Notices

anyone making high HP with uberdata/chrome/whatever?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 02:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone making high HP with uberdata/chrome/whatever?

read the title.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:10 AM

Default Re: anyone making high HP with uberdata/chrome/whatever? (ndogg)

What do you consider high hp?
Old 11-13-2003, 05:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I havent dyno'd yet but I have seen 273/227 from 10psi stock LS using uber and a SST manifold...
Old 11-13-2003, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone making high HP with uberdata/chrome/whatever? (phiberoptik)

i made 290 whp using crome.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:50 PM

no ones making 300+ ? i'm just wondering at what point does this system becomes inadequate and you need to step up to EMS or hondata.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ndogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no ones making 300+ ? i'm just wondering at what point does this system becomes inadequate and you need to step up to EMS or hondata.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Uberdata/crome have the same capibility as hondata, as far as power production is concerned.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:30 PM

Default Re: anyone making high HP with uberdata/chrome/whatever? (rioninja)

hopefullyi sound like a huge noob for saying this, but whats chrome? if you are talking about fuel managment like i think you are.....i made 325 hp on stock ecu (afc tuned) no nitrous
Old 11-13-2003, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone making high HP with uberdata/chrome/whatever? (wanabecivicex)

its crome not chrome

if you are capable of tuning, the power is there.

Rob
Old 11-15-2003, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question about the ignition tables??

the distributer in a stock ls is set to 16 degrees advance.
now the map says at this point -6 degrees this will me retarded.

so is the real ingnition setting , set at 20 - 6 = 14 degrees total advance for the ignition block?

Old 11-15-2003, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (non-vtecAl)

i dont want to come off as being cocky... but most of the people who choose uberdata,crome... etc. arent really even building setups that are capable of making high HP&gt; they choose these systems because they are cheap and do a great job for the level of power they are hoping for(~300whp). I think the only drawback for these systems is just customer support.

im sure after more and more people start to use this software it wont be long at all before people are making high HP

Old 11-15-2003, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (g2turbo)

i went 13.0 at 107mph @ 5psi untuned with uberdata about 6 months ago, in a full weight teg on street tires.
Old 11-15-2003, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (g2turbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by g2turbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont want to come off as being cocky... but most of the people who choose uberdata,crome... etc. arent really even building setups that are capable of making high HP&gt; they choose these systems because they are cheap and do a great job for the level of power they are hoping for(~300whp). I think the only drawback for these systems is just customer support.

im sure after more and more people start to use this software it wont be long at all before people are making high HP

</TD></TR></TABLE>

The costomer support is out there for these products. I was using ems and sold it bacuase i found out about rom editor program, and wanted to learn them. I have got way more support from individuals here and on pgmfi.org regarding all types of rom editors, then i ever got from AEM. So money was not a deciding factor in my choice to run this program. Allso my setup is no junkyard turbo setup. I have built it with all new components to include forged interanals. I think people make comments like yours because they are uneducted on the subject. If you do your homework, and actually have 2mm of common sense o=in your nugget, you can figure out how to use this. The opurtunity is out there to make big power with this setup, you can feasibly make just as much power with this as you can with hondata. I think that the fear of people actually having to learn something and get down and actually physically open up their ecu and solder, is what scares people from it. All the engineering is there, it has allready been done, there is nothing new here. Its not hard and actually i do not see why more people do not do this. And the fact that this software is freewar and able to be download at a whim is just freeking awesome. Its far better than an FMU and has more resolution than the hack and allso addresses the timing issues. It takes care of it all, why people bash it is beyond me. ignorance is the only answer that makes any sense to me as to why people bash this.

Robert
Old 11-15-2003, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbodGSR)

That seems offly fast for only 5psi untuned... what engine are you using?
Old 11-15-2003, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rjardy)

Well said.
Old 11-15-2003, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BVM)

The reason we aren't seeing any impressive numbers with these programs is because they are limited to 11 psi. None of the free programs available now support a 3 bar map sensor....Crome does have a 3 bar option, but it really doesn't work properly yet.
Old 11-15-2003, 11:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Willis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Willis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The reason we aren't seeing any impressive numbers with these programs is because they are limited to 11 psi. None of the free programs available now support a 3 bar map sensor....Crome does have a 3 bar option, but it really doesn't work properly yet. </TD></TR></TABLE>

blakes 3 bar works fine.

Rob
Old 11-17-2003, 05:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rjardy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rjardy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The costomer support is out there for these products. I was using ems and sold it bacuase i found out about rom editor program, and wanted to learn them. I have got way more support from individuals here and on pgmfi.org regarding all types of rom editors, then i ever got from AEM. So money was not a deciding factor in my choice to run this program. Allso my setup is no junkyard turbo setup. I have built it with all new components to include forged interanals. I think people make comments like yours because they are uneducted on the subject. If you do your homework, and actually have 2mm of common sense o=in your nugget, you can figure out how to use this. The opurtunity is out there to make big power with this setup, you can feasibly make just as much power with this as you can with hondata. I think that the fear of people actually having to learn something and get down and actually physically open up their ecu and solder, is what scares people from it. All the engineering is there, it has allready been done, there is nothing new here. Its not hard and actually i do not see why more people do not do this. And the fact that this software is freewar and able to be download at a whim is just freeking awesome. Its far better than an FMU and has more resolution than the hack and allso addresses the timing issues. It takes care of it all, why people bash it is beyond me. ignorance is the only answer that makes any sense to me as to why people bash this.

Robert
</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you read my post i was not bashing it at all . Give it some time and there will be good numbers made with this system.