Notices

ATT Hondata freaks!!Hondata S200B throwing code 1 (O2 sensor)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATT Hondata freaks!!Hondata S200B throwing code 1 (O2 sensor)

Has this ever been covered before, I need big help on why my car is throwing a O2 sensor code when the O2 sensor has been dismantled. Im using hondata S200B with P28 on a single cam, spent a whole day on the dyno, tuned nice but now this....PLEEASE tell me what is up with my hondata....its eats me up inside i spent a grand, and all for a cel code i cant fix

this is what someone said on the hondata forum

"It is a known bug for the ecu to sometimes throw a code 1 if the ecu is in open loop. It happens after a cold start and during deceleration."

it usualy comes on after 20-30min of driving, but almost everyday. usualy coming of a freeway, or sometimes just driving around town....

-can you explain to me what a closed/open loop is...? And which is better to run daily....?

-does it make any difference to leave the O2 sensor plugged in or unplugged..?

so is this "bug" something everyone experiences, or is it the hondata system itself...? Im gonna be bummed if there is no way to get rid of this problem, what should i try...?? Does hondata know about this problem, and are they reccomending anything for it...?

Old 05-17-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: ATT Hondata freaks!!Hondata S200B throwing code 1 (turbo95eg6)

Open loop is when hondata/ecu does NOT read values or "sense" the values from the O2 senor and uses the ignition/timing/fuel maps stored on the ecu.

Closed loop is when the hondata uses the values from the o2 to adjust timeing/fuel/ignition.

Car is usually in closed loop in part throttle and when you go into boost and get onto throttle it goes to open loop.

I also get the *uckin o2 sensor code. My tuner or ANYONE from hondata can not friggin fix this. This is pissing me off.....paid too much managment to get a dumb Ckeck engine light. It comes on EVERY TIME when i first start up and decelerate. But the code is not stored ont he ecu and once i turn the car off then restart the car the code it gone untill i let it sit for a long time.

I should have gotten AEM....

Oh and feel free t ocorrect me on any of my info...im a little rusty.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: ATT Hondata freaks!!Hondata S200B throwing code 1 (MordecaiPSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MordecaiPSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Open loop is when hondata/ecu does NOT read values or "sense" the values from the O2 senor and uses the ignition/timing/fuel maps stored on the ecu.

Closed loop is when the hondata uses the values from the o2 to adjust timeing/fuel/ignition.

Car is usually in closed loop in part throttle and when you go into boost and get onto throttle it goes to open loop.

I also get the *uckin o2 sensor code. My tuner or ANYONE from hondata can not friggin fix this. This is pissing me off.....paid too much managment to get a dumb Ckeck engine light. It comes on EVERY TIME when i first start up and decelerate. But the code is not stored ont he ecu and once i turn the car off then restart the car the code it gone untill i let it sit for a long time.

Oh and feel free t ocorrect me on any of my info...im a little rusty.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yup the same with me
Old 05-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATT Hondata freaks!!Hondata S200B throwing code 1 (Rawgie)

hm......there must be a way to fix this no....? I think its bs how you tune a car but it throws cel codes
Old 05-17-2005, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

mine does it also, what you can do is do the plx trick.. use a resistor that fools the ecu in thinking an o2 sensor is there...

it does it when you go from 4k to idle.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATT Hondata freaks!!Hondata S200B throwing code 1 (Jordo@KAP)

did it fix your issues...? glad to know im not the only one with this mess...

i guess you get what you pay for....dont get me wrong, the car drives awsome, just that yellow light in my face makes me cringe
Old 05-17-2005, 05:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ATT Hondata freaks!!Hondata S200B throwing code 1 (MordecaiPSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MordecaiPSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Open loop is when hondata/ecu does NOT read values or "sense" the values from the O2 senor and uses the ignition/timing/fuel maps stored on the ecu.

Oh and feel free t ocorrect me on any of my info...im a little rusty.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Same here.... has you tuner tried disabling the O2 sensor and run off the maps alone? Mase did this for me and I never pulled a code then I somehow reset my ecu and its happening.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my gay *** stage 2 would giv eme a o2 code withg the o2 disabled...it was pretty gay
Old 05-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATT Hondata freaks!!Hondata S200B throwing code 1 (dasher)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dasher &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Same here.... has you tuner tried disabling the O2 sensor and run off the maps alone? Mase did this for me and I never pulled a code then I somehow reset my ecu and its happening.</TD></TR></TABLE>

from what my guy says he disabled my o2...

keep the info coming guys, i wanna know who is all running hondata andhasdealt with this issus.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (D@nnY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D@nnY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my gay *** stage 2 would giv eme a o2 code withg the o2 disabled...it was pretty gay</TD></TR></TABLE>

what did you do about it....?
Old 05-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbo95eg6)

When you disale the o2 turn off the heater too. That should help with the 02 code.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CRVRX)

Disabling the heater will not fix this issue, it is a known bug..

Hondata's current suggestion is to tune it well and run it in closed loop afterwards..

Old 05-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (locash)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jordo@KAP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mine does it also, what you can do is do the plx trick.. use a resistor that fools the ecu in thinking an o2 sensor is there...

it does it when you go from 4k to idle.</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by locash &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Disabling the heater will not fix this issue, it is a known bug..

Hondata's current suggestion is to tune it well and run it in closed loop afterwards..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

keep the suggestions coming...

so if its a known bug for hondata, is it pretty much a lost cause...? Pretty much a defect that will never get resolved...?
Old 05-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

for people who are having the same issues and are wanting a solution or more information/updates on this "bug" without being bs'd and put on hold please join their forums and post your issues...

http://www.hondata.net/forum/v...#8309
Old 05-18-2005, 04:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (turbo95eg6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbo95eg6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">keep the suggestions coming...

so if its a known bug for hondata, is it pretty much a lost cause...? Pretty much a defect that will never get resolved...?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Looks like it happens when the O2 sensor is disabled and the tune isn't perfect. When MASE street tuned my car I didn't have any problems until I changed my setup(Intercooler, intercooler pipe).

Other people on the hondata web forum mention this problem doesn't exist when the O2 sensor is activated but this presents other problems.

When i first got my car tuned @ secret services John left the O2 sensor active and I would occasionally stall my car when decelerating to a stop sign because the o2 sensor isn't as accurate in adjusting the air/fuel on a turbo setup as the (well tuned) maps themselves.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (locash)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by locash &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Disabling the heater will not fix this issue, it is a known bug..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep, major bug that needs fixed. Hondata denies it.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ladysman)

They don't deny it. Here's the thread where Hondata says "Known bug, will be fixed soonish." http://www.hondata.net/forum/v...light=

I get an o2 cell every time I drive under lift throttle conditions. I've taken to shifting to neutral and coasting to a stop at signs, red lights, etc. There's one down hill turn on my way home from work where it happens every time!

Before I read this post I bought an OEM o2s for $200.00+ because I thought the sensor was bad. I also was further frustrated since I thought it related to the tune, on which I've spent close to $1,000.00.

I wrote to hondata to see if "soonish" had arrived at the only email address I could find, which is sales@hondata.com and their answer was "No updates have been released at this time."
Old 07-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ridewhencan)

its a known bug that the disabled o2 sensor will some times throw a CEL. has nothing to do with how good the tune is, as i've tuned some cars where it never comes on and others when it always comes on.

either way, it sucks, but hell hondata is cheap.

either way, hondata s300 is near, i would assume that it is fixed with the new hondata.