Notices

boost control?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost control?

So I'm coming close to the end of my B18 build,but have a few minor questions that I was hoping to get some feedback on.I am running a hondata s300 and was wondering of this system allowed you to control boost pressure so I can change it whenever I like.or would I have to get a manual boost control?I no that it is preferred to put the controller as close to the wastegate as possible.however,I would like to be able to adjust the boost without having to get out of the car everytime and pop the hood.I have an integra dash with the cruise control button on the right side of the steering wheel.was wondering if I could run the controller there.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:28 PM

Default Re: boost control?

You can control the boost through your Hondata S300 system as long as you have the PWM boost control components installed in your ECU and are using a Hondata Boost solenoid or an equivalent boost solenoid. The pwm boost components use the factory ECU EGR circuitry to control the boost solenoid duty cycle thus allowing boost control.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That would mean an expensive valve and another send off of my ecu.I don't really have the time to wait for all that.my car needs to be on the road soon.she's my dd.she's already been down for like 4 months getn a makeover.any thoughts on the boost controller in the cruise control hole?just have the valve sticking out,allowing my to turn it whenever.I will be running a high hp setup on this block.100 octane everyday,air to water to keep things cool.brand new gtx3582r to give me profitable gains on the road or track.ill post another thread about my injectors.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:51 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

They make electronic boost controllers now they been out for a while. I use a greddy profec spec b it has two diffrent boost settings .. Google ebc
Old 05-03-2011, 01:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I used to use the greddy profec spec b, with the boost control button. Im much more happy with the hondata boost control setup. You wouldnt have to send your ECU out, im sure you could find a local shop to make the necessary mods to your ECU.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Since you have a s300, I would highly recommend getting the necessary components installed to use the boost control feature; you won't be disappointed. The boost by gear feature is great for a FWD high horsepower car.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by sikasscivic
That would mean an expensive valve and another send off of my ecu.I don't really have the time to wait for all that.my car needs to be on the road soon.she's my dd.she's already been down for like 4 months getn a makeover.any thoughts on the boost controller in the cruise control hole?just have the valve sticking out,allowing my to turn it whenever.I will be running a high hp setup on this block.100 octane everyday,air to water to keep things cool.brand new gtx3582r to give me profitable gains on the road or track.ill post another thread about my injectors.
The solenoid/valve retails for $100 , we offer the PWM installation with parts for $39.

Originally Posted by turbohatch96y7
They make electronic boost controllers now they been out for a while. I use a greddy profec spec b it has two diffrent boost settings .. Google ebc
The Greddy profec B will cost much more than $139, and is just a basic boost controller. It will not allow boost per gear, etc, plus just adds more wiring to your setup. You will be MUCH happier with PWM boost/ Boost per gear in the long run and you will see much quicker acceleration because you can limit your boost in lower gears to keep traction.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well HA, I think you sold me.I keep tellin myself since I'm building it,to built it right the first time so might as well huh.if that's all I need is the solenoid and the parts,then I should be able to do it myself.I am a certified welder and can most definitely solder.with the instructions on your website its kinda hard to screw it up.I will be purchasing the valve and the PWM installation kit from your website sometime today.you have been a great help in me making my decision.thank ya
Old 05-04-2011, 03:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah thats a pretty good deal for the install and boost by gear is GREAT !
Old 05-04-2011, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ordered.thanks guys for all the input.I no where the experts are now so you'll probly be seeing a lot more of me on here.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by sikasscivic
Ordered.thanks guys for all the input.I no where the experts are now so you'll probly be seeing a lot more of me on here.
Thank you for your order! Glad we could help. You will be glad you went with this setup when its all said and done. BTW, your order is shipped
Old 05-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey HA.what's the IN4004 for?I got everything else desoldered and soldered in where they need to be,but I have this extra diode and I don't no what its for
Old 05-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

good call on the pwm soleniod. i used to run the turboxs dual stage to a switch in my dashboard, but could not be happier with the pwm. it is so much more adjustable, makes it awesome for street and track
Old 05-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol,actually after looking at what comes with the kit it don't even come with an IN4004 diode,but I didn't get an ecu pin.is A11 a small pin or big pin?ill have to order a pack.