Notices

big problems- need help and info

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big problems- need help and info

I took my car to a mechanic to evaluate my tranny. I was being told that my car was only pulling 150hp with the drag gen III kit because of parasitic loss. I thought that was a load of sh*t. The mechanic tested the tranny and everything is running like it should. He then proceed to look at the setup to make sure everything was installed correctly. He found I have a wobble on the exhaust side of the turbo. Problem one solved. Problem two is that he opened the head and my valves are white. He said that is because I am running lean. My plugs are black and look like I was running rich. I have the 12:1 FPR set up. Wondering if this is possibly too much fuel for my stock injectors to handle and they are pinching shut. He recommends getting larger injectors. I have thought about that, but everything on this site I have read says that with larger injectors I need a standalone to control it. I was wondering with the 12:1 FMU and larger injectors, will I be running too rich or would that work without getting the standalone. I do have an S-AFC right now which I could rich/lean it out a little bit. I eventually want to get one, but funds are limiting me at this time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The more speicific the better. I am planning on printing your replys and giving them strait to the mechanic. The mechanic also stated he felt 12:1 was way to much fuel to go into the motor. Does it really need to be that high? Also, when I am driving under normal conditions my EGT gauge reads 1200 to 1300 degrees farhenheit. It is usually around that or maybe at 1400 when under boost. Does it sound like the motor is running too hot when I am out of boost. At idle the FP is at 35 or 37. Under boost it goes up to needle the gauge which reads up to 90PSI. All you assistance is greatly appreciated. Once all this is fixed on the car I will go back to the dyno and let you all know how the car is running.
Old 05-01-2002, 11:09 AM

Default Re: big problems- need help and info (teg2snbtrbd)

From what I read from this board, if you get larger injectors you can get rid of your 12:1 FMU because it is a very crude way to control fuel delivery. Get an adjustable (or stock FPR) and run your injectors and tune those with your SAFC. You should be fine as far as fuel delivery without the Hondata

Old 05-01-2002, 11:52 AM

Default Re: big problems- need help and info (xero-cool)

xero-cool - thanks

does anybody else have any thoughts on this. As much info as possible is greatly appreciated.