Notices

boosted integra question this is been bothering me for a while

Old 01-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boosted integra question this is been bothering me for a while

About 3 months ago, I sucked up water into my 95 gsr, a week later its slung a rod out the block. My question is this, from what I can tell the head looks fine the motor had 161k on it was N/A up until it blew up. A part of me wants to buy a jdm gsr and boost it, but the place that im lookin buying my swap from wants 2450 for a jdm gsr but all my friends tell me it would be better and cheaper to build my own motor is there any way i could use the head as it sits with that many miles?
plus im kind of afraid of the ls/vtec motors I've heard there not as reliabe as the b18c1 im using this car as a daily driver, I used to be into racing and ragging my car out. But now i just want a reliable boosted teg I hadn't really planned on boosting it over 8 psi daily I have about 6000 to spend Iwas also looking at buying a rev hard or drag kit new or used since greddy only makes kits for obd2 cars,
any comments will be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: boosted integra question this is been bothering me for a while (Teinman)

build your own. It might not be cheaper in the begining but in the long run you will prob be happier. And it will prob be a bit more dependable. Is your block trash? Did the rod actually come out of the block?
Old 01-17-2005, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: boosted integra question this is been bothering me for a while (underpressure02)

yea it came out and stabbed the radiator
Old 01-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: boosted integra question this is been bothering me for a while (Teinman)

I'd say rebuild it instead of buying a new one. If you buy a new one what condition is that motor going to be in? It might seem fine but you never know, it's one of those chances you take. If you rebuild and find a junk block that needs work then rebuild it to your standards then you'll know how reliable your motor is.

Also if you know what your looking for then piecing your own kit with almost the same parts should cost less than just buying a whole kit. Just my 2 vents but good luck.