Notices

black box on old school greddy kit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default black box on old school greddy kit?

well i just opened up my used greddy turbo kit i bought. and instead of a blue box with 10 wires, i have a small black box that has 5? RED<WHITE< BLUE< BLACK< AND GREEN. but the green one looks like it wasn't hooked up, just kind of folded away from the rest? anybody know how this is supposed to work?
Old 11-26-2002, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: black box on old school greddy kit? (SOHC Beast)

yep you have the precursor to the blue box. I have the wiring diagram some where but i need to search through all my crap to find it. I do believe soem people left off the green wire for some reason. it might make more sense once I find the diagram. I had mine hooked up for 3 days decided to go with the missing link instead. (it is still in my ca, but not hooked up, <it completes my ghetto mobile>

check out this sites old archived stuff, that where i remember reading alot about the Black box, and the "green wire" mod.

http://pub19.ezboard.com/fturbod16forumturbod16
Old 11-26-2002, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: black box on old school greddy kit? (turbo sol)

so this black box replaces the blue one right? i have what i need then? i'll go search around but if you find the wires let me know. what is the missing link. i keep hearing poeple talk about it. and why did you choose to do this instead of the black box? thanks for the help though
Old 11-26-2002, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the black box will let you run stock boost. The missing link is a map bypass valve (keeps from throwing a check engien light with boost.) I ditched the black box b/c i was boosting over the stock psi. I was at 8 for a while, but i am turned back to stock now. IT would be fine to start at.

the way i unnderstand it is, the balck box limits the map senor signal based on input from other sensors along with the map sensor. I wont be untill next week when i post up the diagrmas. Hit me up with a pm if the post gets lost.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: black box on old school greddy kit? (turbo sol)

well i plan on tring to get everything installed tomorrow... i found a post with search for what wires go where... but it got confusing on one part. it said to cut the MAP wire (one of them) and splice the wire from the box into it..... so i don't know if it meant that it would be like this < T > or < _ L > can you understand what i am saying there? does it mean tap into it, or that instead of the sensor running, the box runs into it... i dunno. i can't explain it right now...i'm tired. sorry to confuse you.just let me knwo if you only tapped into the sensor wires, or if you cut one of the map sensor wires off and wired the box in its place... thanks again
Old 11-26-2002, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and one more thing. after x-mas i had planned on getting a boost controler and running like 6 or 7 daily, but like 9-12 at the track..... will i not be able to tap into the wiring still and do that, or will i have to set it up different. i know you can do it with the blue box.
Old 11-26-2002, 10:21 PM

and one more thing. after x-mas i had planned on getting a boost controler and running like 6 or 7 daily, but like 9-12 at the track..... will i not be able to tap into the wiring still and do that, or will i have to set it up different. i know you can do it with the blue box.
9-12 psi with the blue or black box = BOOM!!
Old 11-27-2002, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: black box on old school greddy kit? (CzanSOHC)

then how are you supposed to do it? i mean i have awhile. i still need to run the black box for right now...