Notices

Anyone one ever use.........

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone one ever use.........or can help

I am deciding on what I want to do with my next project. I plan on buying a ej1 and am in the processes of make a build plan. I am researching many different ideas I have and I am leaning towards a LS-t. Still looking around at different setups I don't know what I like the most. What my question is does anyone have the eldebrock b-series turbo kit on a Ls? If so what do you like about it and what do you not.

P.s. I am building this car for the street and some times autocross. I am not looking for a 500 hp beast ( even though it would be fun) but a good 250-300 hp quick spooling setup. I want to keep my p.s and a/c. The out side of the car I would like to keep on the down low. I don't want a refrigerator size fmic LOL. Also does spraying an fmic black hurt its performance at all. I have read that it makes alittle less hp .

Im looking for:

1. was there any tuning involved or does the kit come with some sort of piggyback ecm?

2. if the kit does come with a piggyback ecm do you recommend using it or will better tuning need to be done?

3. what kind of real world power does this setup make, I know that some may not have dyno #'s but is the power worth the money for this kit.

4. is the kit complete? Ho does the parts look. I have heard that they are well built kits. But that's just one opinion.

Now I know the web (eldebrock) sit offers alot of the info I am looking for but I would rather have answers/opinions for a person that has used the kit.

In stead of starting another thread I would like to know other than the eldebrock kit what other companies kits and or individual parts would some of you recommend?

Keep in mind I have researched this and still am.

Thanks for the help!
h-t rocks

Kris

Modified by vtec-2000 at 11:58 AM 12/26/2007
Old 12-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone one ever use.........or can help (vtec-2000)

that edelbrock kit doesn't come with an ecm, you'd have to get that too (piggyback or standalone). fuel pump and injectors. as well as a 3bar map sensor
Old 12-26-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Anyone one ever use.........or can help (SteamedRice)

thats good to know thanks

Kris

anyone else?