Notices

Anyone Using A GO-AUTOWORKS SPEC Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Using A GO-AUTOWORKS SPEC Turbo?

I have been doing some searching and dont really see that many dyno's with this turbo.

I am doing a vitara bottom end D16z6 with a GO-Autoworks Ramhorn kit looking for 350WHP-400WHP depending on if I stay 93 octane of go with E85.

I was considering the .70 AR Spec turbo, but I really dont see that many dyno's other than whats on GO-Autoworks site. Just wondering if anyone on this site is running one?

http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/gosptubybupo.html
Old 04-06-2012, 10:53 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Anyone Using A GO-AUTOWORKS SPEC Turbo?

From Go-Autowerks website via Bullseye Power:

Available .55 a/r stainless steel dual drilled turbine housing or .70 a.r 3" vband outlet cast turbine housing. This turbo flows 54 lbs per minute. This turbo is an excellent fit for small displacement motors looking for a broad powerban, while still being able to make 450+hp. These units also feature a stage 5 turbine wheel.

These actually use a P-trim exhaust wheel which is over 65mm exducer, and not the stage 5. The turbocharger can make 350-400whp on the d16 (if you have the correct cylinder head work for the 400whp), but does tend to be a bit lazier than some of the other choices that he as available including the T3/T04E 50 trim that he has available here:
http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/gat350tr.html
It still may take a bit more boost pressure to be able to get to the goals you need, but with a much more responsive "kick in the pants", with the smaller exhaust wheel in the .63A/R that you're looking for than even the .70A/R turbine housing that is offered with the BEP unit.

If the budget is still in the $800s, now you're looking at other options that fit including Garrett, Precision, or Turbonetics, with similar characteristics. (since this sounds like you're application is more of a street fighter / drag strip weekend-warrior).
Old 04-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
From Go-Autowerks website via Bullseye Power:

Available .55 a/r stainless steel dual drilled turbine housing or .70 a.r 3" vband outlet cast turbine housing. This turbo flows 54 lbs per minute. This turbo is an excellent fit for small displacement motors looking for a broad powerban, while still being able to make 450+hp. These units also feature a stage 5 turbine wheel.

These actually use a P-trim exhaust wheel which is over 65mm exducer, and not the stage 5. The turbocharger can make 350-400whp on the d16 (if you have the correct cylinder head work for the 400whp), but does tend to be a bit lazier than some of the other choices that he as available including the T3/T04E 50 trim that he has available here:
http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/gat350tr.html
It still may take a bit more boost pressure to be able to get to the goals you need, but with a much more responsive "kick in the pants", with the smaller exhaust wheel in the .63A/R that you're looking for than even the .70A/R turbine housing that is offered with the BEP unit.

If the budget is still in the $800s, now you're looking at other options that fit including Garrett, Precision, or Turbonetics, with similar characteristics. (since this sounds like you're application is more of a street fighter / drag strip weekend-warrior).

Thanks, I PM'd you
Old 04-07-2012, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree with mac . I have heard they are nice turbochargers for the price range but to me seems like they are more for the single cam crowd or mild setups. Could also look into a silver surfer also....
Old 04-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have it on my lsvtec. it's nice. im not asking much from mine as far as power it should get me to 375 pretty easy.... and thats as far as im going
Old 04-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The turbo kits that phearable.net sells are Go-autoworks kits. Looks like quality parts. Any one here uses there kits?
Old 04-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by slowtegkauai
The turbo kits that phearable.net sells are Go-autoworks kits. Looks like quality parts. Any one here uses there kits?
Tons of positive feedback about go-autoworks kits , they make quality kits.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 97_coupe
Tons of positive feedback about go-autoworks kits , they make quality kits.
Thanks I am sure Ill go with this kit unless something better pops up. Can you go to my thread and check out my parts list. Let me know what you would do diffrent or would suggest. Its the turbo a stock b18c thread. thanks
Old 04-07-2012, 02:51 PM

Nothing "better" will pop up. Just make sure you get the correct selection of parts for your application.

Please just recreate your list here, or go to your other thread and ask about options in the kit. Its kinda a PITA when you're going back and forth on two threads here.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nothing "better" will pop up. Just make sure you get the correct selection of parts for your application.

Please just recreate your list here, or go to your other thread and ask about options in the kit. Its kinda a PITA when you're going back and forth on two threads here.
Hi,

I know my PM was a long, I just wanted to make sure that it went through?

Thanks
Old 04-08-2012, 07:49 PM

I'll be looking at that today.. sorry about that. wasn't intentionally ignoring you.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll be looking at that today.. sorry about that. wasn't intentionally ignoring you.
No, no worries.....It was long and I was just making sure that it went through and I know that you have a lot of knowledge in this .....so thanks for your time