Notices

Boosted B18C Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boosted B18C Help!!!

Hey, i m new to this board, well not new but just registered...

I have done searchs on all parts i need but im still iffy about some parts of my build, as i dont want to damage my motor after install..

Car: 92 Hatch
Engine: JDM B18C (GSR)
Tranny: JDM R (4.785)

My restrictions for right now as i m in school...
i DO NOT want to build internals yet, but have seen some outstanding dynos on stock GSR.. and i m hoping to shoot for 240-280whp

My options for the turbo are either between
T3, 60/63 or 48/60 (Any suggestions)
Manifold i have taken care of as well as IC, and that

as for FMU, i have read alot of things, from the AFC hack to hondata (which i cant afford) i m wondering what time of fmu i should use, i see alot of ppl using crome, uberdat, but i also see ppl using afc hack with the ignition map retarded to comp for the the what is being done on the afc side... suggestions?

I also might want to lower my compression by changing headgaskets, is this recommend? Because the JDM gsr has slightly higher compression should i lower it with a different headgasket to be safe and are there any recomendations on which head gasket i should use...

Or r there any suggested setups i should look more into, other then the one i have somewhat laid out....

As for my tranny, i have also read that the OEM LSD from honda do not like over 200whp is this true??? i believe i read this in only one or two post which i have found no more information about... would a Quaife LSD recommened for my goals?

Thanks to all H-T members in advanced for information to hopefully my succesful boosted eg

Old 09-30-2005, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Boosted B18C Help!!! (92jdmx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92jdmx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My restrictions for right now as i m in school...

as for FMU, i have read alot of things, from the AFC hack to hondata (which i cant afford) i m wondering what time of fmu i should use, i see alot of ppl using crome, uberdat, but i also see ppl using afc hack with the ignition map retarded to comp for the the what is being done on the afc side... suggestions?

I also might want to lower my compression by changing headgaskets, is this recommend? Because the JDM gsr has slightly higher compression should i lower it with a different headgasket to be safe and are there any recomendations on which head gasket i should use...

Or r there any suggested setups i should look more into, other then the one i have somewhat laid out....

As for my tranny, i have also read that the OEM LSD from honda do not like over 200whp is this true??? i believe i read this in only one or two post which i have found no more information about... would a Quaife LSD recommened for my goals?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd recommend good engine management (Hondata, uberdata, chrome, ect). If you can't afford good management now, how will you afford buying a new motor when the one you have now dies? AFC hack can have good results, but it's imperitive that you know EXACTLY what you're doing with it, how it reacts under boost, and all the variables. You won't be able to just slap it on and run with it without problems in the future.

I wouldn't worry about changing the headgasket, it won't help that much as a cost vs safety/performance ratio. The transmission should be fine as well, as long as you don't dump your clutch...think smooth release of the clutch, not sidestepping the pedal and you should be alright.

Again, if you can't afford good engine management with a GOOD tuner, then you can't afford to turbo your car. If it takes 6 months to save up, it's worth it.

Good luck!
Old 09-30-2005, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Boosted B18C Help!!! (SJP0tato)

pony up the dough for Hondata, chrome, uberdata whatever......

Engine management is the most important part of your setup.

Stock LSD will hold over 300whp, I have 311whp right now, stock LSD and I beat the sheit out of it.

forget headgasket, just leve motor alone, slap on turbo system with a good engine management, and get it tuned immediately.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Boosted B18C Help!!! (mike1114)

I agree with everyone, no matter how much money you dump into the motor without it being tuned and having a good management system you will have nothing. Building the motor only makes potential power, tuning is where you get your real power at. Save up and buy the Hondata, AEM, or whatever you chose. It will be the best investment you do.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Boosted B18C Help!!! (RedlineKustomz)

if he does get a fuel management. you will need injectors too.
i recommend getting a chipped p28 with chrome or uberdata and a used set of 450cc injectors