Notices

BOOST PROBLEMS??

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOOST PROBLEMS??

please help, i dont know why but when i adjust the SAFC2 it will affect car but when i drive in boost for while it seems not to work anymore, and the settings dont affect the car ideal or anything . it works again when i turn off car and start back up. i cant really go into boost or safc2 seems to go off, and once im in 0 or above it feels like bogging or something.... i dont know whats wrong.. please help.. injectors, there stock. fuel filter ? i havent changed it. Before i took everything off this started happening. then i put everything back on after emmisions and this is happening. please help i dont know whats wrong..
Old 05-05-2006, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BOOST PROBLEMS?? (0618turbocivic)

when you go into boost more air is being introduced into your engine, thus needing more fuel, a safc can do this for you but you will need bigger injectors,

here are the only ways you can go from least to best

1 fmu no need for bigger injectors
2 s/v afc and bigger injectors
3 chipped ecu/ stand alone fuel management and bigger injectors

Old 05-05-2006, 08:34 PM

Default Re: BOOST PROBLEMS?? (exotik4doorcivic)

yes, i know that but arent the stock injectors good for at least 6-8psi? thats all i have right now, i have 450cc but i havent put them in yet. What im saying is that this didnt happen in the begginning, but now when in boost after while it seems like the SAFC2 cuts off because it doesnt do anything to the ideal or anything. i dont know whats wrong, but when i turn off car it runs fine again till i go into boost for a while then runs like crap
Old 05-06-2006, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

first of all you need those injectors put in asap!! i would not even drive the car untill you put those in

when you run a turbo your introducing more air into your car but you have no extra fuel to compinsate,

the safc tricks the map sensor making it think that there is no boost, if it sees boost then it will throw a code, you can run 4-6 psi on a fmu with stock injectors if you have check valves or a missing link to trick the map sensor

the reason why it runs good when you turn the car off is because its resetting the map sensor code but then when you hit boost you have nothing to trick the map sensor

your ecu has no recognition of fuel maps after 0 vaccum so you need to set the safc to compinsate for anything over 0 vaccum

so install the injectors, and start with the settings on low and high cam at -40% and then get it dyno tuned

Old 05-06-2006, 07:50 PM

cool thanks, i guess that makes sense , i just thought stock injectors would be fine, i mean my friends ruinning his setup right now on b16 with stock injectors and it doesnt do the problem im having , but i will go ahead and install the injectors, by chance you have any links to show how to install dsm 450cc? pics would be great to what kinda gas miliege i should be getting when i put 450 in? at least 20mpg?
because right now i get around 20-25 if driving good
Old 05-08-2006, 04:36 PM

hey you seem know about turbo so i thought i would ask you.
First i been reading about the missing link, i dont have one , wouldnt that help me out? dont i need to have one?

also next thing is check valves? just something to get by for week or so, where can get one? how do i hook it up? i heard you can get something at pet store? the check vavle would only be temp, its for a 92+ civic
Old 05-08-2006, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 0618turbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey you seem know about turbo so i thought i would ask you.
First i been reading about the missing link, i dont have one , wouldnt that help me out? dont i need to have one?

also next thing is check valves? just something to get by for week or so, where can get one? how do i hook it up? i heard you can get something at pet store? the check vavle would only be temp, its for a 92+ civic</TD></TR></TABLE>

bottom line, your priority should be to get the proper a/f ratio under boost at all times. its best to get standalone with larger injectors/intak fuel tank/adj. f.p.r. injector size would depend on hp level/rpm. its very important that you research about running proper fuel setup and taking right precautions. btw, you can still maintain fuel efficiency with larger injectors

proper ventilation is also important to prolong the life of the engine, you introduce a lot of extra stress on the engine, so you need to make sure to let all the extra pressure out. stay away from valve cover breather filters - run that thing open - it will get clogged up and become a restriction. theres a pcv thread where you can choose the right setup for you.

it doesn't take much to blow up the engine - it really doesn't.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BOOST PROBLEMS?? (vtec.dc2)

if your running a safc controller you will not need any check valves or missing link.
you would if you were running a fmu but since you already have a safc and bigger injectors then i would stay with that

all they do is trick your map sensor into thinking there is no boost, your safc already does this.

go to http://www.homemadeturbo.com and click on tech projects and it will show you, its very easy and only takes about 30 minutes to install them

Old 05-10-2006, 07:20 PM

so once i install the injectors that should solve the boggin problem and the ecu from seeing boost? so that i dont have to restart my car.....lol thanks alot man, ur only one that help me so far on this
Old 05-12-2006, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes this will solve your problems as long as you have your safc set properly
because you still have to make a fuel map for anything above 0 vaccume

ill try to find the website on how you can do it

i used to have a fmu (for about a week) and i know the safc isnt as agood as real mangemant it still made a world of a difference
Old 05-12-2006, 11:33 AM

thanks alot, im just waiting to get a resistor box so i can put in the injectors