Notices

bosch injector installation questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default bosch injector installation questions

hey guys.

for those of you that are using ID/bosch style injectors i was wondering what combination of adapters/rail spacers/o-rings you are using. im trying to switch out my RC750cc injectors for the bosch EV1 style injector. these are going in a B-series AEBS manifold.

so far i found out that the EV1 injector will fall right into the manifold unless there is a correct size/style manifold rubber seal. the seal that the RC injector uses is no good...the new injector will push right thru it easily.

so far i managed to install them with the OEM honda base manifold injector. no injector top adapters like T1 provides with their ID injectors and i had to add spacers between the rail and manifold.

and while i have them installed and idling it does not seem to be installed correct and i don't want the injector to be pushed out of the seals causing a fuel leak. and i don't want to tighten the rail so hard that the injector will push right into the manifold...

does anyone have and close up pictures of their ID/Bosch injectors installed? do i need to use the injector top adapters?

thanks
Old 03-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: bosch injector installation questions

here are a few pics of my injectors installed right now...
Attached Images    
Old 03-13-2010, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the ID 725 in my B18C. For them to go in correctly you should be using the factory spacers on the manifold. Using the RC ones is no good they will as you have said fall right through. If you dont have those spacers or your original ones are worn out or modified just pick up some new ones. Once they are in there they should fit perfect. I know when i got mine i was a little confused at first also just because they are different than most all the other injectors on the market but get the new rubber seal and spacer and you should be fine. You can also get rid of the spacer on your manifold for the fuel rail dont need those.

Just to clarify thought if you didnt get them from T1 did they come with the billet spacers for your type motor?? Also T1 sells the billet adapters and pigtails for this seperate incase you need them. Hope this helps......
Old 03-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how about the fuel rail spacers...did you have to use those also?

i have the adapter tops but i cant seem to fit them into the rail...they seem kinda tight....i will try again if i have to use them.

also the lower injector seal and manifold seat cushion...does the injector have to press right into it? or does it have to seat like i have it pictured above?
Old 03-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by non-VTEC
how about the fuel rail spacers...did you have to use those also?

i have the adapter tops but i cant seem to fit them into the rail...they seem kinda tight....i will try again if i have to use them.

also the lower injector seal and manifold seat cushion...does the injector have to press right into it? or does it have to seat like i have it pictured above?
Fuel rail spacers no, rubber cusions and spacers on the manifold it self yes. The tips of these will go completely down into the manifold up to the black part of the injector and should be nice and tight after you tighten down the fuel rail. And yes they will be tight you should put some vasiline or another lube on the oring so not to tear it. Ill try to post some pics of mine later today for ya......
Old 03-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok i think i got it.....some pics would be cool if you can get them.....i think i just need to remove the rail spacers i have and just tighten them down until the injector o-ring presses thru the cushion and rests to the body of the injector like you said....i'm wondering if i can get away with doing that without having to use the adapter tops?