Notices

boost controllers

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost controllers

any info you have?

spring in wastegate while running boost controller?

anyone like boost controllers?

What do you think of your boost controller?

when turning down boost on controller do you have to change your chip when going from 25lbs to 14lbs or 10lbs?

thanks
Old 05-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What would you like to know? Just asking us for any information is not going to help you out.

I run a Hallman MBC on my setup. The wastegate spring is a .6bar and i run .8bar with the Hallman. It holds pressure just fine...no creeping or spiking.

As for turning the unit down, if you are tuned for 25psi, the tuner will generally move up in pressure gradually; therefore, you will be tuned on the pressures lower than 25. Meaning, it will be safe for you to turn down from 25 to 14 whenever necessary.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Schister66)

sorry about that,
i've been having questions go through my mind literally and good ones too, then capoot, gone.

I was on my way out the door and thought about how I needed some info on my boost controller, it's a turbonetics manual boost controller that locks.

I dont know how much a turn of the **** can increase or decrease the amount of boost I'm running yet for I'm still running my break in tune and I am already on the spring for this break in tune. so the **** is all the way down.

When I go to tune I would like to use my 14lb spring in my wastegate and have my boost controller set for 25lbs.

will I just be able to after I have all the neccesary adjustments made to boost more, just turn up the **** and watch the boost gage,
and when the pulls on the dyno and adjustments to the boost controller take me to 25lbs of boost on the boost gage, fine tune and be done.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:26 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (sevenj)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sevenj &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">will I just be able to after I have all the neccesary adjustments made to boost more, just turn up the **** and watch the boost gage,
and when the pulls on the dyno and adjustments to the boost controller take me to 25lbs of boost on the boost gage, fine tune and be done.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, basically. Every boost controller is different, even same controllers can differ car to car, so there no way to say exactly how much to turn it for 25psi on your car. Just go a little at a time and watch the boost gauge.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AWDstylez..)

sick!!