Notices

B18b Turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18b Turbo build

Contemplating the idea of a small turbo on my b18b1. Motors completely stock with 145,xxx kms on it. Very healthy, doing oil changes and maintenance. Very minimal oil burning... Pretty much nothing. Heres my thoughts... Im looking to do a sort of budget build. I use the car for autocross so im not looking to make tons of power with using the small turbo. Would rather a faster spool at a lower rmp. Hoping for say 220. Open to constructive criticism and ideas!!

Small Greddy turbo T25/T28 with internal wastegate 6psi
Godspeed BOV or Tial if I can find a good used one
Log style turbo manifold (cast)
440 DSM injectors or something else?
2.5 Intercooler piping
Small intercooler
2.25 inch exhaust magnaflow muffler
Stock intake/TB

Tuned on possibly Hondata? Other ideas?

Am I missing anything?
Old 03-18-2014, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 95B18Teggy
Contemplating the idea of a small turbo on my b18b1. Motors completely stock with 145,xxx kms on it. Very healthy, doing oil changes and maintenance. Very minimal oil burning... Pretty much nothing. Heres my thoughts... Im looking to do a sort of budget build. I use the car for autocross so im not looking to make tons of power with using the small turbo. Would rather a faster spool at a lower rmp. Hoping for say 220. Open to constructive criticism and ideas!!

Small Greddy turbo T25/T28 with internal wastegate 6psi
Godspeed BOV or Tial if I can find a good used one
Log style turbo manifold (cast)
440 DSM injectors or something else?
2.5 Intercooler piping
Small intercooler
2.25 inch exhaust magnaflow muffler
Stock intake/TB

Tuned on possibly Hondata? Other ideas?

Am I missing anything?
your going to need a resistor box with them dsm injector unless you go with some saturated injector, still missing a few item but i'm pretty sure you know what missing because if you plan to autocross that thing you should already know the essential your going to need a more aggressive clutch and better suspension koni ground control is you best option, when it come to autocross it best not to cheap out on suspension. as for blow off valve that really personal preference though i would stay away from godspeed because his stuff is really godspeed for disaster, also a fuel pump walboro 255 lbs is fine if you haven't already have one, hondata is fine too if your budget allow it how ever there are other alternative chrome, ectune, and neptune talk to your tuner of choice and ask what he prefer and what they will tune fyi alot of tuner will not touch chrome and ectune.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B18b Turbo build

Yes a resister box is a must. I already have suspension work done as I autocross Skunk2 camber kits, LCAS, subframe brace and sway bar, sportline springs on koni yellows.

Yes the walbro would be a good choice for a fuel pump. I completely forgot about that. Id rather see if I could find a cheaper way to tune instead of hondata, that would allow for money to be spent elsewhere where it is needed!
Old 03-20-2014, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

be careful with them skunk2 chamber them little bolt that hold the adjustment plate are known to break off i had a buddy with a del sol who bought 2 set to realize there were junk.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:45 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: B18b Turbo build

Neptune and Chrome are both low cost tuning options that are highly effective.