Notices

b18c1 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 b18c1 turbo

*ONLY LOOKING TO MAKE AROUND 250-280WHP STREET SAFE BUILD*

So basically i'm not searching for a list of parts, explaining what's wrong with my car, or asking any for anyone to spoon feed me info.
I've done extensive research now on this and plenty other topics but can't find anything as to exactly what i'm looking to do.

Now for the part i need help with.

I'm planning on boosting my b18c1 in my hatch... i don't need the whole 'BEEN DONE NEWB GSR HATCH QUEER' dilemma as i've seen so many times.. but i need some info on how to put my plans to the wheels. So far my whole motor has been rebuilt with pr3 pistons and arp everything in the head. Has under 8,000 miles and my only mods have been ecu chipped from pherable to where vtec cracks at 55, redline at 94, and only bolt ons are full thermal racing exhaust, filter coupled straight off the intake, and type r header.

now for the plans:
eventually looking at getting a fresh ecu or sending mine back to pherable
skunk2 or supertech valvetrain package
itr cams
powerchamber cold air or some sort of short ram
port and polishing head (might hold on this part)
msd ignition
some sort of fuel management system (help)
injectors? (help)
walbro pump (help)
and either a b16 head setup or open to gsr head ideas
*ebay turbo kit*
**will switch out manifold, bov, gate and turbo (help)

as for the turbo:
i've done a lot of research but still don't know what i want for sure or what's going to work best.. i want a moderately small turbo that can deliver the power and spool up quick with a gnarley noise to back it up.
i also want a deep turbo sound along with it and lots of back pressure..

i need to know where this list is gonna get me and how it's going to work.

what piping do i need (downpipe? exhaust?)

best turbo for my plans?

intercooler bov wastegate?

don't just let this post slide because it seems like too much work. i need help and can't find it to this degree anywhere. i've done the work myself so the least you guys can do is share some knowledge.
AGAIN: i've done plenty of my own research.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:10 PM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

Default Re: b18c1 turbo

Originally Posted by OlHatch_
*ONLY LOOKING TO MAKE AROUND 250-280WHP STREET SAFE BUILD*

now for the plans:
itr cams
powerchamber cold air or some sort of short ram
port and polishing head (might hold on this part)
msd ignition
some sort of fuel management system (help)
injectors? (help)
walbro pump (help)
and either a b16 head setup or open to gsr head ideas
*ebay turbo kit*
**will switch out manifold, bov, gate and turbo (help)

as for the turbo:
i've done a lot of research but still don't know what i want for sure or what's going to work best.. i want a moderately small turbo that can deliver the power and spool up quick with a gnarley noise to back it up.
i also want a deep turbo sound along with it and lots of back pressure..

i need to know where this list is gonna get me and how it's going to work.

what piping do i need (downpipe? exhaust?)

best turbo for my plans?

intercooler bov wastegate?

i've done the work myself so the least you guys can do is share some knowledge.
AGAIN: i've done plenty of my own research.

youve done extensive "research" and you only came up with this?
there is no direction and i dont see a parts list. all i see is...well i dont know what im looking at. you said you dont want to be spoonfed??
Old 10-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i was expecting a comment as such. i've seen a lot of forums with a lot less details come to conclusions so i would of thought you guys could handle this..
to sum it up AGAIN

i want a fast spooling dirty sounding street safe b18c1 turbo with room for improvement. only looking to make 250-280 horses.. just tell me what you would do with the given description and we can go from there.. i thought this forum was about helping people not bashing noobs. and yes i have done plenty of research i'm just very indecisive because i know this has been done plenty of times and i want mine to be one of its own. is that so bad?
Old 10-06-2013, 08:05 PM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

yes this has been done many times, actually 10yrs+ worth. unfortunately your build is not one of a kind. bashing on new people you say, huh, i guess you dont hang out in forums much. if you scroll down on the force induction page there is a guy that wants to do a b16 build that needs help as well. his goals are more or the less the same as yours. the motors are different but can be built the same.

im not bashing you by no means man, you need to have tough skin. your list, if you want to call it that, didnt list anything. if i start listing things for you wouldnt i be feeding you information in which you said not to? i just dont know how after all your research you havent came up with a parts list. if your looking up a build title that says "250-300hp build log" i seriously doubt youll find anything.

