Notices

Big up's to John at J-K tuning!!! Emanage sucks Chipped OBDI is the way to go, plus IACV help inside

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big up's to John at J-K tuning!!! Emanage sucks Chipped OBDI is the way to go, plus IACV help inside

hey guys just wanted to share my experience and my trials and tribulations.

setup is 99 civic DX (Y7) OBDIIb with the Greddy 19t kit and old school Greddy IC. For the first month or so I was running the Emanage that came with the kit. It was terrible, the car would start and run ok but it wouldn't rev over 5K because of the basemap that was installed by Greddy, now it was a basemap intended for the Y8 but still it should have run better than it did. I tried using a Boomslang Emanage harness that included injector and ignition control but it ran even worse, not to dis Boomslang because it was a quality harness. I tried all kinds of things to get it to run better, changed the jumper settings to a non VTEC setting and all but it still wouldn't rev.

Finally I broke down and my stubborn *** decided to try a chipped OBDI ECU. I ordered from j-k tuning(a HT sponsor) and he sent me out a chipped P06 with an uberdata basemap. I installed it this morning and the car runs 5 million times better just off of his basemap. The only problem was my factory 3 wire IACV wasn't getting along with the P06 (through no fault of John). So I moved B6 to the empty B23 location on the harness and removed the orange wire. Started it up and the idle was at 4K RPM,no good. So I researched some more on HT and ended up grounding the orange wire to a body ground and the car runs amazing with a factory startup and idle! So yo CAN run a 3 wire IACV with a P06 you just have to move those wires.

Last paragraph I swear. I just want to thank John and everyone on HT for the help, couldn't have done any of this without HT. Now I'm trying to decide between Uberdata and Crome and trying to get an appointment at Church's ASAP but I think they might be closed this week. Thanks again everyone!

contact John at http://www.j-k-tuning.com for a great deal and a great basemap

Edit: I will post pics and video as soon as I get it tuned, of the almighty Y7 shooting for 190whp and just as much torque
Old 12-20-2005, 02:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Big up's to John at J-K tuning!!! Emanage sucks Chipped OBDI is the way to go, plus IACV help in

I am glad that you liked your setup and I could be of assistance. Good luck with your power goals. Keep me posted with your results always nice to see what people make
Old 12-20-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Big up's to John at J-K tuning!!! Emanage sucks Chipped OBDI is the way to go, plus IACV help in

first and last bump.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i wouldn't expect anything less from John