Notices

boost and spray

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost and spray

when people are talking about spraying to spool up the turbo, do they spray the whole time or do they stop once the turbo is at full boost. also how does spray spool up the turbo. are those FMIC spray devices all that good?
Old 07-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: boost and spray (Speed Infliction)

anybody?
Old 07-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's fun. Do it.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Joseph Davis)

can you please explain the process
Old 07-13-2006, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Speed Infliction)

You spray the nitrous, it enters the engine, you go wheee!11

Bro, you can google a basic nitrous FAQ and figure this out yourself. It's just another way of ingesting extra oxygen into the engine, like an artificial bump in displacement. How does that affect spool?

You'll also find out it's somewhat volatile and runs the chamber hot... I know people spraying throughout the boosted powerband in the 400+ whp range on pumpgas with B-series, but I think they are crazy. Most people set up the normal window switches that a sensible nitrous setup comes with, and have the nitrous cut off at 2/3rds the desired boost level.

Now, I've told you a bunch of ****, but you still don't know anything more about nitrous than you did when you made this post. Did I make you happy? Probably. Am I happy with this situation? Not remotely. You need to search a basic FAQ, search this forum, lurk nitrous.info, etc, and THINK about it a lot and play with how it works in your head before you go ******* around. Some people are bright and can jump into something like this with good results, but most people fall on their face... even some of the bright ones! ******* around with boost + nitrous without haveing a VERY good idea of the basics is a great way to blow up every motor you touch.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what about spraying the intercooler. how good is that
Old 07-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's more expensive than good, IMO. I'd run carbon dioxide before nitrous for just that reason... actually, I'd rig up water injection before I'd worry about any of that crap.

At the drag strip, it's pretty sweet to have a friend with a CO2 fire extinguisher to spray down your front end between passes. The rest of the time... bleh. You are seriously not going to be able to lay down the power you can make on the street without a fancypants IC sprayer setup... so why bother?
Old 07-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spraying the intercooler only cool down the charged air, I have it on my car, I sprayed while sitting at idle and it dropped my air temperature by 55 degrees f. , I think it would have done more if I was moving. but thats all it do, nothing more maybe if you your filter is close to the intercooler you might get a whiff in the motor.
nx claims that it gives about 55 extra hp but I havent dynoed it to find out if its true. but its great it actually freezes the intercooler you can see frost on it

Modified by rudebwoy at 7:39 PM 7/14/2006
Old 07-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rudebwoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rudebwoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I sprayed while sitting at idle and it dropped my air temperature bu 55 degrees</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sitting at idle the IM and suchlike is heatsoaked - but not the IC. I typically log 130+ degreees IAT... as soon as you do 30+ mph the IATs fall right in line.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well the reason i asked is because i already have nitrous installed in my car and wanted to know what i could do with the turbo setup i am putting together