Notices

boost on stock b20b questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost on stock b20b questions

ok so just had a few questions never boosted a honda did a lot of googling but just kept reading HT posts from like 2004-2006 so thought i would start my own post I'm building an all motor setup b20b gsr head fully built from old school power speed guys bill gude did head and custom cams and port matched intake manifold and everything. jason whitfield will tune it eventually. almost done with that motor just need a few more things. but my friend needed some money and sold me his t3t4 turbo kit for 200 bucks never been used. so i bought it just because it was so cheap and I've always wanted to boost. so i want to slap it on my crx i have an obd1 converted b20b with gsr hydro tranny. the turbo doesn't even have a brand name on it it just has a little plate saying turbocharger
type to4e
part n.o t3/t4
and serial number
stainless steel turbo mani down pipe blow off wastegate and everything
its a godspeed super intercooler which i know is ebay and ebay sucks and i know everyone on here pretty much hates them but i already have it and it was dirt cheap so whatever. worst case scenario is i blow a 600 dollar motor and use the parts i need to finish my built motor. oil pan misc bolts etc.
so my questions are…
I'm only trying to run like 6-8 psi nothing crazy i have 370cc rc injectors for my built motor would those be enough for about 7 psi of boost? I'm not looking to make a ton of power like 180-220 something around there and also would the stock fuel pump work and obviously i know i should get one and probably bigger injectors but my? is will these work? I'm trying to slap this thing on for the least amount of money possible.
also would i need arp head studs or could it work without them? i have arps already for my built motor but don't want to use them unless i have to. i have a good clutch on there is there anything i would need? or can i just slap it on and get a tune? o yeah and can i just buy like a pre programmed ecu again obviously its better to get a real tune but trying to save money tunes are pretty expensive.
any help/ advice is much appreciated thanks for taking the time to read this.

Last edited by hondata760; 03-28-2015 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: boost on stock b20b questions

you will need a 255hp LPH fuel pump and a way to tune it at the very least.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dark_Teg
you will need a 255hp LPH fuel pump and a way to tune it at the very least.
Thanks for responding man I appreciate it. 63 views and only 1 reply. Ok so I should be good with a 255 walbro fuel pump and a good tune? Stock head studs will hold up for that hp range? Stock fuel pump just won't cut it?
Old 03-28-2015, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hondata760
Thanks for responding man I appreciate it. 63 views and only 1 reply. Ok so I should be good with a 255 walbro fuel pump and a good tune? Stock head studs will hold up for that hp range? Stock fuel pump just won't cut it?
Correct, also don't worry about psi of boost. The boost amount will be what ever it takes to reach your hp goal doesn't matter if it's 6 or 10 psi.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok cool. I went on the walbro website and the fuel pump says for 89-91 but mines an 88 hf. U think that one will work. Ef is 88-91 so idk why it says 89-91. Or do u know another good brand fuel pump u would recommend?

And if anyone else has any advice/recommendations I would like to hear them. I want to get as much info as possible. Thanks
Old 03-29-2015, 02:21 PM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

My advice is that you need to do some more research then ask questions.

https://honda-tech.com/forced-induct...2A%2A-1024174/
Old 03-29-2015, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Tuning:
Xenocron Tuning: Hondata S300 Tuning Package(Hondata S300 Unit, OBD1 VTEC ECU, MAC Solenoid Kit, PWM Boost Components pre-installed) #[s300-ecu-pwm]

fuel needs:
Xenocron Tuning: Bosch 1000cc High Impedance Injectors and Walbro 255 lph High Pressure Fuel Pump Combo - B-Series, K-Series, H-Series, S2000, D-Series

if at any point money becomes a problem, which i already see, you should probably stay n/a. go fast parts arnt cheap!! lol

OR

work with whatever the hell you have and just run it until it blows. lol fuhh it
Old 03-29-2015, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by OneBadTurboCRV
My advice is that you need to do some more research then ask questions.

https://honda-tech.com/forced-induct...2A%2A-1024174/
Definitely not looking for that advice or any advice from a douche that drives a turbo crv but thanks. I had 2 simple questions will my injectors work and will my fuel pump work for my hp goal. I've read a bunch of stuff online and everyone says different stuff. So if you don't have any real advice than just don't post.

