. so if thats the case of it not building enough pressure then why does the srt4's make that sound a turbo is basically all the same on any car. And what i was getting at was is the hks blow off valve good also? i thought about buying one but was wanting to know peoples opinion.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it's hard to spool a larger turbo at idle b/c lack of load on motor. i.e srt4's stock turbo not so big.