Notices

Boosting?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boosting?

So yeah, I finally got some of the components I need to boost my civic..
I got the Turbo, the manifold, wastegate, and a dezod intercooler and pipe kit (sorta expensive ...)

What else am i going to HAVE to have before I start putting all this on aside from an oil feed, and something to balalnce air and fuel.

my buddy who was assisting me with this in town knows tuning, but isn't to familiar with a custom turbo kit on non turbo vehicle... and the last thing we want to do is blow up my engine..

This is a 2001 civic coupe btw.. D17a2 engine...

Please help?
Old 03-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Boosting?

well i strongly recommend a real tune not a vafc or fmu get something a local tuner can work with aem ems or hondata ,
besides that fuel delivery the oem injectors wont do much, you could pick up some dsm 450 pretty cheap

2 bar map sensor what ever your goals are if you decide to boost more than 10 pounds

most important to keep in mind worry about your tune then start playing around
Old 03-29-2010, 05:05 PM

yeah... by fellow airman here has 2 Talons... He is lucky and found a 90 TSi stick for 400 bucks that needed some wires put in the right spot... he swapped his build on his old talon into it and has a vette killer..

Glad to see another serviceman...

He is going to give me injectors if we can clean them out in our workcenter..
he wanted to tune it with off the Exhaust Gas Temp... but i think i'd blow something up without the needed electronics and such.

The fuel pump is no biggie.. but I am thinking I have another 2-3k going into this for about 50 horsepower....

Glad to see another service member is down with honda stuff.

I get laughed at all the time..
All the pissant airmen here are wrecking their credit buying STI's and WRX's and pontiac GTO'd here at Malmstrom AFB..

I love my EM2 too much to sell it and I own it outright so I wanna beef it up..

I got a feeling a new clutch... pistons.. cams... rings... rods.. valves and all that are going to come into the equation.. real fast lol

so where's 29 palms?
Old 03-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its in cali but im on the uss peleliu of the coast of cali floating around lol.

ive been the honda game 4 bout 8 years now but im still a noob i think, hey man dnt tune it that way its deff not worth it youll just end up with heart ache trust me check out
phearable.net john vega there will hook you up,he got me a s300 that the base map was so good the tuner hardly changed any thing not to mention he got it to me in 2 days

not to mention the airmen probally are 20 gs in debt when my 3thousand dallor dd smokes most wrxs lol
Old 03-29-2010, 05:41 PM

cool beans man. keep an eye out for a Lt Thomas Griffin.. Not sure where he is now.. It's usually classified.. He's a naval officer I went through school with.

yeah and some Dips**** noob dropped 18k on a RHD "400hp unmodded 93 RX-7" (riiiight) and has been getting wrecked at what the kids here race called "the bridge.."

I'll probably have to goto oregon or washington state to have it professionally tuned...
it will start out at 8lbs of boost though.. i'll check that site out.. thanks man