Thanks for the real advice other 2 guys. I'm only looking for 180-220 hp will the 370s work? 1000 cc seems like way to much for that hp goal. And the tuning is not a problem Jason Whitfield will handle all that I have an ecu he is gonna use already. And it's not that money is a problem but I just want to slap this thing on for now until I feel like putting that motor together. I don't really care if I blow this 600 dollar motor because then I can use the parts off it for my real project.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ahh yes, i remember when i was 17. must be how the op feels at the moment. if thats the case then you have an excuse. if you are older than that, your fucked.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by blackeg
ahh yes, i remember when i was 17. must be how the op feels at the moment. if thats the case then you have an excuse. if you are older than that, your fucked.
Yeah turbo crv must be 17. His advice is as lame as his suv. He's either a kid or a hater (or both most likely)
Old 03-29-2015, 08:31 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh shut the hell up. You know absolutely nothing, which is obvious, and instead of putting in just a modicum of effort, you come to us, hands turned up, begging. As soon as someone hands you the spoon and tells you where the bowl is, instead of going and feeding yourself, you get shitty with him. Do you want us to spoon feed you? Do you want us to come and build the car, tune it, and drive it for you, too? That's not how it works. That's not how LIFE works. Injector sizing is easy. Fuel pump sizing is easy. There are two links in the FAQ sticky that tell you everything you need to know. Stop thinking you're a special little entitled snowflake, and go do some reading.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Op, your questions are simple questions that could be figured out very simply by reading. Yes a lot of times there are mixed answers but those can be weeded through by looking at build threads and what work. You want answers from those with experience but those people are not going to coddle you so rather than being juvenile, take what they graciously give and educate yourself!!!
Old 03-30-2015, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah turbo crv must be 17. His advice is as lame as his suv. He's either a kid or a hater (or both most likely)

no, no, you're the one thats 17 and he is the one that knows what you dont which is the entire reason you asked and made this post in the first place....

use the fuel injector sizing from rc injectors website its pretty good.

also sounds like you have yourself one of those ebay turbochargers. sell it to one of your ricer friends and go buy a used name brand one. look on craigslist find something local. when u go to buy it stick your finger in the inlet and grab the shaft right on the nut. if it can move from the compressor side to the exhaust side pass it buy and get another one. and for the love of god, read. stay up late and read.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow thanks guys. You can shuffle thru tons of **** online for different setups than what I have different hp goals different injectors different everything or I could ask 2 simple question which the first guy answered just fine. So I would rather get specific answers for my size injectors. But it's cool if you guys want to be douche bags go ahead. Bunch of haters.That's what Honda tech is for right ask questions? 2 simple questions for my specifics injectors and my specific hp goal. A lot easier than weeding thru unlimited amounts of different answers you can find online. So use your retarded head before posting dumb ****. 2 people posted perfectly good answers with no problems then all you f4gs had to start hating for no reason.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's a honda, rest assured knowing you are not the first build of your kind. Your answers could have been answered on your own with some simple mathematics. This tech forum is a data based full of information for you to gather and use not for snot nose little kids still wet behind the ears to clutter up the forum with senseless thread full of questions that have already been answered because your too lazy to find on your own. The only douche would be you my friend getting ignorant with people that have forgot more than you will ever grasp. It is these people that will remember this thread the next time you post and actually need help, they will skip it and leave your fate up to the newbs that have no business attempting to answer your questions. Good luck!!!
Old 03-30-2015, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Definitely not looking for that advice or any advice from a douche that drives a turbo crv but thanks
after a remark like that it just shows how much of an ignorant little **** ***** you are......

do you have any idea how much more difficult it is to build a CRV over your avg Civics/ Integra's thats built right (minus your ebay list of garbage afforded by your part-time box boy job at Walmart) and build it for boost which im sure if you ask he could give you a breakdown of building and tuning techniques only a man (not a teen-aged fanboy) could elaborate on....

but you would probably take offense to the info provided if he did have the time to elaborate on this so please do us a favor and carry on at another forum where the age grouping is more in your arena where nobody will flame you for wanting to build a replica wannabe riced out CRX with your no-name "t3/t4" China charger that'll lean your motor on the first boost spike when the no-name waste gate fails to open while your under fueling your half build B20 on an OEM pump + your 370cc injectors.......
Old 03-30-2015, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hahahahah aha hahahahaha wow these are the best answers I have ever got on HT. Lol you guys are too funny. It was 2 simples questions and look at how mad your all getting. Because I'm clowning on a gay *** crv because he wanted to leave a lame comment. I don't care how hard it is to built that thing because it's still a piece of **** crv. Lol. Wow. That's all I can say. Hahahahah you guys are a joke. "Just go look thru endless info on the Internet that millions of people have posted already to get info of builds nothing like mine with way different hp goals and different injectors different everything" that's sounds fun. Not really that sounds dumb as F***. Or I could ask 2 simple questions about my injectors my hp goal my motor my cheap turbo kit and get some specific answers. I but I'm cluttering your forum? I'm sorry but 75% of the posts on here are questions. So if my questions are dumb then just don't answer and go answer some better questions. I read and read info and I obviously know what I should do. But I just wanted to see what a few other people would think. people like the first guy who answered the questions just fine. not douche bags like you who get mad at people for asking questions. None of you douche bags should even answer to posts on HT if all your gonna do is hate. I don't really care what you guys are saying. And you think your lame comments are gonna make me leave HT. You can go to another forum if you don't like it. Cause I see way dumber question than that on here. So why don't you guys just go hate on somebody else. Haters just shouldn't post on HT.
Hahahahah so keep wasting your time hating on my simple questions I love it. You guys obviously have nothing better to do. I want to see how many more haters can post hate on 2 very simple questions. Lol
Old 03-30-2015, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks a lot for your answers dark_teg and yungkhmer I appreciate it. Simple answers for I guess a dumb question thanks.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry to whoever I offended with my dumb questions. You can stop hating now