we help people on these forums but have you tried to ask an librarian to read a book for you? didnt think so. this is your parts list you listed in which has no direction.

itr cams
powerchamber cold air or some sort of short ram turbo honda motors dont have such items.
port and polishing head (might hold on this part) not needed, do some homework
msd ignition not needed do some homework
some sort of fuel management system (help) research bruh, did you avoid the FAQ on the top of the forum?
injectors? (help) not sure what your overall power goal is. you mentioned something about having room for improvement. i can say 750cc or 2000cc, need to say what your final goal is
walbro pump (help) this was a dead giveaway. you should have found out what size you need because its the most commonly used size and brand
and either a b16 head setup or open to gsr head ideas why switch heads? the gsr head all way
*ebay turbo kit* this right here will get you know where. no one here or should i say 98% of the regular folks here dont support knock off turbochargers
**will switch out manifold, bov, gate and turbo (help) why are you wasting your money if your going to switch out? buy it once and buy it right

we can help all the way, but if you come in here not knowing much and then provide not so good information stating that youve done your research. youll have a hard time here my friend, this is a good forum a great one actually, but you need to pull your own weight around. this person was kind enough to make this nice FAQ please take some time and read https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/%2A%2A%2Aforced-induction-forum-faq%2A%2A%2A-1024174/
Old 10-07-2013, 02:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

itr cams
powerchamber cold air or some sort of short ram turbo honda motors dont have such items.
port and polishing head (might hold on this part) not needed, do some homework
msd ignition not needed do some homework
some sort of fuel management system (help) research bruh, did you avoid the FAQ on the top of the forum?
injectors? (help) not sure what your overall power goal is. you mentioned something about having room for improvement. i can say 750cc or 2000cc, need to say what your final goal is
walbro pump (help) this was a dead giveaway. you should have found out what size you need because its the most commonly used size and brand
and either a b16 head setup or open to gsr head ideas why switch heads? the gsr head all way
*ebay turbo kit* this right here will get you know where. no one here or should i say 98% of the regular folks here dont support knock off turbochargers
**will switch out manifold, bov, gate and turbo (help) why are you wasting your money if your going to switch out? buy it once and buy it right
Fuel management, use Crome if you want to do it yourself or get S300/Neptune. That's pretty much the general idea. Crome is buggy too, in my opinion. Just a hassle for the tuner, has no real effect on the car once the tune is dialed in; from my understanding.

Man, 250-280 is my goal and I got 750cc injectors just because they were around. A size smaller will work too.

Walbro 255, works for most street applications. Pretty sure that is just known.

The eBay stuff was a mistake. GRANTED, I bought an eBay BOV and intercooler piping. And a catch can. But the 'important' stuff, I wouldn't mess with.

You posted a couple things like the MSD ignition that are useless at your power goal. If you are going to upgrade, hold off on those. But I'm a noob at this stuff too, just throwing out what I've been told.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's why i said i needed help with a lot of those things. I've done research yes but i'm not a fan of sounding stupid that's why i'm open to anything you guys could help me with to get me moving in the right direction.
i was weary about saying msd ignition i just thought that helped in general... but if it's not necessary then great

and i was going to say walbro 255, but again i didn't want to sound stupid if wrong.

and i'm keeping the head but considering maybe a b20 block for the given torque

also i apologize for adding the cold air in there.. i was pretty tired when writing up this post and didn't really review it. I'm aware they don't use those

and i don't mind you guys giving me a parts list or telling me what to do with my given goals, i've just seen plenty of times where people get bashed for asking for a list...
i know what i want and i know remotely how to get there.. just need some advice
Old 10-07-2013, 07:38 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

That's why i said i needed help with a lot of those things. I've done research yes but i'm not a fan of sounding stupid that's why i'm open to anything you guys could help me with to get me moving in the right direction.
i was weary about saying msd ignition i just thought that helped in general... but if it's not necessary then great

and i was going to say walbro 255, but again i didn't want to sound stupid if wrong.

and i'm keeping the head but considering maybe a b20 block for the given torque

also i apologize for adding the cold air in there.. i was pretty tired when writing up this post and didn't really review it. I'm aware they don't use those

and i don't mind you guys giving me a parts list or telling me what to do with my given goals, i've just seen plenty of times where people get bashed for asking for a list...
i know what i want and i know remotely how to get there.. just need some advice
all depends upon your budget and use.. A list only goes so far.. the rest is how you personalize that list.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:57 PM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

