Notices

B18CT/PISTON RATIO

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18CT/PISTON RATIO

hey tunners, what's up, i need a good advice, i have a hard time finding whats best for my block which piston ratio should i go with 9:1 or 9.8:1. I've a b18c with
td05 and i'm boostin 8psi i've no sleeves. if any body knows please reply.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B18CT/PISTON RATIO (ELPITUDO)

I don't think anyone on this site will
have an answer for this question. these
people just take their bolcks to get them fixed and they post their setup according to what they tell them that they have but in reality they don't what they really got. they don't know about compression ratio. they
don't know about rebuilding blocks they
just say but they don't do.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Re: B18CT/PISTON RATIO (eglslsd)

yeah mann this is a simple question and i see no one here knows what's up may be i'm wasting my time with this *** holes. ok bye
Old 07-22-2007, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ELPITUDO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah mann this is a simple question and i see no one here knows what's up may be i'm wasting my time with this *** holes. ok bye</TD></TR></TABLE>
If its simple then why cant you figure it out on your own?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:12 AM

Default Re: B18CT/PISTON RATIO (Boner_Ben)

it is simple, but i just want to be on the best engine performance and thats something that you may be don't undestand because i'm building my own engine i'm not paying some tunning shop.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no one here is going to give you a straight
answer everyone doesn't even know them selfs what comperssion ratio they have let alone what is good for boost. does enyone on this site know what comperssion ratio
they're running?
post your answers and set up.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ELPITUDO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it is simple, but i just want to be on the best engine performance and thats something that you may be don't undestand because i'm building my own engine i'm not paying some tunning shop.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah I have no clue I just purchased the turn-key 10 second package from the local ricer shop
Old 07-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

And to answer your question- People have made plenty of power on a wide range of compression ratio's. It will mostly come down to the tuning. If you plan on running pump gas most of the time then you may benefit from running lower compression so you dont eat a motor from a bad batch of gas and since you are running a small turbo, the extra compression to help with the mid range really isnt needed.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

but still no answer. read the question and answer it ist 9:1 or 9:8:1. I suggest 9:1 because we will most likely upgrade on the
turbo.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out the red HT search engine !!! that **** rips !!!
Old 07-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: B18CT/PISTON RATIO (dturbocivic)

you come in asking a question then say that everyone is too stupid to answer?

go figure it out yourself then you ******* retards. both of you idiots are from GA and im guessing your buddies by the way you talk to each other. maybe between the 2 of you you can make 1 brains worth of common sense and do a ******* search.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B18CT/PISTON RATIO (dturbocivic)

9.8-1 will give you more power then 9-1. what kind of power are you looking for. if your going to stay with that turbo go with 9.8-1 you have to see what power goals you want. more info would help a lot.

oh yeah for all the other guys who say people just pay shops and dont know **** about there motor.

i have a 9.7-1 gsr block stock headgasket, stock sleeves, with weisco pistons and eagle rods. running a gt2871r turbo. i know what im running do you
Old 07-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eglslsd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't think anyone on this site will
people just take their bolcks to get them fixed and they post their setup according to what they tell them that they have but in reality they don't what they really got. they don't know about compression ratio. they
just say but they don't do. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd hate to hear what **** pours from your mouth when you talk about other races...

I've personally taken all the volume measurements and added everything up, giving me 8.22:1 CR...on the motor I built myself. I've been CC'ing heads and blocks since I was 14, so I doubt I messed up.

There are many other factors besides compression ratio, but as long as its w/in 8.5-10:1, you'll be fine. 8-9:1 will be safer for high boost/high power, 9-10:1 will be fine for off-boost power and making good power on low boost power, anything above that really should use racing gas for anything besides low boost.

To answer your question - if you don't plan on going beyond 11psi with that motor, get the 9.8:1, otherwise 9:1 will be perfect (and will make only a little less power out of boost).
Old 07-23-2007, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B18CT/PISTON RATIO (HiProfile)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

To answer your question - if you don't plan on going beyond 11psi with that motor, get the 9.8:1, otherwise 9:1 will be perfect (and will make only a little less power out of boost).</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree here considering bigger turbo's arent as efficient on low boost as to high boost
Old 07-23-2007, 08:26 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you don't plan on upgrading the turbo then I would go with the higher comression pistons. The lower the compression the more boost you can run w/o chance of detonation. 9:1 is what most people run in the 300-700HP range. Not all, but most.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eglslsd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't think anyone on this site will

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
This coming from someone who didn't even know what type of motor he had. lol What a tool
Old 07-23-2007, 08:32 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ELPITUDO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah mann this is a simple question and i see no one here knows what's up may be i'm wasting my time with this *** holes. ok bye</TD></TR></TABLE>

GTFO Then
Old 07-23-2007, 11:22 AM
official honda whore

people just take their blocks to get them fixed and they post their setup according to what they tell them that they have but in reality they don't what they really got. they don't know about compression ratio. they

you sound like some freakin redneck moron!!!

the difference with your setup between those 2 choices will be negligible

anything under 300hp (which you would be hard pressed to get out of the 18g) would be fine with compression up to around 11:1 and you could go as low as 8:1 but would make less power