Notices

boost scramble?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost scramble?

im trying to find a way to temporarily raise boost pressure to a higher level. ive heard of boost scramble but have no experience with it. i am trying to not spend an arm and a leg here, what options are available?
Old 08-31-2010, 01:08 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: boost scramble?

mainly "scramble" can be used one of several ways:

1) With an EBC like a GReddy or Blitz, there is an actual button that switches from low to high setting (which you determine what the setting will be). On the Blitz, there is an option to use a count down timer once activated to temporarily be on the high setting. then after that time has been completed, will automatically go back to the Lower setting.

2) MBC - Dual stage boost controller, that has two devices. One for low boost setting, the other for high boost setting. a toggle switch would be included and you would manually switch from lower boost to higher boost with one flick. Again, both boost pressures need to be tuned in from your managment so that you can simply switch over.

Turbo XS makes one - about $200 or so

3) Hondata Boost control settings - Through the computer, one has the ability to change from a lower to higher setting.

According to Hondata "Boost may be fixed, or varied by gear, with two settings which allow for wet/dry, pump/race gas or street tire/slicks settings to be selected with an external switch."

They also have some FAQs.
Do I need my existing manual or electronic boost controller?
No, the s300 boost control output replaces both types of boost controller. All you need is the ECU modified and a boost control solenoid.

How do I add the components to the ECU?
Either Hondata or your dealer can add the components to the ECU. See the OBD1 ECU Socketing form. The ECU components can be installed by the dealers.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Shodan...Sorry to steal this thread but still relevant I am having a problem with reaching target boost in second gear.We are using s300. First gear is ok, building about 13lbs on launch third hits goal and spikes a little same in fourth.Set second gear to 28lbs only hits 24lbs would like to turn it up more but won't no matter what we tried.The tuner came with us to the track and couldn't get it to respond....any thoughts
Old 08-31-2010, 08:01 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Let's give the thread back to the OP, but quick answer to your question. Find out what spring you have in there. If anything less than a 10psi spring is in the wastegate, chances are you maxed it out.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah im guessing a small spring in that setup too. To OP a dual stage mbc will be your cheapest but EBC is going to give you better control and through hondata would be optimal for cheap. solenoid is about 75 bucks and the parts for ecu arent much maybe 15 bucks through xenocron. I love my boost by gear. perfect traction on the street every gear except 1st but thats to be expected