Mac
This guy has a long way to go. Giving him a list doesn't solve anything, he is missing basic knowledge in which I directed him to via hyperlink. He reminds me of my brother that has a boosted b16 that he let the tuner build (which is fine) but he doesn't have a clue on how to maintenance it or what is needed to create more power linear power that is.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:14 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by justYncredible
Mac
This guy has a long way to go. Giving him a list doesn't solve anything, he is missing basic knowledge in which I directed him to via hyperlink. He reminds me of my brother that has a boosted b16 that he let the tuner build (which is fine) but he doesn't have a clue on how to maintenance it or what is needed to create more power linear power that is.
I see... well. If that's the case, time will tell in the end.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol you guys are getting the complete wrong idea.
I've watched a lot of threads previous to making my account..

i just kinda figured with the way these things operate, it would be easier and save me from getting bashed for being a noob.. i guess i was wrong.

i do have a grasp on some honda knowledge.. i take it you're trying to more or less call me a fanboy..
that's quite okay because i can see what kind of vibe i've given off already. i shouldn't have to repent my honda knowledge and bow down to you guys.. i just wanted some help. i don't see what the big deal is...

I'm the type of person to keep my mouth closed until i can contribute to the conversation and keep it going.

with that being said i'm not going to sit here and talk out of my a** only to get made fun of..

i wouldn't like to spend more than 1,500 for the build up..
figured i would go with ebay piping and either a used t3/t4 or a godspeed turbo itself since they don't seem to be too terrible.

and as a matter of fact.. i do plan on building myself. of course with a lot of help from friends and people who can actually help me.
and with doing some more learning. help!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:40 AM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

So your telling me the link I provided didn't help you at all? I doubt you'll get support with a Godspeed turbo from the guru's here.
No one here is bashing you, there is leg work you have to do on your own.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol you guys are getting the complete wrong idea.
I've watched a lot of threads previous to making my account..

i just kinda figured with the way these things operate, it would be easier and save me from getting bashed for being a noob.. i guess i was wrong.

i do have a grasp on some honda knowledge.. i take it you're trying to more or less call me a fanboy..
that's quite okay because i can see what kind of vibe i've given off already. i shouldn't have to repent my honda knowledge and bow down to you guys.. i just wanted some help. i don't see what the big deal is...

I'm the type of person to keep my mouth closed until i can contribute to the conversation and keep it going.

with that being said i'm not going to sit here and talk out of my a** only to get made fun of..

i wouldn't like to spend more than 1,500 for the build up..
figured i would go with ebay piping and either a used t3/t4 or a godspeed turbo itself since they don't seem to be too terrible.

and as a matter of fact.. i do plan on building myself. of course with a lot of help from friends and people who can actually help me.
and with doing some more learning. help!
I'm still learning too. I havn't posted much because I'm still reading up and learning. Want a cheap intercooler kit? Try cxracing. I hear all good about the intercoolers. I was originally going to get cx racing turbo kit, but by reading on here, I will stay away from the actual turbo kits. Either piece your kit together slowly, or save up to put more money into a good kit. Or buy a used kit.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have been following this thread to see where it goes but i can't help myself after your last response:
Why would anyone want to offer help to you when all you do is go around acting like you are some victim of forum bullying? Why don't you just suck it up act like a man, admit you don't know everything about turbo and I ask for help. Instead you act like you are too ashamed to ask for help because you are afraid of getting bashed on.

Set your pride at the door be humble and people will respect you more then pretending you are something you are not and getting so easily offended. Make your posts about your car and don't take it so personal and you will enjoy this forum so much more.

Have you ever heard of AZHT? I am wondering if you got your first forum experience from there. That is a forum that bashes and hates on people, i have rarely seen it here on HT. Most people I come across on HT are very respectful, knowledgeable, and just enthusiasts. Just treat others with respect don't accuse people of doing things to you that they aren't.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah so this post was terrible. and Madego that was pretty exaggerated but it's okay i've learned a good bit since this shitty post and i'll have a new, more educated one up soon. thanks guys for the help you did give me