Notices

Assistance Needed: Fotis2000 Intercooler End Tank creation. Suggestions welcome.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Assistance Needed: Fotis2000 Intercooler End Tank creation. Suggestions welcome.

Hi guys
I have a Garrett core for my civic ek and I want to know which style end tanks is “best” to make??
thanks
Old 06-12-2019, 04:22 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default re: Assistance Needed: Fotis2000 Intercooler End Tank creation. Suggestions welcome.

There's no best. You can do single back door, double back door, universal style. Or you can attempt to curve the entanks to minimize turbulence, but if it's not a race-only car, and you're not getting paid for it, you have to go with what works with that particular exhaust manifold and position of the turbocharger.

So, go with what you have available based upon your exhaust manifold, chassis, and turbocharger / wastegate position.
Old 06-15-2019, 04:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default re: Assistance Needed: Fotis2000 Intercooler End Tank creation. Suggestions welcome.

Originally Posted by TheShodan
There's no best. You can do single back door, double back door, universal style. Or you can attempt to curve the entanks to minimize turbulence, but if it's not a race-only car, and you're not getting paid for it, you have to go with what works with that particular exhaust manifold and position of the turbocharger.

So, go with what you have available based upon your exhaust manifold, chassis, and turbocharger / wastegate position.
thank you for the reply
I tried to make it single back door but I can’t because is ramhorn and from the other site is the radiator..
know I will go the normal side doors but I want to ask if is better to make the exits in the middle??

Last edited by TheShodan; 06-15-2019 at 11:44 PM.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:48 PM

Your image link didn't work. Try that again.

With that said, that all depends upon the room available for where the compressor outlet can be rotated to allow for the shortest route to the inlet side of the intercooler inlet. The throttle body side usually has more room to give. Again, this is based upon your chassis and what you have available. It's very difficult to assist without detailed photos, measurements of the chassis of what's available, etc. One of those, "You have to sort of be there to help" kind of questions, ya know?
Old 06-16-2019, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Assistance Needed: Fotis2000 Intercooler End Tank creation. Suggestions welcome.

Your image link didn't work. Try that again.

With that said, that all depends upon the room available for where the compressor outlet can be rotated to allow for the shortest route to the inlet side of the intercooler inlet. The throttle body side usually has more room to give. Again, this is based upon your chassis and what you have available. It's very difficult to assist without detailed photos, measurements of the chassis of what's available, etc. One of those, "You have to sort of be there to help" kind of questions, ya know?
You think is better to make shorter the inlet side of the cooler???
i will try to make back door the inlet and side the outlet
Old 06-16-2019, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Assistance Needed: Fotis2000 Intercooler End Tank creation. Suggestions welcome.

Originally Posted by fotis2000
You think is better to make shorter the inlet side of the cooler???
i will try to make back door the inlet and side the outlet
Easier to connect & use. "Better" is a relative term.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Easier to connect & use. "Better" is a relative term.
Thank you for your help...
Old 06-16-2019, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts

Since you are fabricating, can't you simply move the 1/2 width radiator over slightly to allow the back door of the outlet to pass through and still have room on the inlet side for the ram horn style turbo manifold ???