Notices

Best Turbo kit on the market?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 03:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Turbo kit on the market?

Im looking for a good turbo kit. Can you guys tell me your experience with what you have. Im looking for a kit that comes with everything, meaning i want to be able to put the kit on and start with no problems and no check engine light.i have a b18c and plan on building it, also what kind of compression should i run with, i know i would like to run about 14 psi daily driven on pump gas if possible. That is just what i have in my head........... i know tunning takes a big place but i just want to hear what you guys are running and what kind of problems you guys have had or maybe i should look out for. I have build lots of naturally aspirated motors but never a turbo charged motor and i plan on trying.

your help will be greatly appreciate

thanks david
Old 12-08-2003, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best Turbo kit on the market? (1BADGS-R)

If you're going to build it for boost then 9:1 or 9.5:1 is good. Too low compression will give you more turbo lag and less power and too high will pose a threat to detonation and other problems. The best kit? I'd go with a drag or rev hard. You seem new to the turbo game and should start off with a smaller kit. But if I was you I'd read up a lot and build your own kit. It isn't hard and will save you a good but of money in the long run.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Happyman, thanks for the information, and i will probably be looking for a 9.5:1 compression piston, and i have been looking at the drag and rev hard turbo kits those were the two top kits i was looking at befor talking to you

your help is greatly appreciated

David
Old 12-08-2003, 11:19 AM

First get some good fuel management then buy a kick *** turbo and then build the rest of your kit around that. Since your planning on building your b18c you might as well build a custom kit so you can get exactly what you want. That's just what I would do.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Best Turbo kit on the market? (beerbongskickass)

Remember the best turbo kit for one person may not be the best choice for someone else. My suggestion is research and do a custom kit and get the parts you want and will work well within your setup.
Old 12-08-2003, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best Turbo kit on the market?

This is strictly my opinion. I can tell you that there several kits on the market that are comparable (Drag, F-Max, Revhard etc) These are not the best kits, but are a good entry level for someone who is not willing to fabricate all the piping and is not looking for insane amounts of power. The turbos that come with the kits normally generate about the same amount of horsepower + or - 30whp. at the same psi. I'll tell you this; I can easily achieve 375-350 whp with my Revhard setup, but that is about the limits of the turbo. If you want to get big numbers then you need to go bigger. For instance full 3'' downpipe, intercooler piping larger than 2.25, bigger turbo, larger wastegate, etc. There are lots of factors that come into play when you consider something the best. You could be a looker person that likes nice shiney things and this would factor out a lot of kits. You could also be a person that doesn't give a **** about the way a turbo setup looks as long as it hauls *****. So you have lots of options out there just look around on the net some more. This is all just my opinion after playing with multiple setups over the past 7 years.
Old 12-08-2003, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Best Turbo kit on the market? (quikB18B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quikB18B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Remember the best turbo kit for one person may not be the best choice for someone else. My suggestion is research and do a custom kit and get the parts you want and will work well within your setup.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ot just go all out and buy a Full Race kit and some Autronic or DFI for fuel management
Old 12-08-2003, 03:28 PM

turbonetics makes a real good kit, claims about 225 on the 1.8L and 260 on the integra vtec

you can talk to gary at turboneticsinc @ 805-581-0333

http://www.cardomain.com/id/boostlee
Old 12-08-2003, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Best Turbo kit on the market? (boostlee)

maxrev kit is really good and basic and it can make a lot of power. their bov's suck though.

good luck
Old 12-08-2003, 04:43 PM
TurboJesse

Default Re: Best Turbo kit on the market? (BoostedsiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedsiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maxrev kit is really good and basic and it can make a lot of power. their bov's suck though.

good luck </TD></TR></TABLE>

I personally like there bov's