Notices

Boosted guys...how do you stay out of trouble with the law?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boosted guys...how do you stay out of trouble with the law?

I see all those posts on here with videos of street racing and just driving fast on the street, so Im wondering, how do all of you guys stay out of trouble with these 200+whp cars? It seems like many of these guys would have gotten major tickets by now, but I get the feeling that most people in here dont get caught very often.

Share your experiences with your turbocharged honda and the police.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Boosted guys...how do you stay out of trouble with the law? (DC_andrew)

Just watch were you doing it at. Dont be stupid by doing it in a neighbor hood,parking lot or a busy street.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Boosted guys...how do you stay out of trouble with the law? (redturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dont be stupid.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nuff said.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Boosted guys...how do you stay out of trouble with the law? (0x64)

Exactly
Old 07-05-2004, 01:14 PM

Sounds simple enough.

That one video that was posted a week or so ago showed this boosted GSR just mashin on it through neighborhoods and the like...Im really surprised people dont get caught when doing things like that.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DC_andrew)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC_andrew &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds simple enough.

That one video that was posted a week or so ago showed this boosted GSR just mashin on it through neighborhoods and the like...Im really surprised people dont get caught when doing things like that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

they do, they just dont post up the vids showing how badly they get p3ned and then subjucted to body cavity searches.

drive like a sane person and you'll have no problems.

a fast car does not give you licence to drive like a madman.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:42 PM

just take it to a street legal track. it's as simple as that.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:53 PM
H-T White Ops

Don't drive like a dipshit. You're already driving a 160HP WEAPON which is dangerous enough. Now you double the HP in that thing and it's like going from a .22 to a 12 gauge shotgun. Just gotta learn to be more responsible with it. Dipshits should not be allowed to drive.
Old 07-05-2004, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (IslandSi)

i just get a lot of speeding tickets..

actually i have never been pulled over with my turboed civic. just on my gixxer. I usally just cruise around in my civic and race it at the track
Old 07-05-2004, 03:31 PM

Default Re: (pip9)

Since I was 15 with my permit to now that I'm about to turn 21 in Oct I haven't got one ticket ever, why you ask? I don't sit there a race every rice on the road revving at me
Old 07-05-2004, 03:41 PM

Default Re: (9psiTurboSI)

First, know the area you are in. If you understand the area/cops in your area then you should be all set. Just spot speed or whatever, I go the speedlimit or so until I just feel the urge to nail on it. My car gets cop attention going the speed limit and doing nothing at all.

Second, don't just race every ricer that comes up next to you and don't take every single person you have ever known for a ride just because they want one. This will help out a lot. I think i've been revved at my every car in my town now and i've only raced about 4-5 of them because none of them would have done anything but watched me accelerate. Or just tap the pedal and let them know there is no chance. When you see a corvette, camaro, mustang or another turbo car then you take your chances, other then that drive safe.

Its really not that hard to stay around the speed limit, the hardest part is just dealing with the urge sometimes to just nail on it all the way to redline through each gear, thats what it is tough. If you can overcome that then you should be all set.

Another thing is just getting lucky or catching breaks.

Plus having a track near by sort of cures that.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:04 PM
New User

Default Re: (patdemps)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=916088
Old 07-05-2004, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (psileepR)

I never got a ticket with my turbo teg. I actually got a ticket with my current setup, and it's a ton slower than it was before. Just because I had the power didn't mean that I needed to mash on the gas everywhere I went. Also, with gas prices now, why would you want to drive faster than 70mph?
Old 07-05-2004, 07:40 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 220 Likes on 197 Posts
Default Re: Boosted guys...how do you stay out of trouble with the law? (DC_andrew)

I only race someone on the big roads (mostly freeways) because "red-light specials" are not that fun anymore..... plus it is FREAKIN' Dangerous because there is always some idiot out there that will pull out in front of you when you get near.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Boosted guys...how do you stay out of trouble with the law? (NVturbo)

I agree with most of the above.

For example, my friend, an idiot, see's every car on the road as some sort of challenge to him. If someones just getting closer in the rear view on the highway (say 10mph+) he see's it as a need to jam the throttle down and near 100mph+...why? i don't know.

Don't show of when you have someone in the car. Me personally thinks less of you and wishes you wouldn't drive like a retard and i actually usually duck my head so the cars we're passing don't see me. its embarassing to be in the car with someone who's weaving threw traffic and tailgating cars with families together just to jump a spot ahead only to stop at the red light side by side.

your not in some movie. don't act like your living out some dream world when your driving around.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just dont be stupid and wreckless