Notices

boost issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost issue

Tried searching can't seem to find any info. I had the car mapped a few months back running .5bar (7psi) it was running fine and holding boost. Last week it was only getting to .4 bar and has been ever since I can't seem to find what's causing this. It builds boost fast and still pulls. So far i have done the following

Boost leak test and no leaks at all.
Removed the vacuum pipe coming off the waste gate and blocked it off it over boosted.
Adjusted the waste gate rod it was almost hitting .5bar but after 5 mins off driving was back at .4 bar could the waste gate be the issue?
The turbo is fine with no shaft play.
Removed downpipe and checked actuator flap on turbo open closes fine.
Also I noticed sometimes when it's at .4bar it drops off boost a little and goes under .4bar this only happens sometimes. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: boost issue

Still having issues so far I have done

Removed the pipe from the actuator tested it car did not go over .5bar

I adjusted the actuator rod ( shortening it ) with the pipe disconnected tested it again this time it over boosted connected the actuator pipe and it went just under .5 bar after 5 minutes of driving it went back to .4bar.

I adjusted the actuator rod again ( shortening it ) a little more and now the car is over boosting. Could this issue still be the actuator? There is no boost leaks at all I have triple checked.

Also before adjusting the actuator rod it sounded like there was a leak I could hear this from 0 to .2bar boost since adjusting the actuator this is no longer heard. Just wanna make sure it is the actuator before I buy a replacement

Thanks for your time

Last edited by fire_king; 08-06-2012 at 04:50 PM.